Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Datamining

Comments

• Options
    hereforthesimshereforthesims Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks for all of the information!

My card is cardLevelMedium $resolutionHigh - sounds good enough for me! :) I can play on high and switch to uber just for screenshots.
    thorne_zps21f5e8b2.jpg
    ll The Thorne Legacy ll Violet Thorne ll Founder ll
  • Options
    xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    xHareHarex wrote: »
    Yeah, I found it. It runs on medium. AMD Radeon HD 6310. But like, the dude from the shop told me "OH IT'S A GREAT CARD, RUNS GAMES ON HIGH, IT'S PRETTY GOOD."

Dudes in the shop are usually either 1. clueless, or 2. Lieing through their teeth to sell the products they want to get moving off their shelf.

Mostly the former.

I regularly "correct" the people working at Best Buy, Fryes Electronics, and my local gaming store when I'm there and hear them giving advice to non-tech-savvy gamers. It is very annoying to me because I hold them as being mostly responsible for why so few game developers don't push the envelope these days.

I never thought my graphics card would be "medium". He said "Toshiba computers have the best graphic cards in the market. So don't be afraid it won't run well." (My mom only buys Toshiba computers, idk, she's like that)
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    TMarie wrote: »
    Anyone know if Intel (R) HD Graphics are any good

It is not good at all. Very bad for gaming. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

We'd need more details to say if that means "not playable" or just "not great performance" though.

Disappointing considering this PC is brand new and came with windows 8

Maybe you are confusing your processor and your card? I have an Intel (R) Core i7-4770K CPU but I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 card. You may just be confusing the two pieces of hardware.

I think you may be right But I can't find out the NVIDIA bit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Yeah, I found it. It runs on medium. AMD Radeon HD 6310. But like, the dude from the shop told me "OH IT'S A GREAT CARD, RUNS GAMES ON HIGH, IT'S PRETTY GOOD."

Dudes in the shop are usually either 1. clueless, or 2. Lieing through their teeth to sell the products they want to get moving off their shelf.

Mostly the former.

Oh man.

"What game you playing lately?"
    "X-Com"
    "Oh, perhaps you'd like to try Starcraft 2?"
    "That game is 4 years old. Also, it's not really even the same genre."
    <silence>
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    JadeeMelissaaJadeeMelissaa Posts: 40 New Member
    > @Billycraignotley said:
    > My graphics card: SimFanatic00
    >
    > Name: Intel (R) HD Graphics
    > Manufacturer: Intel corporation
    > Chip type: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family
    > DAC type: Internal
    > Device type: Full display device
    > Approx. total memory: 1664 MB
    > Current Display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    > Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

I have this too, but further in the dxdiag report it says I have a Nvidia Geforce 310M, do you have another or just that?
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    card 0x0FD3 "GeForce GT 640M LE" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionMedium

What's the difference between cardLevel and resolution?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Trying to look through the package files, but nothing much to see at the moment. I'm kind of afraid that I'm going to corrupt something.
  • Options
    SongBird2384SongBird2384 Posts: 27 Member
    I played a game recently (Sims Medieval maybe?) where it said my GFx card wasn't supported. The game still ran, but on high graphics it would freeze up a lot and i'd have to hardboot. Once I lowered the graphics to...medium I think then everything was fine. I have a GeForce GTX 550. That file says mine will run on High.
  • Options
    xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    Glic2003 wrote: »

Mostly the former.

Oh man.

