Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Datamining

Comments

• dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    > @a_niles06 said:
    > dreita95 wrote: »
    >
    > Will the game run on my computer? My graphic card is ---> Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have the same as my internal graphics, but I also have an additional NVIDIA high performance card - you may as well. Either way, the one you have is supported but it's best on low settings. But you can play with it, at least! Might be worth looking into to see if you have a second card, though.

How do I look for a second card?
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Mine says cardLevelLowMedium resolutionLowMedium. Does that mean I can choose between Low and Medium for my settings?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @EAfan99, I think it means your card falls somewhere between cards that should be on Low and those that should be on medium. Maybe there is a specific setting between the two that will be optimal for you.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @EAfan99, I think it means your card falls somewhere between cards that should be on Low and those that should be on medium. Maybe there is a specific setting between the two that will be optimal for you.

Ok that's what I was thinking. I know the demo isn't much to go off of but I cannot remember my default settings I think they were low but I made all of my settings medium just to see and it worked fine small amount of lag but no where near as much as TS3.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • LokiLoki Posts: 17 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    03_zps4dc339bf.png

I suppose this could be an indication that they are at least working on the development of features like pools.... I wouldn't be the first time they have patched in new features without needing to buy an expansion pack.
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    dreita95 wrote: »
    Will the game run on my computer? My graphic card is ---> Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

I have the same as my internal graphics, but I also have an additional NVIDIA high performance card - you may as well. Either way, the one you have is supported but it's best on low settings. But you can play with it, at least! Might be worth looking into to see if you have a second card, though.

I actually have Intel Graphics HD 3000 and at first I didn't really see it anywhere but I did some research and it turns out that the HD graphics are all in these categories or "series" depending on when they will released. Mine was during the Sandy Bridge series and looking up on yours, it should be the Haswell series. I can't remember what settings your graphics card was on but the should generally be the same. Oh and if your using a laptop make sure it says "Mobile" and if it's not then "Desktop"
    1FKDfKj.png
  • dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2014
    @EAfan99 I checked and this is what I found -->card 0x0D16 "4th Gen Intel(R) Core processor graphics HD 4600 - Mobile Haswell - ULT GT2" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionMedium <-- I don't even know if thats right.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • MarlonVMarlonV Posts: 17 Member
    Mobile HD 4600 @ Medium resolution. Yay... :|
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    "testingcheatsenabled true/false" has been changed to "testingcheats true/false"

I do have a Thread on here with ALL THE CHEATS....
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    I have a AMD radeon 7750 so, High settings to UBER :smile:
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    pc452000 wrote: »
    "testingcheatsenabled true/false" has been changed to "testingcheats true/false"

I do have a Thread on here with ALL THE CHEATS....

I made this post like right after they released the preload. I was just pulling out any info I saw that was new or interesting.

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I have a AMD radeon HD 7900 series. I can't find it on the list. Will my computer run the game?
  • Sapphire_Sim16Sapphire_Sim16 Posts: 127 Member
    I have Intel(R) HD graphics Core i3. Which Intel do I fall under?
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    How do I check my graphics card?
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member

I have a AMD radeon HD 7900 series. I can't find it on the list. Will my computer run the game?

your card is listed in her first cluster, and its uber

WznfzGr.gif
  • Sapphire_Sim16Sapphire_Sim16 Posts: 127 Member

Click on start. Type in run. Type dxdiag into run. Click on display :)
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    dreita95 wrote: »
    How do I look for a second card?

There are a couple of ways but the easiest (on Windows 8 anyway) is probably to go to PC Info and then click Device Manager on the left hand side. When in the Device Manager, click the down arrow next to Display Adapters and if you have a second one it should be listed in there. If you need a more detailed explanation of how to get there, don't hesitate to ask :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

didn't work.

couple of ways you can check it, the easiest is probably to follow what it says on the official windows faq regarding the question, assuming you have a more recent version of windows.

Another (probably better) way is to push the start/windows button and type "dxdiag.exe" in the little search box there. Then from the diagnostic tool that launches after you do that select the "Display" tab and read what it says.

It's not showing.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Oh good, my card is listed as "High"! I have been freaking out all week thinking I'll need to spend $500 or something because replacing laptop hardware is far too expensive.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2014
    Found mine low medium just glad my graphics card is supported will try playing on medium
    edited August 2014
    It's not showing.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you still cannot find what your card actually is, or that you found it using one of the methods we listed above, but now you cannot find it in the list here on the forums?
  • SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Yay, mine is high. I think. Well that's good to know. Thanks for posting this!
  • gasolinebunnygasolinebunny Posts: 270 Member
    Apparently, my card level is Medium and my resolution is Low.
    card 0x9808 "AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics" $cardLevelMedium $resolutionLow
    That's odd, considering my CAS Demo is at its Ultra settings and works like a charm.