Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Matt and Shannon Finally Showcased A Bit Of What's Good In TS4!

Comments

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    In the TS3 demo videos it would always be one person talking and another person playing.

Notice that in the TS4 videos they make it seem like they're both playing, that its "we" pretty much every time.

We need to beg EA to bring multiplayer back to this game. Not "massive multiplayer" but at least some form of multiplayer.

It doesn't even need to be multiplayer it need to be an actual good sol;id foundation with good coding...not whatever was shoved into TS4.

Or in other words, it needs to be multiplayer being in the state that it is now and not likely to change.

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    In the TS3 demo videos it would always be one person talking and another person playing.

Notice that in the TS4 videos they make it seem like they're both playing, that its "we" pretty much every time.

We need to beg EA to bring multiplayer back to this game. Not "massive multiplayer" but at least some form of multiplayer.

It doesn't even need to be multiplayer it need to be an actual good sol;id foundation with good coding...not whatever was shoved into TS4.

Or in other words, it needs to be multiplayer being in the state that it is now and not likely to change.

Look at the engine for the game, one that is made for multiplayer games or games that have online multiplayer capabilities...
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    pguida wrote: »
    I agree with @nilanius, Clipping is one thing that does not bother me. BUT it might bother some people!

"R@p3 is one thing that does not bother me. BUT it might bother some people"!

Dude, whats your issue? I didn't even say anything...

Just contextualizing.

What is YOUR issue?
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    I agree with @nilanius, Clipping is one thing that does not bother me. BUT it might bother some people!

Honestly, I'm just a few more posts from certain people, away from putting them on my ignore list. I seen them even entering positive threads, trying to bring the mood down.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »

Honestly, I'm just a few more posts from certain people, away from putting them on my ignore list. I seen them even entering positive threads, trying to bring the mood down.

I agree about natashified...
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

Look at the engine for the game, one that is made for multiplayer games or games that have online multiplayer capabilities...

Are you suggesting that they shop for or build a new engine for it? I'm not quite getting what you said.

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I am suggesting they should have started it off better, it feels like they took the sandbox out of the game added cheesey RPG elements in and slapped most of TS4 together as an after thought.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    They were such preschoolers though - shielding their eyes at the woohoo. C'mon, guys. You're not kids. lolz.
    That was so ridiculous. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I mean these are adults, acting like 10 year olds. I mean, really?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really enjoyed Matt and Shannon, too. I'm so happy they FINALLY brought a female into the mix, and Matt seemed much more of a game-player than a builder (or a "bro"). I thought their feigned embarrassment over the woo-hoo was cute and funny; it reminded me of what my own grown kids might do if we were playing Sims together. Key word here is "feigned"; they were just being goofy :-)

Yeah, I'm not oblivious to the dropped commands etc. I keep thinking, though, that if they attended to their Sims' needs better, they'd be more responsive. There has been no gameplay yet where the players consistently check their Sims' needs and make sure to take care of them (i.e., micromanage). Just a thought that blipped through my head, no way to tell if it's true until I play.

P.S. They didn't go to the gym or work out at home, yay!
  • Options
    taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    I actually enjoyed it better than than last 2 a cant wait till next Friday....
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    personally i only enjoy the non-guru's play
    whenever the guru's play it's sooo boring, matt and shannon were too childish covering their eyes during whoohoo (really? they're older than me ...)
    gamescom and creator's camp gameplay was so much more interesting!
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    So, does "regular party" mean you have the option to do one without goals? (please say yes).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    am sure they said it did 1 with goals and 1 without goals
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Matt and Shannon played like normal players would. They also exposed all of the bugs, glitches, and problems normal players will encounter when they play. Kudos to them. Now I'm going into this with eyes wide open.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

Hair still looks atrocious, the worst since TS1. But the builds and environments are really beautiful, and so are the sims if you ignore the helmets they wear in lieu of hair.

I thought this statement (the bolded part) was really funny, deserving much more than a "like" or "lol" check off.

I'm glad to see you find something good in the new game. I was starting to think there would be nothing for you this time around. Have these streaming broadcasts changed your mind about getting it? I hope you do get it, as I hate to lose anyone in our community. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, it's still good to have robust discussions and you always add to that! :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    They were such preschoolers though - shielding their eyes at the woohoo. C'mon, guys. You're not kids. lolz.
    That was so ridiculous. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I mean these are adults, acting like 10 year olds. I mean, really?
    It's kinda to be expected with a name like 'woohoo'.

That's a bad word! You cover your eyes when someone starts talking about peepers or bajingos!
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

Hair still looks atrocious, the worst since TS1. But the builds and environments are really beautiful, and so are the sims if you ignore the helmets they wear in lieu of hair.

I thought this statement (the bolded part) was really funny, deserving much more than a "like" or "lol" check off.

I'm glad to see you find something good in the new game. I was starting to think there would be nothing for you this time around. Have these streaming broadcasts changed your mind about getting it? I hope you do get it, as I hate to lose anyone in our community. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, it's still good to have robust discussions and you always add to that! :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I thought it was pretty funny, trying romance of sims and being turned down. This might be for a interesting play. Liked the emotions after being turned down.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Despite their genuinely weird awkwardness about in-game woohoo, I don't think EA's two liveplayers should be penalised for their honest showcasing of TS4 gameplay last night, warts and all. They did customers a deserved service and we should thank them for it. Just like plum EA to 'shoot the messenger' for *their* bad project management though...
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »

I just can't with the clipping.

Perhaps if the first EP is really strong I may revise my stance.
  • Options
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    Despite their genuinely weird awkwardness about in-game woohoo, I don't think EA's two liveplayers should be penalised for their honest showcasing of TS4 gameplay last night, warts and all. They did customers a deserved service and we should thank them for it. Just like plum EA to 'shoot the messenger' for *their* bad project management though...

Thank you, Matt and Shannon.

• Options
    MsPhy wrote: »

P.S. They didn't go to the gym or work out at home, yay!

I was starting to think it was a fitness game. :)

Matt and Shannon finally showcased what we have been asking from the start: non-weird, non-bro gameplay.

• Options
    suzses wrote: »
    So, does "regular party" mean you have the option to do one without goals? (please say yes).

Yes!
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Matt and Shannon played like normal players would. They also exposed all of the bugs, glitches, and problems normal players will encounter when they play. Kudos to them. Now I'm going into this with eyes wide open.

I think it's the first time we see what the game is really like. It felt actually fun, but I look at my now completed TS4 and I still don't see enough to upgrade, especially when we see this game still needed a lot more polishing before being shipped.

Interactions overall were stellar.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    windweaver wrote: »

I just can't with the clipping.

Perhaps if the first EP is really strong I may revise my stance.

I understand pguida.
    Myself, I've been on and off the fence so often my feet are sore!!