"What game you playing lately?"
    "X-Com"
    "Oh, perhaps you'd like to try Starcraft 2?"
    "That game is 4 years old. Also, it's not really even the same genre."
    <silence>

I had this dude from a shop (that I don't frequent anymore) that sold me a broken game. Like, IT WAS SHATTERED and then blamed me.
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    I
    @SimFanatic00 I also Have 2 1.50 CPU cards so it's possible i have 2

It's weird that it just says Intel (R) HD Graphics. My desktop has an NVIDIA GTX 660 and my laptop is an Intel HD Graphics 4400. But if your's came with Windows 8 then its possible that is has an Intel HD Graphics in the 4000 series. What is the make and model of the computer? I can do some searching and get back to ya.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Trying to look through the package files, but nothing much to see at the moment. I'm kind of afraid that I'm going to corrupt something.
    I did the same thing because I don't know what I'm doing. Should I double-click this to see what happens? XD ETA: Never done any modding on the Sims so I'm not gonna mess with anything yet.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    @Billycraignotley What's the CPU? I'm pretty sure determining the integrated graphics is possible from knowing what Intel CPU it is.

I have two 1.5 CPU's They're both CPU 987
  • Options
    If a card is "unsupported", it MIGHT still work. But there could be some issues.

Remember TS3 Pets when people started having weird-looking animals? They had "unsupported" graphics cards.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    > @Billycraignotley said:<br />
    > My graphics card: SimFanatic00<br />
    > <br />
    > Name: Intel (R) HD Graphics<br />
    > Manufacturer: Intel corporation<br />
    > Chip type: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family<br />
    > DAC type: Internal<br />
    > Device type: Full display device<br />
    > Approx. total memory: 1664 MB<br />
    > Current Display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)<br />
    > Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor<br />
    <br />
    I have this too, but further in the dxdiag report it says I have a Nvidia Geforce 310M, do you have another or just that?

No? Can you run the game because if you can I'll assume I can
  • Options
    PurpleM00n wrote: »

The card level is for performance and the resolution is how many pixels that can be displayed on your monitor.
  • Options
    Can anyone see the Nvidia Geforce 310M listed there? I can only see Geforce G 310M :/
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I did the same thing because I don't know what I'm doing. Should I double-click this to see what happens? XD ETA: Never done any modding on the Sims so I'm not gonna mess with anything yet.

You have to use a program called S4PE. If you don't know how, this is not the way to learn. Stay away or you're likely to break something. I'm pretty experienced and I often break many things still. LOL
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member

The card level is for performance and the resolution is how many pixels that can be displayed on your monitor.

Thank you for answering and also thank you for posting all the infos here :)
  • Options
    I
    @SimFanatic00 I also Have 2 1.50 CPU cards so it's possible i have 2

It's weird that it just says Intel (R) HD Graphics. My desktop has an NVIDIA GTX 660 and my laptop is an Intel HD Graphics 4400. But if your's came with Windows 8 then its possible that is has an Intel HD Graphics in the 4000 series. What is the make and model of the computer? I can do some searching and get back to ya.

It's a Sony VAIO, Windows 8.1, 64 bit, (6.3, build 9600) System model SVF1521A1EW
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member

I believe resolution is the size of your screen and the amount of detail images hold. The higher the better.

Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Options
    > @Billycraignotley said:
    > JadeeMelissaa wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No? Can you run the game because if you can I'll assume I can

I had some problems with TS3, I'm trying to work out if it will run better on TS4 or not, but I will let you know
  • Options
    Alright everyone...I'm off to run some errands. If you find anything...even anything posted on other forums, post it here so we can all see and have the data in one place.
  • Options
    > @Billycraignotley said:<br />
    > My graphics card: SimFanatic00<br />
    > <br />
    > Name: Intel (R) HD Graphics<br />
    > Manufacturer: Intel corporation<br />
    > Chip type: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family<br />
    > DAC type: Internal<br />
    > Device type: Full display device<br />
    > Approx. total memory: 1664 MB<br />
    > Current Display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)<br />
    > Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor<br />
    <br />

No? Can you run the game because if you can I'll assume I can

Have you tried running the demo? That might give you a hint as to whether or not the full game works.
    simsig_willwright.gif

-Honeywell
  • Options
    Sorry guys for all the hassle, thanks for putting up with me XD This confused me though
    tumblr_nb307zFW8c1tdkc1to1_500.png