Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• Options
    harrysglitterynipsharrysglitterynips Posts: 11 New Member
    I am so glad I have found such a helpful resource who doesn't get annoyed with me ( you might be annoyed but don't show it haha ). So okay if I was looking for a desktop that had a NIVIDIA video card would you recommend a GT 750 or higher? AND I can't promise you that this would be my last question. Thanks.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2016
    @harrysglitterynips The computer I posted is all new gen hardware on the AMD. The 700 series Nvidia cards are older hardware now. So is the AMD 4000 FX series on processor. If you were going for Nvidia I would be looking at 900 or 1000 series but your talking more money. I personally prefer Nvidia/intel over AMD but intel/nvidia more expensive

If you can up your budget a little I would go for this . It does have an i5 not an i7 and has a GTX 950 https://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Phantom-Gamer-WA501i-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Skylake-Core-i7-6600K-Quad-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home-Monito/52130981#about-item

If buying a new computer it should have new gen hardware. Spending money on outdated hardware is not a good idea. You may in the end have to upgrade sooner since tech is moving so fast
  • Options
    I just might consider uping my budget a bit but I would have to think it over a bit more. Thank you for all your help I appreciate that you take time to help me. :smiley:
  • Options
    your very welcome
  • Options
    MagickRedMagickRed Posts: 23 Member
    Maxbjr12 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:<br />
    > Maxbjr12 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > The error message I'm getting is that This video card is not supported by Sims4. Followed by a long error code number.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Sounds like the game is trying to run with the integrated card, not the Nvidia card. There's a topic here somewhere about how to fix that.<br />
    <br />
    This ^ worked! thank you.
    Yup the gtx 765M runs perfect.. just have to set it up in NVidia control panel :)

Anyone know to set it up in the Nvidia Control Panel?? I have this card too but dunno what to do. Help please
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    MagickRed wrote: »
    Maxbjr12 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:<br />
    > Maxbjr12 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > The error message I'm getting is that This video card is not supported by Sims4. Followed by a long error code number.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Sounds like the game is trying to run with the integrated card, not the Nvidia card. There's a topic here somewhere about how to fix that.<br />
    <br />
    This ^ worked! thank you.
    Yup the gtx 765M runs perfect.. just have to set it up in NVidia control panel :)

Anyone know to set it up in the Nvidia Control Panel?? I have this card too but dunno what to do. Help please

Hello @MagickRed
    This is a link to a thread that gives information on how to do that
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13
    Quick Question, Is the AMD FX-6300 a good enough processor?
  • Options
    @harrysglitterynips 8000 8 core would be better and newer than that 6 core processor. If your buying a new computer you should buy newer hardware. AMD also heats up more. You want to make sure you have a good cpu cooler and not stock
  • Options
    CardonCardon Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a brand new RX 480, with updated drivers and origin in game is disabled, the game still says my gpu is unsupported....
  • Options
    Cardon wrote: »
    I have a brand new RX 480, with updated drivers and origin in game is disabled, the game still says my gpu is unsupported....

It's a new card and EA may have not added it to the in game list of supported cards yet. This thread was made by a player not EA. I would ignore the notice as long as the game will play fine
  • Options
    MemoNemoMahaMemoNemoMaha Posts: 36 New Member
    i have a question! IM going to buy an hp pavilion laptop and i was wondering will it play sims 4 ultra settings no lag (i have tons of cc) this is the specs:
    Intel core i7-7500u (2.7ghz up to 3.5 ghz)
    8GB
    1TB 5400 RPM SATA
    Intel® HD Graphics 620
  • Options
    i have a question! IM going to buy an hp pavilion laptop and i was wondering will it play sims 4 ultra settings no lag (i have tons of cc) this is the specs:
    8GB
    1TB 5400 RPM SATA
    Intel® HD Graphics 620

That laptop does not meet requirements. It might run the game on low and probably won't survive the game as the game keeps adding more and more. Eventually it wont run the game at all. You need a mid range gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop . Desktops to run this game $600-700 and up . Laptops $800-900 and up. You need a computer designed for gaming. That hp computer is only good for browsing the web and light computer tasks
  • Options
    MomolovesimsMomolovesims Posts: 2 New Member
    8GB
    1TB 5400 RPM SATA
    Intel® HD Graphics 620

That laptop does not meet requirements. It might run the game on low and probably won't survive the game as the game keeps adding more and more. Eventually it wont run the game at all. You need a mid range gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop . Desktops to run this game $600-700 and up . Laptops $800-900 and up. You need a computer designed for gaming. That hp computer is only good for browsing the web and light computer tasks
    I need any laptop that will rub ultra settings not more then 600 dollars
  • Options
    8GB
    1TB 5400 RPM SATA
    Intel® HD Graphics 620

I need any laptop that will rub ultra settings not more then 600 dollars

Im sorry but there is no way you will find a laptop to run this game on ultra for $600. There is no way you will find a laptop to run and survive this game for $600. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. This game requires a med level gaming desktop to run this game. You need a higher end gaming laptop to equal a mid range gaming desktop. Unlike desktop you can not upgrade laptop hardware. You are stuck with the specs you buy. You buy an underpowerd laptop it may not survive the game. You will then be stuck with a laptop that won't run the game and a game you can't play. Gaming laptops are also more expensive than desktop because they are small and compact. You will pay the price for it. To play on ultra though the entire game as it adds more and more your looking at $1000 and up for a laptop. Desktop $700 and up. Desktop is the best for gaming. Its more powerful, cheaper and can be upgraded unlike a laptop. I do not advise buying a laptop for gaming unless you absolutely need a laptop.

