Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods Folder Missing

Hello,

I am very aware of how to download and install CC, however when I navigate to where the mods folder should be for the demo it's simply not there. I tried putting in my own mods folder and resource.cfg but that didn't work either. I have installed the game on my D drive instead of my C drive, does this make a difference? I also have TS3 on my D drive and have no problem with CC. Just curious to know if anyone else has this issue/has heard of this issue.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    It doesn't matter where you INSTALLED the game. The Mod folder is not in the "Program Files" folder. It's in the "Documents" folder.
  • Options
    kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Thank you for your response! I'm aware it's in documents and not program files, here is a picture:

mHz3Tz4.png

Is this not where it should be?
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    Nu love your documents folder :) Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 CAS Demo
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    The contents of your folder matches what I have in my programs folder.

My Docs folder
    [img][/img]TIfnz39.jpg

My Programs folder:
    0zBDjfn.jpg
  • Options
    MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    That looks like somehow you've installed the Create a Sim Demo into a custom folder called 'Documents/Electronic Arts/' on your D drive which is a little odd. Normally the Demo is installed to 'Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/' so I guess you have set it up to install that way in the origin settings? Either that or you are using some kind of pirate version of the CAS Demo to avoid Origin? I have no idea.

The Windows created document folder is usually what you want and it is generally actually located at "C:\Users\<your_username>\Documents\ . Normally clicking the 'Documents' quick link in the right hand pan will also take you there via a 'virtual folder link' and list it as something like 'This PC-> Documents'.

• Options
    Hmm thanks guys! I did have to set up a custom path to get it to go to my D drive, looks like I did it wrong. I don't have any space on my C drive at all. I will keep trying!

Berry dear!
  • Options
    Ok so I reinstalled what should be in the right area....

hbGtC5y.png

But when I go into documents there is nothing there. Is this not the where it should be either? I am feeling like such a bumbling idiot here, I promise I know how to work a computer and CC. :(

VI2NVPe.png
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Look for the folder MyreMylar posted above C:\Users\<your_username>\MyDocuments\
    If it isn't there, check for it on your D drive.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input. Here's screenshots of both drives, showing empty:

zUH93it.png

Tjr92Y5.png
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Try doing a Search from the Start button, looking for a folder called Tray or SavedSimInfoData or files named localthumbcache or UserSetting, and see if anything comes up.
  • Options
    I got no results. I can't even get the game to launch anymore, it just times out and nothing happens. Hmm. I appreciate the help!
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited August 2014
    since you can't get the game to launch the folder wont generate. as with the sims 3 the folder generates after you run the program that is why we can delete the folder if we are having problems with sims 3 to generate a new folder.