Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Franny wrote: »
    Assirk wrote: »
    @Franny wait I don't understand. So you lose all of the items that you bought when the store disappears?! :scream:

I'm afraid so. The items you don't already have downloaded, you'll lose when the store closes if I'm not mistaken.

I'm happy I download everything right after I purchase them.

I would do that, but I don't want to download repeat items.
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    I don't want to download repeat items.

I'm the same way, Franny. Especially after I read up on item organization and discovered that part of the reason why the game often takes so long to load or has a lot of lag, is because it has to sift through each and every file... all the time. It's clearly a flaw in the design.

At one point, when I already had about 70% of the content, I decided to be methodical about it.
    • First, all the worlds (especially gold worlds that have venues included.)
    • Next, I downloaded all the compilations, since they have multiple sets and sometimes even venues in them.
    • Then I went for the freebie sets, since they generally don't overlap with anything else. All the holiday sets and things.
    • After that, the venues - any not included in Worlds or Compilations.
    • Then I went for the sets, but since all the compilations were already installed, if I downloaded it and it showed as already installed, then I just deleted it.
    • Once I had all the sets, then I started in on the individual items.
    • I also sorted everything into appropriately named folders, to make it easier to find what I wanted later.
  • calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Jodi, it is looking awesome! Ouch about being locked out when ya have things to do, places to go!!

@bekkasan - Where is the LOL button? Speaking of places to go, OE is calling. Progress on new thread is being put on hold. I tried setting the page up in Notepad, but I was not progressing. Much easier to compose the thread in the forum.

Still, it looks gorgeous @Me1620! I'm excited to see it go up!
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Here's an update of were we are on the list. This update covers the next 28 hours. Numbers 552 (our current deal) and 565 are our green deals. 559 is the only yellow deal. We have many once on the rotation deals in this section. Enjoy your shopping.

Current Deal

552 ) Farm Fresh Folk Set / 448 / 1540 / 71% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 224, # 289)

Upcoming Deals

553 ) The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc. / 315 / 693 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 969, # 342)

554 ) Family Banners / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

555 ) Country Carved Tableware Cabinet / 7 / 28 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation

556 ) Liberated Spikes / 35 / 60 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire; Loud, Fast, Clash! - Bedroom + Attire

557 ) She Put the Lime in the Coconut Top / 26 / 75 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Life’s a Beach (Swim); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)

558 ) Three Strikes Double Bed / 47 / 99 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation

Here is the official trailer so you can preview the venue. This is one of the first venues released by the store, so it does not contain any premium items.
    559 ) Olympian Physique / 520 / 1000 / 48% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 187, # 720, same as # 331, # 924, but less than # 770)

560 ) Towel Drying Stand / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bathroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

561 ) Live, Laugh, Love / 852 / 1953 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 345, # 784)

562 ) Futureshock Living / 726 / 1072 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 872, # 180, # 347)

563 ) Steampunk / 176 / 325 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation

564 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Towel Stackomatic / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 259)

565 ) ""O"" Bandeau / 22 / 75 / 71% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 970)
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    @Assirk - There is no news that the store is closing down soon. We are supposed to be given notice when that decision is made. When Sims 2 store was closing, we did receive notification to back up all our store purchases a month or two before the Sims 2 store closed.

@Franny and @Assirk - How to Back up Store Purchases will definitely be one of the posts in the new DD thread. The very short answer, you will not be able to download from the website once the store closes so you want to download everything as you buy it and make backup copies of the files. As long as you have your backups, you will have the items you purchased even after the store closes.

There are very informative threads in the forum on how to best download, organize and backup your store content. Links to some of those threads are provided on the Useful Links tab of the DD spreadsheet.

Here is an excerpt taken from Amjoie's thread - Know What is Inside Your Game: The Sims 3
    amjoie wrote: »
    Part 2: The insides of your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder

We will now examine your The Sims 3 folder found inside Documents/Electronic Arts. ...

The next two folders are very important, and MUST be backed up.

yourstorecontentfoundhere_zps8390bbe5.jpg

These folders, The DCCache and DCBackup hold all your installed store content, along with any CC (custom content) that you have installed from Sims3Packs.

You will hear people tell you to add or delete things from these folders, and at one time, you could get by with that. But things in this game have become progressively fussier, as time has gone by, and I NO LONGER recommend doing anything at all to these folders, other than backing them up.

If things start going wrong with the store content or CC in your game, the best, safest, and most guaranteed way to fix them is to reinstall all your store content into a factory reset game. DO NOT install any CC, at this time. Then make a backup of the DCCache and DCBackup folders that you just installed your store things into. Save them in a safe place.

Once you have backed them up, you can slip a copy of them back into your real game (after throwing away the messed up ones), and install whatever safe CC you wish to install.

And next time your content goes bonkers, remove the messed up DCCache/DCBackup folders and then slide a copy of the your installed store (but unplayed and CC-free) DCCache and DCBackup into your game. Then you can install any safe CC you have at that time, and your game will run smoothly again.