This is the cheapest I would go if you want to play on ultra. I would also suggest buying a monitor on amazon rather than best buy. You will find monitors on amazon a lot cheaper

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-black-edition-series-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-480-1tb-hard-drive-black/5615010.p?skuId=5615010

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS228H-P-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1484437198&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+monitor

Desktops also don't come with wifi. You would have to buy a USB wifi adapter in addition to above.

This is the cheapest I would go on laptop $849 though I can't guarantee you will be able to play on ultra as the game adds more and more. https://www.amazon.com/K501UW-AB78-15-6-inch-Full-HD-Gaming-Glacier/dp/B01DT49XN8/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1484386882&sr=8-12&keywords=gtx+960m
  • Options
    CardonCardon Posts: 5 New Member

It's a new card and EA may have not added it to the in game list of supported cards yet. This thread was made by a player not EA. I would ignore the notice as long as the game will play fine

That's the problem. The game doesn't even launch, it says "The game cannot be launched with the graphics card in your system." :/ Do I wait for an update?
  • Options

That's the problem. The game doesn't even launch, it says "The game cannot be launched with the graphics card in your system." :/ Do I wait for an update?

Thats odd. You should not have to wait for an update. I have not seen this issue before. What CPU do you have? Does your CPU have an integrated intel card plus your 480? If you have dual cards that could be your issue. The game will try to run on intel not AMD. You would have to get the game to accept the AMD card.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Odd, My Dell Inspiron laptop runs the Sims 4 with no problem, and I got it at walmart for 500 to 700 dollars.
  • Options
    Odd, My Dell Inspiron laptop runs the Sims 4 with no problem, and I got it at walmart for 500 to 700 dollars.

Depends on the specs of your computer. Many overcharge for low end specs. They make many different computers with different hardware for different needs. You also cant upgrade a laptop. Your stuck with the specs you buy. I don't know what your specs are but if they are lower end your laptop might not survive the game as it adds more and more. We always advise buying a laptop that has specs that meet recommended requirements since you can't upgrade the laptop.We have already seen many people with laptops that can no longer run this game and we have to tell them to buy a new computer. That's the way sims games work the more you add, the more demanding it will become to your computer. I have seen just a patch added do a computer in to where the game will no longer play. Same thing happened with the sims 3.

If you have a low end laptop gaming on it could damage it. This is something worth reading http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car
  • Options
    Can not buy Desk tops here, only lap tops in stores where I live, :)
  • Options

I don't know where you live but Im assuming USA or Canada. I think they have Walmart there. I live in a town that only has Walmart. I bought my custom desktop on line and my gaming laptop. If you live in Canada their computers are a lot more expensive than the USA
  • Options

I don't know where you live but Im assuming USA or Canada. I think they have Walmart there. I live in a town that only has Walmart. I bought my custom desktop on line and my gaming laptop. If you live in Canada their computers are a lot more expensive than the USA

I Live in USA , and bought My Laptop from Walmart, I made sure to get a laptop that had all I needed to play the sims 4 among my many other games I play on it, :)
  • Options

I Live in USA , and bought My Laptop from Walmart, I made sure to get a laptop that had all I needed to play the sims 4 among my many other games I play on it, :)

Hardware changes , prices change. The average price of a laptop to survive this game is $800-900 and up at the moment. Sometimes you can get good sales depending on the time of the year. If you buy old stock when they are stocking new. The way Walmart is currently they change way too much for the specs required for this game on laptop. Desktop prices are much better. If people come in the forum and ask for a laptop or desktop we shop around for the best specs at the best price at that time. They are always coming out with new hardware and what is available now may not be available later.
  • Options

Hardware changes , prices change. The average price of a laptop to survive this game is $800-900 and up at the moment. Sometimes you can get good sales depending on the time of the year. If you buy old stock when they are stocking new. The way Walmart is currently they change way too much for the specs required for this game on laptop. Desktop prices are much better. If people come in the forum and ask for a laptop or desktop we shop around for the best specs at the best price at that time. They are always coming out with new hardware and what is available now may not be available later.

Yup true, that is why I am so happy I got My Laptop when I did, it runs Everything I play perfectly, :)
  • Options

Yup true, that is why I am so happy I got My Laptop when I did, it runs Everything I play perfectly, :)

There ya go you got lucky. More people should have came in and asked for computers this past back Friday. They were having a lot of good deals on leftover hardware. A lot of the leftover hardware is gone now and hard to find. The newer hardware is more expensive.
  • Options

There ya go you got lucky. More people should have came in and asked for computers this past back Friday. They were having a lot of good deals on leftover hardware. A lot of the leftover hardware is gone now and hard to find. The newer hardware is more expensive.

I am glad that others were able to get what is needed then, have a good day or evening, I am off to My game or My happy place to unwind, waves.