Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 made for kids?

Comments

• Waterninja11Waterninja11 Posts: 65 Member
    I love the graphics style! It looks comic book! The hair is much better compared to TS3.
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Looking back to S1/S2/S3 EA has ALWAYS put out bad hair, bad clothes, bad makeup....
    Modders CC is, and has been, the way to get decent looking stuff.
    Sad but true.

They did get better with the clothes and hair but you are so right about the makeup. I always had to use CC makeup.
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    DeerLord wrote: »
    The arguments about the visual style and textures are pretty funny coming from someone with a Team Fortress 2 avatar.

Yes because a 2007 game is clearly comparable to a 2014 game.

TF2 is still raking in tons of cash and looks awesome in its own right, so...

You've missed my point completely.
  • akichy47zakichy47z Posts: 24 New Member
    > @akichy47z said:<br />
    > -Things i see wrong with this game so far-<br />
    > 1. No sliders<br />
    > 2. No custom colors/ create a style<br />
    > 3. No open world=loading screens<br />
    > 4. No animated hair/looks like a block of hair<br />
    > 5. No customization of hair color<br />
    > 6. No eyelash length/ looks like a strip of hair<br />
    > 7. No favorites<br />
    > 8. No full face make-up<br />
    > 9. No animated eyeballs/ eye and skin looks all as one<br />
    > 10. No good graphics/ sims look very cartoonish<br />
    <br />
    I fail to comprehend how any of these points mean that the game was targeted at children. And what do you even mean by “no animated eyeballs”? What do you mean by “eye and skin looks all as one”?

The game has been dulled down a lot to the point were it looks like it been dulled down so kids and understand it more and cartoon style is not for everyone.
    Non animated eyeballs i could not find the right word to say, the eyes in Sims 3 looked like balls were as in Sims 4 they mesh into the skin around the eye making in look flat up close, Sims may look fine far away but not so up close and is the mean reason i will be modding the skins and hair to look some what with detail.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    The graphics in the sims 4 aren't worse, they are just more stylized. Anyway, if that bothers you, then a bit of custom content should fix that right up. <br />
    <br />
    Having a fun game mostly free of bugs should be the main focus of your game.

TS4 won't satisfy you, then. It's quite buggy.

• kayleigh_j_pkayleigh_j_p Posts: 27 New Member
    I don't think hyperrealism works for the Sims, it comes off a bit too 'uncanny valley', i.e. looks a bit unsettling. I like the cartoony style, it makes their expressions more expressive and means the graphics look great without using all your RAM!
  • JeffreyCorJeffreyCor Posts: 114 Member
    If I want "super realistic" I'll live my own life. Sims are for having fun. It can help to keep a bit of perspective.
  • DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    got to love that this guy complains about the cartoony graphics while himself having a cartoonish looking character avatar LOL

another "I haven't played the game but let me mock it anyway" thread, nothing to see here.
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I like the graphics.
  • Medhia_NoxMedhia_Nox Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2014
    When you get older - everything feels marketed for children.

I've played all the SIMS games - and I very much appreciate what's been done to this version. This is the first time I'll actually call it "streamlining".

I don't miss:

1) Sims wasting time waving their hand and moaning about a problem. This would force me to take a break after about an hour of gaming every time it bothered me that bad.
    2) Sims standing frozen while pathfinding around other Sims.
    3) Sims spending so much time "washing dishes" "using bathroom" or even "eating" as well as several other minor details that made the game tedious for me (yes, they still do these things, but they feel faster)
    4) Waiting for vehicles (I was nervous about the load screens since I hated them with a passion in SIMS2 - but they're really very fast).

That doesn't magically make the game worthwhile for everyone - but they're highlights for me.
    JeffreyCor wrote: »
    If I want "super realistic" I'll live my own life. Sims are for having fun. It can help to keep a bit of perspective.
    Your talking about gamplay not textures or detail, at no point did i say realistic gameplay.
    All i want is better detail in my game, not super realistic life style gameplay.
    Diedrupo wrote: »
    got to love that this guy complains about the cartoony graphics while himself having a cartoonish looking character avatar LOL

another "I haven't played the game but let me mock it anyway" thread, nothing to see here.

it's a 2007 game not a 2014 game and still look better than Sims, Sims 2 only had this style of textures. TF2 is a cartoon game with cartoon gameplay and i do not hate cartoon graphics i don't like the change from not cartoon in ts3 to cartoon in ts4.