I have recommended keeping a screenie of your Purchase Page to show what the last store item was, that you installed into your DCCache and DCBackup, so you would know where you left off when you made your latest factory reset game and fresh installed all your store content. If you will still be making store purchases for some time to come, then you might want to do that, also.

But if you will be completing your store purchases with the August venue, then I recommend you do one final factory reset and fresh download/fresh install, after the purchase of that venue. That way, your backup copy of the DCCache and DCBackup will hold the latest greatest, and always be there for an easy fix for messed up content.

CAUTION: Not ALL of your installed store Sims3Packs end up in DCCache/DCBackup. Worlds land in two other folders, as well as in the DCCache/DCBackup. Sims also have their own folders, in addition. Even the Library folder has some store content. So while it is MANDATORY that you back up the DCCache/DCBackup, we will be discussing other folders that you MUST backup in order for your game to have full use of all installed store content.

The next folder is Downloads. It should look like this:

insidedownloads_zps7dc363a2.jpg

On the day you make a store purchases, it should look like this, showing the latest purchases, that have not yet been sorted:

downloadsbeforesorting_zps8bc5b159.jpg

Many people think that their actual installed content is in Downloads. It isn't. The installed content is in the DCCache/DCBackup. The Sims3Packs that land in Downloads are what you downloaded from the store. Sometimes they still need to be installed, and sometimes they have already been installed. It depends on how they were downloaded and/or if they were simply placed into the Downloads folder from a backup you made earlier or possibly even the result of double clicking on a Sims3Pack somewhere else on your computer.

In short, any Sims3Pack in the Downloads folder can be moved elsewhere, put into folders within the Downloads folder, and etc. No matter what you do with them, the game won't care.

Any Sims3Pack inside the Downloads folder will show up in your Launcher. And if you delete them while in the Launcher, they will disappear from the Downloads folder. BUT only the things inside the bottom category of the Launcher, that show you what has actually been installed, will be removed from the game when deleted.

So, think of the Downloads folder as a temporary landing ground for store downloads, and keep it clean by organizing what you download, shortly after it is installed.

This is the way I have organized:

storestufforganized_zps3fdf9503.jpg

In the INSTALL FIRST folder, I have these files that need to be installed right in the beginning or they will not show up, because they are missing in the set where they were supposed to be found, and must be installed BEFORE that set is installed to show in the game (otherwise you end up with a blank icon in patterns):

installfirst_zps0afcec52.jpg

Here are pictures of the objects with the missing textures in sets, that must be downloaded separately and then installed first, in order for the textures to show up:

ScreenShot2014-07-30at40338PM_zpsef9c1330.png

ScreenShot2014-07-30at40416PM_zps48e12d44.png

ScreenShot2014-07-30at40823PM_zpsddc15b54.png

ScreenShot2014-07-30at40844PM_zpsd7065e43.png

Or this chair would work, too, because it has the same textures included:

ScreenShot2014-07-30at40916PM_zpsc6077475.png

ScreenShot2014-07-30at40936PM_zps2f707c6b.png

Also check this link for more objects with textures that would need to be installed first, if you have them in your game:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/517663/list-of-items-that-come-with-textures

Hey, I don't suppose you know of a youtube tutorial on this?

Huge hugs XxxxxxX <3 XxxxxxX
    Woot, Woot, Farm Fresh Folk Set for free ✓ :smiley:
    I became an

: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    @Assirk - There is no news that the store is closing down soon. We are supposed to be given notice when that decision is made. When Sims 2 store was closing, we did receive notification to back up all our store purchases a month or two before the Sims 2 store closed.

@Franny and @Assirk - How to Back up Store Purchases will definitely be one of the posts in the new DD thread. The very short answer, you will not be able to download from the website once the store closes so you want to download everything as you buy it and make backup copies of the files. As long as you have your backups, you will have the items you purchased even after the store closes.

There are very informative threads in the forum on how to best download, organize and backup your store content. Links to some of those threads are provided on the Useful Links tab of the DD spreadsheet.

Here is an excerpt taken from Amjoie's thread - Know What is Inside Your Game: The Sims 3

We will now examine your The Sims 3 folder found inside Documents/Electronic Arts. ...

These folders, The DCCache and DCBackup hold all your installed store content, along with any CC (custom content) that you have installed from Sims3Packs.

You will hear people tell you to add or delete things from these folders, and at one time, you could get by with that. But things in this game have become progressively fussier, as time has gone by, and I NO LONGER recommend doing anything at all to these folders, other than backing them up.

If things start going wrong with the store content or CC in your game, the best, safest, and most guaranteed way to fix them is to reinstall all your store content into a factory reset game. DO NOT install any CC, at this time. Then make a backup of the DCCache and DCBackup folders that you just installed your store things into. Save them in a safe place.

Once you have backed them up, you can slip a copy of them back into your real game (after throwing away the messed up ones), and install whatever safe CC you wish to install.

And next time your content goes bonkers, remove the messed up DCCache/DCBackup folders and then slide a copy of the your installed store (but unplayed and CC-free) DCCache and DCBackup into your game. Then you can install any safe CC you have at that time, and your game will run smoothly again.

