Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow...the game looks highly disappointing!!

1235...Next

Comments

• CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    These Sims are so BIPOLAR, geez. I had a feeling it would be like that. They aren't even in an emotional state 5 mins before they are feeling some other kinda way. That may get annoying really quickly.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    There seems to be irony in this whole ordeal...<br />
    <br />
    So, everyone complains about bad coding, lack of emotions, and a rating of "bad game" was given to the Sims 4. Then, everyone praises Skyrim for how beautiful the game is, but fail to realize that the same problems that are plaguing the Sims 4 are also present in 2011's Game of the Year winner.<br />
    <br />
    Now, I'm not saying Skyrim was a bad game, but the Vanilla experience was just one thing: bland. The World was incredible, don't get me wrong, but I felt that several of Skyrim's most important aspects were very weak. Let's do some comparisons:<br />
    <br />
    First, Skyrim had bugs and Glitches galore! The base game was very buggy, some of which are game-breaking, and some of the glitches are horrible to look at. The Sims series in general is just as bad. Poor coding on the dev's part can cause some nasty bugs that few know how to correct except for expert modders. And guess what? Modders do the exact same thing for Skyrim!<br />
    <br />
    Second, the AI. The Sims series in general has HORRID AI, and the autonomy of many Sims is sometimes non-existent or unreliable. Skyrim suffers from a similar problem, with combat being he weakest part of the game. <br />
    <br />
    Finally, the modding. Both franchises have had a high modding capacity, but this also lifts the weight off of most developers. Games with a high modding capacity are often very bland without these mods in place. In Skyrim, the game only gets interesting if you MOD the game! The Sims is less reliant on mods, thankfully, but EA has been lazy when it comes to bug fixes, letting modders do the dirty work for the most part. This often leads the vanilla players in the dust, and ruins the game for them. <br />
    <br />
    Really, guys, there is so much irony in this topic. We hate on EA, refusing to see the work they HAVE done right, and also failing to look at some of the best games of the current generation and finding the flaws. I think people need to think a bit more and not jump on the band-wagon.

Yes and I would still take Skyrim and all its bugs over this butchered version of the sims. All these cuts for improvement, so tell me my way to play is gone for crummy walks and supposed fixed routing issues. So..where are these fixes again? TS3 still have glitches and bugs to this very day EA never fixed, and I am supposed to take their word TS4 will be a vast improvement.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    <br />
    So, everyone complains about bad coding, lack of emotions, and a rating of "bad game" was given to the Sims 4. Then, everyone praises Skyrim for how beautiful the game is, but fail to realize that the same problems that are plaguing the Sims 4 are also present in 2011's Game of the Year winner.<br />
    <br />
    Now, I'm not saying Skyrim was a bad game, but the Vanilla experience was just one thing: bland. The World was incredible, don't get me wrong, but I felt that several of Skyrim's most important aspects were very weak. Let's do some comparisons:<br />
    <br />
    First, Skyrim had bugs and Glitches galore! The base game was very buggy, some of which are game-breaking, and some of the glitches are horrible to look at. The Sims series in general is just as bad. Poor coding on the dev's part can cause some nasty bugs that few know how to correct except for expert modders. And guess what? Modders do the exact same thing for Skyrim!<br />
    <br />
    Second, the AI. The Sims series in general has HORRID AI, and the autonomy of many Sims is sometimes non-existent or unreliable. Skyrim suffers from a similar problem, with combat being he weakest part of the game. <br />
    <br />
    Finally, the modding. Both franchises have had a high modding capacity, but this also lifts the weight off of most developers. Games with a high modding capacity are often very bland without these mods in place. In Skyrim, the game only gets interesting if you MOD the game! The Sims is less reliant on mods, thankfully, but EA has been lazy when it comes to bug fixes, letting modders do the dirty work for the most part. This often leads the vanilla players in the dust, and ruins the game for them. <br />
    <br />
    Really, guys, there is so much irony in this topic. We hate on EA, refusing to see the work they HAVE done right, and also failing to look at some of the best games of the current generation and finding the flaws. I think people need to think a bit more and not jump on the band-wagon.

Yes and I would still take Skyrimand all its bugs over this butchered version of the sims. All these cuts for improvement, so tell me my way to play is gone for crummy walks and supposed fixed routing issues. So..where are these fixes again? TS3 still have glitches and bugs to this very day EA never fixed, and I am supposed to take their word TS4 will be a vast improvement.

