Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many posts?

I'm working on making tools for the game and have some questions for the SimGuru team but I cannot use the @ thing to draw their attention. How many posts do I need to make?

Comments

• JordwalJordwal Posts: 50 Member
    I know what you mean. I guess they instituted something to slow spammers down but why it has to include the @ thing I don't know. Anyway, one more for you.
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's not based on number of posts. It's based on number of points. You get points when people "Like" or "Agree" or "LOL" on your posts. You also get points for earning badges (uploading an avatar, things like that).

You can see your point total by clicking on your name at the top of the screen. It will show in the bottom left corner.

You need 50 points to be a "member".

Also, this is not the right forum for this post. This is the mods forum. There's a "general" forum further down the page.
  • _A__A_ Posts: 56 Member
    Yeah thanks dude :)
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @_A_, you made it here A hug.png

@Maclimes, I think he realizes the specifics :P He's working on the Blender GEOM tool and would like to reach a SimGuru. It's kind of tough to post in this forum when you're new because of the spam precautions :)
    edited August 2014
    @_orangemittens_, Better to be too helpful, than not helpful enough. :)
    @Maclimes, good point. It just doesn't seem good to me if you tell people to post in another forum if they are trying to reach a mod though. Maybe dial back the rigid enthusiasm a little. That would be even better.
    I get that, but this isn't a forum for reaching mods (as in moderators). It's a forum for discussing mods (as in modifications). I just now realized how confusing that is...
    I think you don't realize what you're talking about.
    I do. The point of your original post was "How many posts do I need to make?". You weren't discussing mods, you were asking for information about how the forum functions or how to contact Forum personnel. YES, I know the reason you were asking was to work on a mod tool. I get that. But your post was just, "I want to tag a mod. How do I?". That's not mod discussion.

I mean, I don't really care one way or the other. I was just trying to offer some help for the ACTUAL ISSUE YOU ASKED ABOUT. Sorry for that?
    It wasn't my post so I don't know why you're responding to me as if it was. You seem a bit clueless here.

Not trying to be mean or anything but maybe keep that overzealous stuff in reserve. It's sort of unpleasant and it's making you seem not nice.
    Oh lol I got you mixed up with OP somewhere along the line. And I wasn't being overzealous! I didn't say, "Get out of here!" I was just giving advice, because most forums I am used to will delete posts that are in the wrong place.

I don't like to see people's information not being received. I'd personally much rather have someone tell me, "Hey, there's a better place for that information" than just let me be ignored and deleted.

I'm not sure why that's such a problem.
    I get the feeling that this forum isn't as rigid and negative as others you may have been to. It's a good place :) Maybe give those other forums a miss...they're not doing good things for your mind. No worries about your mixup. :)
    Anyway, I think we're just suffering from Internet Communication Syndrome, where it becomes very easy to read the wrong kind of tone into other people's words. I was just trying to be helpful, but you interpreted that as me being bossy. And you were trying to ask me to cool it, and I interpreted it as an attack.

I can see how my structure may have been interpreted like that, and I'm sorry. It was poor communication. Let's both just cool our jets. :)
    I like the we apparently both simultaneously called it off. XD
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    Understanding the User Ranks and Posting Permissions

Post a few more times _A_so we can like and agree with them. You're at 43 points at the time of this post, so you only need 7 people to like or agree your posts then you'll be able to post links and pictures, and evidently the @_A_ feature.

• _A__A_ Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks auntielynds :)
  • CRH698CRH698 Posts: 67 Member
    > @auntielynds said:
    > Understanding the User Ranks and Posting Permissions
    >
    > Post a few more times _A_so we can like and agree with them. You're at 43 points at the time of this post, so you only need 7 people to like or agree your posts then you'll be able to post links and pictures, and evidently the _A_ feature.

Thanks soo much!