Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow...the game looks highly disappointing!!

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    It's pitiful, really. The fact that anyone believed anything that comes out of EA's mouth, baffles me. EA has proven to be nothing but liars, and this just solidifies that. If they continue pulling this crap, then we can all say goodbye to The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited August 2014
    No wonder people didn't get review copies of the game...
    He/Him
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Larryad wrote: »
    Where are the emotions? No one reacted at all to the Sims death.

They were taken out do to being too hard to implement
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Breaking news! The Sims are gone too. Now, it's time for The Chairs 4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Chairs recently taken out because too many designs were needed simmers floored by the news .
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    joneswk wrote: »
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised that no one was crying when he died! Maybe they have to have a relationship with the person to cry over them

That would actually make sense. Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I normally don't get tore up over the deaths of people I don't know. Usually, at the most, it's a sort of "mango, that could have been me" sort of thing.
    So you'd nonchalantly step around the charred corpse in your kitchen? Heck, I'd be freaking out if some stranger came into my house and died in front of me, let alone someone who was at least an acquaintance. The emotions thing is a fib, that much is, so far, clear. Time will tell. Not holding out much hope when, presumably, their best offering (at this point) is this drab. Graphics do look nice, though.

wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    joneswk wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised that no one was crying when he died! Maybe they have to have a relationship with the person to cry over them

That would actually make sense. Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I normally don't get tore up over the deaths of people I don't know. Usually, at the most, it's a sort of "mango, that could have been me" sort of thing.
    So you'd nonchalantly step around the charred corpse in your kitchen? Heck, I'd be freaking out if some stranger came into my house and died in front of me, let alone someone who was at least an acquaintance. The emotions thing is a fib, that much is, so far, clear. Time will tell. Not holding out much hope when, presumably, their best offering (at this point) is this drab. Graphics do look nice, though.

Seriously, if I saw a dead body in my kitchen I would go crazy. Not be all like: "I'm hungry... Oh wait, what's that? Just a dead body. Okay let's see what's inside the fridge." Ridiculous.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    KandyceKandyce Posts: 74 Member
    My four year old niece is on her 5th goldfish and still has more of a reaction when they die. I can't imagine her just walking by the floater and grabbing some cereal. Floaters gonna float yo.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2014

Chairs recently taken out because too many designs were needed simmers floored by the news .

Now it's 'The Dust 4' nothing. :wink:

ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited August 2014
    Kandyce wrote: »
    My four year old niece is on her 5th goldfish and still has more of a reaction when they die. I can't imagine her just walking by the floater and grabbing some cereal. Floaters gonna float yo.

But it's different! That's a fish! The fish deserves to be mourned! It's not the same as a sim! /sarcasm
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    knazzer wrote: »

Relationship or not having someone burn to death in your house is traumatic enough :D

Especially when the scorch marks stay forever! No wonder the maid left never to be seen again! :D
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    so is your avatar.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    But it's different! That's a fish! The fish deserves to be mourned! It's not the same as a sim! /sarcasm

Yes, quite - but I'm not sure other (pre-TS4) sims would see it that way..
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2014
    Anyone remember this Sims 2 trailer. www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    Post edited by Ryck on
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Seriously, this game looks worse then the Sims 3 ever dreamed of being. At least those sims, while stupid, don't play musical chairs, and react to labor or people burning to death in front of them. The amount of bugs in a one hour LP was disgusting. At least I can play 3 for a few hours before it starts acting stupid. surprised-041.gif
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Seriously, this game looks worse then the Sims 3 ever dreamed of being. At least those sims, while stupid, don't play musical chairs, and react to labor or people burning to death in front of them. The amount of bugs in a one hour LP was disgusting. At least I can play 3 for a few hours before it starts acting stupid. surprised-041.gif

Never in my life did I imagine this was going to happen... not to my favorite (and only) video game franchise. This can't be true, I'm dreaming. Someone pinch me so I can wake up of my misery.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Never in my life did I imagine this was going to happen... not to my favorite (and only) video game franchise. This can't be true, I'm dreaming. Someone pinch me so I can wake up of my misery.

* Hits Bobyo2001 over head with hot cast iron skillet * Did that do the trick ?
  • Options

I never thought of this happening either. I never thought it was possible. No way could a sims game be so bad that I would want nothing to do with it. It's not a dream, it's a nightmare! It's the worse nightmare I have ever had. surprised-041.gif
  • Options

* Hits Bobyo2001 over head with hot cast iron skillet * Did that do the trick ?

Yes, thank you. Now bury me with all my TS2 and TS3 cd's.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I'm not gonna treat this game seriously compared to Sims 3
  • Options
    LucusSimmsLucusSimms Posts: 108 Member
    That's it! I'm sticking with TS2 UC. I don't care how retro it is, or how outdated the graphics are, that has everything I'll need and more. Plus it was free, so HA TO YOU EA! To those still buying this turkey: good luck (you'll need it).
    "Knowledge is Power."
    "Walk softly and carry a big gun."
    "Never Compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Ryck wrote: »
    Anyone remember this Sims 2 trailer. I miss the personality already. www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

The TS2 trailer was maybe the biggest misrepresentation of a video game I've ever seen.

In other games you knew the trailer wasn't the game, in TS2 they made it look like that was going to be the game.

• Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    I agree, I haven't seen much with emotions yet.
  • Options
    LucusSimms wrote: »
    That's it! I'm sticking with TS2 UC. I don't care how retro it is, or how outdated the graphics are, that has everything I'll need and more. Plus it was free, so HA TO YOU EA! To those still buying this turkey: good luck (you'll need it).

Agreed. I have been playing Sims 2 more then any other game. It may be old, but it is still the best! number-one-043.gif