March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• ellerox11ellerox11 Posts: 10 New Member
    How is it that i have a NVIDIA GT 630 and would "probably" The Sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings and i can play the sims 3 perfectly fine on highest setting and a HQ mod?
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Suggestion: Put the "Key" section on the top so that people know what the color coding means before reading through.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    lorzusa wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have AMD Radeon HD 7600M and Intel HD Graphics 4000.<br />
    They're not listed. <br />
    How will the Sims 4 run on my laptop? <br />
    I would also suggest investing in a laptop cooling pad to prevent overheating.

Actually, the fans from these cooling pads only help very slightly. Using the laptop while it's on an elevated breathable surface (note I didn't mention fans), a cooler room and with a laptop that has a good venting system is a better solution. Laptops in general don't have a good cooling system... :P
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited September 2014
    JRon7667 wrote: »
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260. Display Memory: 4069 MB... Dedicated Memory: 869 MB... Shared Memory: 3199 MB<br />
    <br />
    I am hoping it will work!
    joop123 wrote: »
    AMD radeon HD 6450/7450 should be on there in orange :)
    Of course I have AMD Radeon HD 7450. *grumble* Looks like I will be shopping for a new card. *sigh*

Please be patient - I am updating the list! I think all three of those cards will handle The Sims 4, but I haven't added them to the list as I haven't reached that section yet.

If anyone else does not see their card on the list, check back in the next few days, and if it still isn't there, then reply to this thread and I will help you.
    ellerox11 wrote: »
    How is it that i have a NVIDIA GT 630 and would "probably" The Sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings and i can play the sims 3 perfectly fine on highest setting and a HQ mod?

The Sims 4 is potentially going to be more taxing on people's systems at higher settings. This is still to be confirmed.
    RazorXv2 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Put the "Key" section on the top so that people know what the color coding means before reading through.

That's a really good idea! Thanks :D

Remember guys, this is a work in progress. Your patience is greatly appreciated :)

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited September 2014
    Of course I have AMD Radeon HD 7450. *grumble* Looks like I will be shopping for a new card. *sigh*

dont worry :) the AMD radeon hd 7450 plays the sims 3 on ultra with smooth game play :) and sims 4 cas demo with great performance on the highest settings :)
    Post edited by joop123 on
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• ellerox11ellerox11 Posts: 10 New Member
    > The Sims 4 is potentially going to be more taxing on people's systems at higher settings. This is still to be confirmed.
  • JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    I am with you on that- It boggles my mind that an expensive high-end gaming system that I bought for S3 is below recommended specs and can only run the game on low to medium settings. Just impossible for me to believe that. lol
  • lorzusalorzusa Posts: 25 New Member
    > @CodySimstein said:
    > lorzusa wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone, I have AMD Radeon HD 7600M and Intel HD Graphics 4000.

> They're not listed.

> How will the Sims 4 run on my laptop?

> Thanks
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    > The list is going to be updated in the next few days, so you may not see all the supported cards listed on here yet. I would expect you can play the base game at medium settings, however this could go to low-medium as EPs and SPs are added. I would also suggest investing in a laptop cooling pad to prevent overheating.
    > I hope this helps,
    > Cody

Ok thanks Cody :)
    I am with you on that- It boggles my mind that an expensive high-end gaming system that I bought for S3 is below recommended specs and can only run the game on low to medium settings. Just impossible for me to believe that. lol

The Sims 3 isn't a good game platform to test out your rig as it is has an extremely poorly built game engine.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    My card is below the recommended gtx 650, but it's in the black on this list, so I'm hopeful. :)
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg

Actually, the fans from these cooling pads only help very slightly. Using the laptop while it's on an elevated breathable surface (note I didn't mention fans), a cooler room and with a laptop that has a good venting system is a better solution. Laptops in general don't have a good cooling system... :P

No, I agree that this would be a better way to keep the laptop cool. However, if you are wanting to play The Sims 4 in the summer, then the room may not always be that cool. It seems only the higher-end laptops, often the ones designed for gaming, seem to have relatively good cooling systems, but they are extremely expensive for just The Sims 4. So seeing as those conditions are hard to always replicate, a laptop cooling pad does a relatively good job to keep the laptop cooler - the wind chill factor allows more heat to be conducted out of the laptop housing, and a laptop cooling system provided with cooler air will be able to remove heat more easily.

Overall, if you want a quiet and cool system, a desktop is a better option.

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've got an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (laptop) and the Demo runs fine on the highest settings! Please, check if it can perfectly run the game and add it in the list... Thanks! :)
    I've got an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (laptop) and the Demo runs fine on the highest settings! Please, check if it can perfectly run the game and add it in the list... Thanks! :)

Well I haven't seen official support for that particular graphics card yet, but I will add it to the list based on your suggestion (and based on the relative performance of it compared to others in the HD 5xxx family).