And i played Sims 4 and seen the textures in game, and have played every Sims game
    your that kind of guy that does not learn to read what the person has said be for commenting. never said i hate the game because if i did i would not have Sims 4 downloaded .
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I have the collector's edition, I've been playing it and I agree it seems a bit babyish, it seems similar to Sims Social which was babyish, both the graphics and the gameplay. I'm hoping it will get better. I thought the lady who spoke at the seminar in the promotional you tube video was speaking to the audience as though they were children and the similarities in the game with Sims Social which was babyish, makes me think it might be aiming at kids, but it's not a kid's game, it has adult situations, and I'd like to see the market research results that show which age group is their biggest customer because from what I've seen it is the older generation. I was excited about this game, I liked that the faces looked better than Sims 3 and the room tool sounded convenient.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    here's a link with somethings they say they have taken
    out, http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    TS4 took 2 steps forward but 8 steps backwards.

So times you gotta go backwards to fix things before you can move forward. :P
  • TDeppe1966TDeppe1966 Posts: 186 Member
    What!? Come on....this game would confuse children lol. I think the graphics are crisp, clean, vibrant and cute. They are so smart now and everything is so much better now. They almost seem real now and less robotic. My daughter and I are having so much fun with this sims game. The game seems like a breath of fresh air compared to sims 3
  • Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    I kinda love/hate the game at the moment though the graphics were not the issue for me. Sure the game shipped with the worst styles one could imagine and some of the most basic hair cuts i have seen since I was a kid getting a 'boys cut' for school, but its smooth to play so far which I like. My main problem is my Sim spends way too much time at home collecting action figures (I call em that anyway) and really has no incentive to go out and do things. In addition it seems all of the sims need some serious meds when it comes to mood swings. I get it and its fun but its way too quick on the mood changes, its like I'm dealing with a psycho half the time =)
  • DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Yes this game is made for kids.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the art style -- the cartoonish Sims fit well with the emphasis on "weirder stories" (which I've yet to run into; my Sims all seem to be blissfully normal). And the interactions are far more richer, which is where the meat of the game is for me. Once I got the hang of it, I started having a lot of fun. I've now got two Sims in a household, boyfriend/girlfriend, and I'm going to get them married fairly shortly. Not that enthused about babies (or lack of toddlers) so I may just have them adopt for now.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LIBS93LIBS93 Posts: 43 Member
    I think sims 4 hair improved a lot.
    i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/FD3nailgun/Quinn1.png

cnet.com/news/what-the-create-a-sim-trailer-reveals-about-the-sims-4/
    > @Medhia_Nox said:
    > When you get older - everything feels marketed for children.
    >
    > I've played all the SIMS games - and I very much appreciate what's been done to this version. This is the first time I'll actually call it "streamlining".
    >
    > I don't miss:
    >
    > 1) Sims wasting time waving their hand and moaning about a problem. This would force me to take a break after about an hour of gaming every time it bothered me that bad.
    > 2) Sims standing frozen while pathfinding around other Sims.
    > 3) Sims spending so much time "washing dishes" "using bathroom" or even "eating" as well as several other minor details that made the game tedious for me (yes, they still do these things, but they feel faster)
    > 4) Waiting for vehicles (I was nervous about the load screens since I hated them with a passion in SIMS2 - but they're really very fast).
    >
    > That doesn't magically make the game worthwhile for everyone - but they're highlights for me.
    the load screens need to be a different colour. While I was up late last night giving the game a good go, the white sudden load screens freaked me out and I can imagine they are particularly bad for people with epilepsy. Perhaps a green colour, same green as the grass or something so it's not such a shock.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Disagree. Sims3 was made for kids.
  • GithernGithern Posts: 75 Member
    CaST was a horrid system drain. It was badly programmed from the start and caused invariable system leaks and the majority of the slow downs when using speed 3 or 4 in the city. I, for one, am ecstatic that they have removed that god-awful poor excuse for a system. If they were to bring it back I hope it goes through the optimization wringer more than a few times.
    Ewkward
  • naanaatalinaanaatali Posts: 76 Member
    I can't imagine any of the newer Sims games having some of the adult features that the first Sims game did. Dancing ladies popping out of cakes? Granted, the sims 3 had "party dancers" at bachelor/ette parties in Generations but for the most part I do believe they are focusing on their jr high/high school demographic.
    When my sim was angry after an attempt at making a conversation romantic turned awkwardly embarrassing because he was rejected, he needed to use the toilet. When I clicked on the toilet it gave the option "Take angry poop" and there are no mods in my game of course because it's brand new. That is not suitable for kids.
    But the style of the artwork is cutesy as though it is aimed at kids. And I did get the impression in one of the first promotional videos for this game that the lady speaking at the seminar was talking in a tone as though she was talking to children, even though her audience looked like mostly older people.