A Skyrim like version of the Sims where you could have families and clans in a world like that but more sandbox would probably keep me from seeing daylight for awhile.

• InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

Yes and I would still take Skyrimand all its bugs over this butchered version of the sims. All these cuts for improvement, so tell me my way to play is gone for crummy walks and supposed fixed routing issues. So..where are these fixes again? TS3 still have glitches and bugs to this very day EA never fixed, and I am supposed to take their word TS4 will be a vast improvement.

A Skyrim like version of the Sims where you could have families and clans in a world like that but more sandbox would probably keep me from seeing daylight for awhile.

Now that would be something. :D
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    edited August 2014
    In TS3 Sims almost overreacted to fire. It was really difficult to get them to stop screaming and to attempt to extinguish the flames. Then they would only extinguish them for a short time before returning to panicking. This all while waiting for the firemen to arrive. I think that for TS4 the developers tried to make the reaction less intense. So, that your Sim could extinguish it or run away (without having the action cancelled to continue panicking about the fire). I think that they didn't find the nice place in the middle, where the Sim reacts, but can also rise to the occasion (or run away).

I don't know why the Sims didn't react to the death at all. I understand not being sad about a stranger's death, but they should have reacted to a death on the lot. If someone died in my kitchen I would be really upset, even if I didn't know him or her. A child should definitely be freaked out. It was strange that Sims reacted to the urn, but not to the act of death. I would think that the act of death would be more intense than the memory of a death you didn't care about in the first place.

These two things by themselves, are not important enough to me to affect my decision to purchase the game. They are just kind of unnatural. I think that emotions in the game are a lot more compartmentalized than simmers hoped. In some situations, emotions may work really well. In other situations, they might leave game play lacking. I don't think that "emotions" in the game can be viewed as a whole, but instead as separate things in different situations. These would be situations where emotions are lacking. Hopefully, it's not representative of the rest of the game.

They definitely did overreact, they did the same thing for home births as well. They act like the mother having a baby is a fire because they do the same interaction. I was cracking up at this video because the little girl and the Dad are screaming like they are burning to death but the mom is just having a baby. Skip to the 2:00 min mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CDGPzAnu8
  • LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    111302-Snow-White-evil-queen-laughing-cFPy.gif
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    deibreak wrote: »

They definitely did overreact, they did the same thing for home births as well. They act like the mother having a baby is a fire because they do the same interaction. I was cracking up at this video because the little girl and the Dad are screaming like they are burning to death but the mom is just having a baby. Skip to the 2:00 min mark.

:O holy....I am...speechless

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    [quote
    Zolt65 wrote: »

That was hilarious! I'm actually kinda sad they didn't do that in TS4. XD Ok, not really, cause after the 3rd or 4th time, it would drive me nuts.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    Zolt65 wrote: »

I guess I would scream as well if my mom popped out 3 burritos from her plum...
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member

man, i love that video. lol. that's actually the same vid that sold me on TS3 to start with. I love the intense overreactions. Just kills me.

@deibreak. btw. your Sim in your avatar.. is she in the gallery? She's gorgeous.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    In TS3 Sims almost overreacted to fire. It was really difficult to get them to stop screaming and to attempt to extinguish the flames. Then they would only extinguish them for a short time before returning to panicking. This all while waiting for the firemen to arrive. I think that for TS4 the developers tried to make the reaction less intense. So, that your Sim could extinguish it or run away (without having the action cancelled to continue panicking about the fire). I think that they didn't find the nice place in the middle, where the Sim reacts, but can also rise to the occasion (or run away).

I don't know why the Sims didn't react to the death at all. I understand not being sad about a stranger's death, but they should have reacted to a death on the lot. If someone died in my kitchen I would be really upset, even if I didn't know him or her. A child should definitely be freaked out. It was strange that Sims reacted to the urn, but not to the act of death. I would think that the act of death would be more intense than the memory of a death you didn't care about in the first place.

These two things by themselves, are not important enough to me to affect my decision to purchase the game. They are just kind of unnatural. I think that emotions in the game are a lot more compartmentalized than simmers hoped. In some situations, emotions may work really well. In other situations, they might leave game play lacking. I don't think that "emotions" in the game can be viewed as a whole, but instead as separate things in different situations. These would be situations where emotions are lacking. Hopefully, it's not representative of the rest of the game.

What amuses me even more is after that, the Sims in TS3 would act like nothing ever happened. Only the occasional idle animation would play. I was hoping TS4 Sims would at least be smarter and recognize and remember that event, but act more natural than TS3 Sims. Let's just hope that the emotionless baby births in TS4 are only a small glitch that rarely happens.

ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Wow, I have been a positive excited person for The Sims 4 and after seeing the chat today it has dwindled significantly!! The sims don't react to their surroundings at all and sadly are just as bad as Sims 3 sims or worse! When there was a fire they barely paid attention and even when someone was burning to death they acted like nothing was even happening!! Wow. Such disappointment. The emotions don't seem to do much either and remind me a lot of the Sims 3 system. I am just highly disappointed right now. :(

Sims are definitely not smarter.

• pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    In a bold new direction in EA's never ending quest to stamp out the scourge of digital piracy, the devs and engineers at EA have finally concocted the worlds greatest non-DRM/ DRM: make your game so terrible that even the pirates won't pirate it! It's brilliant in it's stupidity! You just have to imagine that Sims fans are the toilet and EA is the Sim "peeing like a champion", and then it all starts to make sense. Well done, EA/MAXIS!
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    joneswk wrote: »
    jude72pla wrote: »
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised that no one was crying when he died! Maybe they have to have a relationship with the person to cry over them

That would actually make sense. Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I normally don't get tore up over the deaths of people I don't know. Usually, at the most, it's a sort of "mango, that could have been me" sort of thing.

I agree with you, to have someone die where you work or live that something totally different emotions.

And let's not forget that people react to things differently. I have seen two people die, it wasn't unemotional, but in both cases there were people expressing their sorrow in different ways.

And now I kinda wish that they'd have funerals in the game. But... That would require cemeteries.

When I was around 10 years old, my sister and I came across a guy in the supermarket lying on the floor. He looked like he was turning blue and he was not conscious. Thankfully, because we found him then, he actually managed to survive. That was 30 years ago and I can still remember the man's face.

If you see someone die (or almost die), you definitely react to it.

• CraziiMikuCraziiMiku Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2014
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    These Sims are so BIPOLAR, geez. I had a feeling it would be like that. They aren't even in an emotional state 5 mins before they are feeling some other kinda way. That may get annoying really quickly.

I swear thatone of the gurus stated that the mood states wouldn't change so quickly, but on the broadcast that were switching in seconds!

Gr...

1401244250757.png
    edited August 2014

man, i love that video. lol. that's actually the same vid that sold me on TS3 to start with. I love the intense overreactions. Just kills me.

@deibreak. btw. your Sim in your avatar.. is she in the gallery? She's gorgeous.

@zombieghostgirl Thank you so much! I haven't put her on the gallery because she has cc clothes and hair but if you really like her I don't mind sharing :)
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    So with all the cuts made and these "emotional" sims not reacting to major events what are we purchasing exactly?
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    @zombieghostgirl Thank you so much! I haven't put her on the gallery because she has cc clothes and hair but if you really like her I don't mind sharing :)

I'd certainly make an exception for CC when it comes to her. ;) You did a great job. Should you ever upload her, I'd put her in my game. Thanks ya much. :D
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised that no one was crying when he died! Maybe they have to have a relationship with the person to cry over them

That would actually make sense. Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I normally don't get tore up over the deaths of people I don't know. Usually, at the most, it's a sort of "mango, that could have been me" sort of thing.

That is an interesting thought. And it makes sense. But, have we seen in any of the videos where a sim dies and his or her family was there to see it? How did they react? It's curious.

Here is a video of a sim dying and his wife is crying by simsvip.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWZMUnExsA
    See this is what I don't understand..how come the Sims cries in this when their husband dies, but it didn't in the livestream? A stronger relationship?

Nope she's trapped in the room with her husband and her attention is one him. Those are the differences. I think they react if they're actually focused on the sim. The two that were in the room while the sim was on fire were focused on putting the fire out. The other sim that wanted to clean and eat put the interaction a head of it. Then when they weren't focurs on something like bella and noticed the earn she reacted like she was sad. So i think it has 0 to do with the relationship and ore to do with the fact it's an incomplete system that needs some depth and work to it.
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    So with all the cuts made and these "emotional" sims not reacting to major events what are we purchasing exactly?

lol The right to buy more DLC later?

I flip between, it's not so bad and the feeling you get when a dog poops on your carpet "What is THIS?"
    Banners.jpg
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I am wondering if they are playing with free will off. Especially as they seem to have had problems knowing how to do things in the game.
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    I saw people walking around and doing their own things, so free will was on.
    Banners.jpg