Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 made for kids?

Comments

• peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    The graphics in the sims 4 aren't worse, they are just more stylized. Anyway, if that bothers you, then a bit of custom content should fix that right up.

Having a fun game mostly free of bugs should be the main focus of your game.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Actually, I think TS4 is targeted at YA casual gamers rather than kids; hence RPG-ish directed play for quick pay-offs to match quick gaming sessions rather than extended legacy/family play preferred by older simmers.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    All of the things you listed...I don't see how that makes the game for kids...they're just choices which have been made. By the way the graphics aren't bad, they are a vast improvement on the sims 3! It's just the art style people don't like...people have been getting these two things confused a lot.
  • landverhuizerlandverhuizer Posts: 310 Member
    Not sure how any of that it tied to making it more of a child's game, though it's true, I don't care much for the way the hair looks or the fact that a lot of the shoes look like they were made of 1" thick plastic.
    They do, however, seem to have been advertising to the younger crowd with all the "awesome", "bros" and downtalking
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    I like the hair. :sweat_smile:
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    I like the hair. :sweat_smile:

Yeah really, I don't see what's wrong with the hair.

Computer animated hair looks like computer animated hair? The devil is obviously at work here...
  • Amanda1280Amanda1280 Posts: 65 Member
    The Sims isn't for kids.....That why they rate it T for Teens.
    9 year olds be like: what's WooHoo?
  • nus99nus99 Posts: 37 Member
    Id be lying if I said I liked the changes from S3 to S4, after all going from a open world to a more closed in one like in S1 and S2 does appear to be a step back. Along with CAST which did lag whilst loading up the patterns so i can see why they removed it.
    Of course some of the things missing will/could be added in a patch or expansion pack, the things the OP listed wouldn`t be added as they are core game items.
    however i do like the style of the sims themselves. After all the sims have never been a serious game what with all the supernaturals in the games. So I feel that that the cartooney look is acceptable. Although i cannot picture vampires ( if they get added) living in a bright and colorful world lol.
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    I have no problem or preference on the graphics or style of the game. I liked them all at the times they came out. The new Sims will be interesting to watch and play. I would hope that there is more hair and clothes in the game than in the preview of CAS. In a few days we will be able to see for ourselves what the game is like.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Well at my age kids are as old as early twenties ! I do agree it looks like EA has targeted the younger generation. The emphasis on party and play, loss of the family life stages and the simplified buildmode to make building quick and easy. It no longer looks like a life simulation game, but one that is focused on only one life stage age. And it is not elders :) !!!

kim :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    I'm an adult and I like cartoon sims... It's starts getting weird when they look too real ... I've always liked the sims humor and I think the new animation fits in with that.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I agree with the OP only on his last bit, the building on the bones of previous iterations of the game. But I like the graphics so far. CAS is AMAZING and far exceeds Sims 3. I've been playing Sims2 recently and yesterday managed to play Sims3 for a bit, as well. I've recreated my main character from Sims3 in the new Demo. I have to say going back and looking at him in Sims3 is a disappointment. I like the new Demo, very much.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited August 2014
    I'm an adult and I like cartoon sims... It's starts getting weird when they look too real ... I've always liked the sims humor and I think the new animation fits in with that.

I could live with the new cartoon sims. That is far from the issue or issues that are holding me back from purchasing.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• youmnaboufaryoumnaboufar Posts: 127 Member
    Me,i'm not really excited as i was before 2 monthes ago,at first i was kinda desapointed becaues there's no open world,but after seeing the Demo i said that's OK there's great things i like the basic clothes which are more realist,and so many things... :D
    Me,i'm not really excited as i was before 2 monthes ago,at first i was kinda desapointed becaues there's no open world,but after seeing the Demo i said that's OK there's great things i like the basic clothes which are more realist,and so many things... :D

I could deal with the short loading screens, even thou I dont like them. Just far too many other issues and things I would have expected to have and be able to do have been removed. The clothes are fine. I am a dinosaur so I can live vicariously with my sims and wear all the hot stuff .hehe

Abraham Lincoln

• Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited August 2014
    DeerLord wrote: »
    The arguments about the visual style and textures are pretty funny coming from someone with a Team Fortress 2 avatar.

Yes because a 2007 game is clearly comparable to a 2014 game.

• adupuis0adupuis0 Posts: 231 Member
    graphics looks fine. I much rather have game runs smother. seems like people now days all they care for best graphics
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    adupuis0 wrote: »
    graphics looks fine. I much rather have game runs smother. seems like people now days all they care for best graphics

And realistic water.

I remember when that used to be a selling point for some people. "The water looks so realistic!"
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I definitely think this game is being marketed to the younger generation/new generation of players. The constant sims peeing themselves, a reward for peeing, POOF-ing to your destination, the "weird" advertising, the constant overkill of hashtags, etc. I think it's safe to say this is more of a kids game now.
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    DeerLord wrote: »
    The arguments about the visual style and textures are pretty funny coming from someone with a Team Fortress 2 avatar.

Yes because a 2007 game is clearly comparable to a 2014 game.

TF2 is still raking in tons of cash and looks awesome in its own right, so...
  • sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    I definitely think this game is being marketed to the younger generation/new generation of players. The constant sims peeing themselves, a reward for peeing, POOF-ing to your destination, the "weird" advertising, the constant overkill of hashtags, etc. I think it's safe to say this is more of a kids game now.
    The what?

Also, hashtags are basically in everything now. They're stupid, but they're not just in things advertised to kids.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • akichy47zakichy47z Posts: 24 New Member
    Just to say the picture is was took in Garrys Mod and is not the Sims.

[Graphics]
    We are in 2014 and all most in 2015 most game's that come out want good graphics and tend to love the high end pc's this in the norm for improvement in gameplay, if all games came out 8bit would you pay £50 for them? My point is that Sims 4 is a different game and not like sims 3 with graphics that try to be realistic they can, that's why EA took realistic out and said, people don't want graphics they want gameplay.
    EA seem to have not done that, scraping most of the gameplay down witch makes me sad seen as the game is over 8gb so far topping sims 3 5gb.... So what have they added or is it just used on the smoothness of the gameplay? :#
  • winterclaritywinterclarity Posts: 183 Member
    Half that sh#t wasn't even in TS3 base game.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • DianaTheMadDianaTheMad Posts: 38 Member
    > @akichy47z said:
    > -Things i see wrong with this game so far-
    > 1. No sliders
    > 2. No custom colors/ create a style
    > 3. No open world=loading screens
    > 4. No animated hair/looks like a block of hair
    > 5. No customization of hair color
    > 6. No eyelash length/ looks like a strip of hair
    > 7. No favorites
    > 8. No full face make-up
    > 9. No animated eyeballs/ eye and skin looks all as one
    > 10. No good graphics/ sims look very cartoonish

I fail to comprehend how any of these points mean that the game was targeted at children. And what do you even mean by “no animated eyeballs”? What do you mean by “eye and skin looks all as one”?