Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Datamining

Comments

• Options
    TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member
    Sorry guys for all the hassle, thanks for putting up with me XD This confused me though
    tumblr_nb307zFW8c1tdkc1to1_500.png

Okay. Yea your graphics card is one of the "unsupported" ones. So you may be able to run it on low...but probably not higher than that.
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Glic2003 wrote: »
    > @Billycraignotley said:<br />
    > My graphics card: SimFanatic00<br />
    > <br />
    > Name: Intel (R) HD Graphics<br />
    > Manufacturer: Intel corporation<br />
    > Chip type: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family<br />
    > DAC type: Internal<br />
    > Device type: Full display device<br />
    > Approx. total memory: 1664 MB<br />
    > Current Display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)<br />
    > Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor<br />
    <br />
    I have this too, but further in the dxdiag report it says I have a Nvidia Geforce 310M, do you have another or just that?

No? Can you run the game because if you can I'll assume I can

Have you tried running the demo? That might give you a hint as to whether or not the full game works.

Yea, I can run the demo on Ultra no lag, Runs smoothly
  • Options
    DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member
    My video card ended up being medium, which is about what I expected. Be just fine while I finish building my new machine (ETC: Early October)
    Carthago delenda est
  • Options
    TMarie wrote: »
    Sorry guys for all the hassle, thanks for putting up with me XD This confused me though

Okay. Yea your graphics card is one of the "unsupported" ones. So you may be able to run it on low...but probably not higher than that.

And your CPU is 2 years old...and from what I can tell your computer was not meant for gaming.

• Options

See but I'm not sure because I have 2 CPU's and it only registered 1 Hoping it might increase my chances
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Just try it and see. That's the best you can do. You might want to wait a week or so, though.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Trying to look through the package files, but nothing much to see at the moment. I'm kind of afraid that I'm going to corrupt something.
    I did the same thing because I don't know what I'm doing. Should I double-click this to see what happens? XD ETA: Never done any modding on the Sims so I'm not gonna mess with anything yet.

You have to use a program called S4PE. If you don't know how, this is not the way to learn. Stay away or you're likely to break something. I'm pretty experienced and I often break many things still. LOL

Yeah, I haven't messed around with it before. I think you have to use it for CC, right? Meh, I've used a couple of mods on Mass Effect 3 and unpacked it once to boost some assets because when they first released it you had to play MP to get better war assets. But I've never really messed with Sims mods. I might do it for TS4 but only after someone else has done it and can give me instructions. :p
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I
    @SimFanatic00 I also Have 2 1.50 CPU cards so it's possible i have 2

It's weird that it just says Intel (R) HD Graphics. My desktop has an NVIDIA GTX 660 and my laptop is an Intel HD Graphics 4400. But if your's came with Windows 8 then its possible that is has an Intel HD Graphics in the 4000 series. What is the make and model of the computer? I can do some searching and get back to ya.

It's a Sony VAIO, Windows 8.1, 64 bit, (6.3, build 9600) System model SVF1521A1EW

That model has an option for the AMD Radeon HD 7550M discrete GPU, which would help you a lot if you have the option (costs extra). It doesn't look like you do though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

See but I'm not sure because I have 2 CPU's and it only registered 1 Hoping it might increase my chances

you can always give it a shot. I'm no expert after all.

• Options
    Just found out I have an E series Laptop
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member

OK so your cpu is a dual core 1.5ghz processor. As for the GPU it's either a 3000 or 2000 Intel Graphics GPU and the (R) is only stands for Registered Trademark.
  • Options
    So much for it working on Older Pc's
  • Options

OK so your cpu is a dual core 1.5ghz processor. As for the GPU it's either a 3000 or 2000 Intel Graphics GPU and the (R) is only stands for Registered Trademark.

So is that good or bad? I'm assuming bad
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member

So is that good or bad? I'm assuming bad

I would say bad, I doubt your laptop could run it. The minimum is a 1.8ghz.
  • Options
    joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    Curses! None of this will run on my Apple IIe!

Oh well, there's always the Oregon trail.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well there are older PCs and then there are older gaming PCs. Plus your's is a laptop...laptops tend to not be the first choice for gaming though the technology has improved and there are some pretty awesome gaming laptops these days.

• Options
    joneswk wrote: »
    Curses! None of this will run on my Apple IIe!

Oh well, there's always the Oregon trail.

Just don't die of dysentery!

• Options
    Maybe its time to save up and sell some bits
  • Options
    NimbleNimble Posts: 33 Member
    Yay! "GeForce GTX 660M" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh, I bought a gaming laptop just so I could runs Sims, but I was still nervous :)
  • Options
    Any good laptop suggestions?
  • Options
    NimbleNimble Posts: 33 Member
    I have an ASUS & I love it. Unfortunately I'm not very tech savvy, so I relied on my husband to help me find a laptop that met my needs.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Does it have to be a laptop? You could keep your current laptop for any on-the-go requirements and use a desktop for gaming. You'd get a much better desktop for what you would pay for a decent laptop.
  • Options
    I'll wait till i get the game to see if it doesn't work i think it's time to upgrade
  • Options
    Does it have to be a laptop? You could keep your current laptop for any on-the-go requirements and use a desktop for gaming. You'd get a much better desktop for what you would pay for a decent laptop.

Preferably I don't have much space for a PC