Thanks,

Cody

edited September 2014

No, I agree that this would be a better way to keep the laptop cool. However, if you are wanting to play The Sims 4 in the summer, then the room may not always be that cool. It seems only the higher-end laptops, often the ones designed for gaming, seem to have relatively good cooling systems, but they are extremely expensive for just The Sims 4. So seeing as those conditions are hard to always replicate, a laptop cooling pad does a relatively good job to keep the laptop cooler - the wind chill factor allows more heat to be conducted out of the laptop housing, and a laptop cooling system provided with cooler air will be able to remove heat more easily.

Overall, if you want a quiet and cool system, a desktop is a better option.

Cody

Yup and you could also do what my friend did, have a standing fan point directly into the laptop lol. It's much more powerful than the cooling pads and it actually works! Those who don't have AC to cool down a room, live in a hot environment (30 C +) is in trouble when running a regular laptop for games without some sort of cooling system. Did that and pretty much burnt the hardware of the laptop I had...

I suggest to anyone, to buy a laptop ONLY if you require computer access everywhere you go. It's much cheaper to purchase a desktop computer for any use, especially if it's a custom built computer.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I have the GT 120 that should be compatible because it can play the demo but oh well if it isn't I'm screwed.

hey @catloverplayer here are the defaults setting for the game with your card:
    card 0x0646 "GeForce GT 120" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow
    card 0x0655 "GeForce GT 120" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow

low settings and low resolution. note the demo though very informative if a card had problems is not a ful test. i do recommend setting all in game settings to low as well resolution and see if the card can run the game in full screen, good luck

@joop123 can you provide the full APU info, thanks
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited September 2014
    ceejay402 wrote: »

@joop123 can you provide the full APU info, thanks

Mine is a dedicated card, but here is a pic of GPU-Z :) (the cards bus interface is 2.0 but my motherboard only supports 1.1)

Gpu-z.PNG

•New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

edited September 2014
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I have Intel HD Graphics 3000 the demo plays great on medium settings. So where does they put me on the list?

is this your card?

card 0x2972 "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow
    card 0x2973 "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow

as you can see the game settings should default to low as well as resolution, when you get the game do confirm settings are in deed low. i also suggest trying the laptop setting as well.

and just as important is this your only card? if you like you can run dxdiag to confirm

to post hit windows key + R. enter dxdiag and select ok to run report. then select "Save all information" and a notepad doc will open. copy/paste the whole long report here. If you have win 8/8.1 you may need to copy/paste the report into two threads, thanks!

UPDATE - can you actually run the report thanks!
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260. Display Memory: 4069 MB... Dedicated Memory: 869 MB... Shared Memory: 3199 MB<br />
    <br />
    I am hoping it will work!
    hi @JRon7667 here is the games default setting for your card:
    card 0x05E2 "GeForce GTX 260" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh

high settings/ high resolution

please be mindful of age. if your card is not performing as well as you like do lower settings. i also strongly encourage cosnidering upgrades/replacements in the near future, good luck
    I have Intel HD Graphics 3000 the demo plays great on medium settings. So where does they put me on the list?

is this your card?

card 0x2972 "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow
    card 0x2973 "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow

as you can see the game settings should default to low as well as resolution, when you get the game do confirm settings are in deed low. i also suggest trying the laptop setting as well.

I don't think that is his card - the Datamining information for some reason hasn't included the Intel HD 3000 GPU. However, it would still only be able to handle low settings anyway from my experience (and from looking through the other Intel chips).

Cody

My card is below the recommended gtx 650, but it's in the black on this list, so I'm hopeful. :)

@crayzeehappee have you posted card info yet and gotten advice?
  • crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    ^Yes I have. I have the gt 745m, and have been told it should run the base game.
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg

@crayzeehappee have you posted card info yet and gotten advice?

I've just finished helping them - they had an i7, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 745M, but CYRI was giving them grief.

Cody

@gothprincess4ever here is the games default settings for your card
    card 0x68C1 "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series" $cardLevelLowmedium $resolutionMedium

low/medium settings and medium resolution

based on age of the age do be mind of the cards performance you may need to lower settings

is this your card?

I don't think that is his card - the Datamining information for some reason hasn't included the Intel HD 3000 GPU. However, it would still only be able to handle low settings anyway from my experience (and from looking through the other Intel chips).

Cody

thanks cody i was thinking that was wrong but thats the only 3000 i found. ill look again, i really have such limited knowledge of Intel cards :)