I have recommended keeping a screenie of your Purchase Page to show what the last store item was, that you installed into your DCCache and DCBackup, so you would know where you left off when you made your latest factory reset game and fresh installed all your store content. If you will still be making store purchases for some time to come, then you might want to do that, also.

But if you will be completing your store purchases with the August venue, then I recommend you do one final factory reset and fresh download/fresh install, after the purchase of that venue. That way, your backup copy of the DCCache and DCBackup will hold the latest greatest, and always be there for an easy fix for messed up content.

CAUTION: Not ALL of your installed store Sims3Packs end up in DCCache/DCBackup. Worlds land in two other folders, as well as in the DCCache/DCBackup. Sims also have their own folders, in addition. Even the Library folder has some store content. So while it is MANDATORY that you back up the DCCache/DCBackup, we will be discussing other folders that you MUST backup in order for your game to have full use of all installed store content.

On the day you make a store purchases, it should look like this, showing the latest purchases, that have not yet been sorted:

Many people think that their actual installed content is in Downloads. It isn't. The installed content is in the DCCache/DCBackup. The Sims3Packs that land in Downloads are what you downloaded from the store. Sometimes they still need to be installed, and sometimes they have already been installed. It depends on how they were downloaded and/or if they were simply placed into the Downloads folder from a backup you made earlier or possibly even the result of double clicking on a Sims3Pack somewhere else on your computer.

In short, any Sims3Pack in the Downloads folder can be moved elsewhere, put into folders within the Downloads folder, and etc. No matter what you do with them, the game won't care.

Any Sims3Pack inside the Downloads folder will show up in your Launcher. And if you delete them while in the Launcher, they will disappear from the Downloads folder. BUT only the things inside the bottom category of the Launcher, that show you what has actually been installed, will be removed from the game when deleted.

So, think of the Downloads folder as a temporary landing ground for store downloads, and keep it clean by organizing what you download, shortly after it is installed.

In the INSTALL FIRST folder, I have these files that need to be installed right in the beginning or they will not show up, because they are missing in the set where they were supposed to be found, and must be installed BEFORE that set is installed to show in the game (otherwise you end up with a blank icon in patterns):

Here are pictures of the objects with the missing textures in sets, that must be downloaded separately and then installed first, in order for the textures to show up:

Also check this link for more objects with textures that would need to be installed first, if you have them in your game:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/517663/list-of-items-that-come-with-textures

Yeah, a tutorial on this would be awesome because I am a visual learner. :)
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    The new thread looks great @Me1620 :)

Sorry I haven't been around much. My son called me from the hospital on Saturday (He's 2.5 hrs away in his 1st yr of uni) to tell me that the drs think he has appendicitis and needs an emergency appendectomy! Thankfully we got to the hospital in time to see him before he went in. It was pretty bad. It had partially ruptured so he's still here while they deal with the resulting infections. Hopefully we make it home for Xmas since we're hosting this yr.

I hope everyone is well and in case I don't get a chance to pop in for a bit I wish you all a wonderful holiday with your families and friends <3
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    edited December 2015
    simgeek79 wrote: »

Sorry I haven't been around much. My son called me from the hospital on Saturday (He's 2.5 hrs away in his 1st yr of uni) to tell me that the drs think he has appendicitis and needs an emergency appendectomy! Thankfully we got to the hospital in time to see him before he went in. It was pretty bad. It had partially ruptured so he's still here while they deal with the resulting infections. Hopefully we make it home for Xmas since we're hosting this yr.

I hope everyone is well and in case I don't get a chance to pop in for a bit I wish you all a wonderful holiday with your families and friends <3

Oh no! I'm praying that everything goes okay, and that you will make it back home for Christmas!
    Post edited by Franny on
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @simgeek79 Sorry to hear about your son and hope he has a speedy recovery and y'all get home for Christmas. Prayers for your son and your family. :::hugs::::
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @Simgeek79 Oh no! Sorry to hear your family is going through that. Appendicitis is no fun, my uncle almost died from that as a kid. I hope he heals quickly and you can make it back home for Christmas!

@everyone else I started a new let's play! This one is for the Sims 4 which my husband got me for Christmas. It is the Rosebud Challenge and stares the Eleventh Doctor and River Song. You can find it here.
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited December 2015

going to have to say ditto to that

I'm going to have to say ditto on that lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    simgeek79 wrote: »

OMG Sweetie thats awful! I hope he gets better soon :) Merry Xmas to you and your beautiful family XxxxxxX <3 XxxxxxX

Me too!
    @simgeek79 get well wishes to your son and hopefully everything works out and you're home for Christmas. Merry Christmas.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    It looks like all TS3 expansions and stuff packs are on sale 66% off on Steam currently!
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sending tons of supportive hugs to you @simgeek79. Hope all is well in a short amount of time.
    Also, Happy Birthday! @Pixieydust :)

Edited for spelling :blush:
    Post edited by despina53 on
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Big hugs, @simgeek79. I hope your son is feeling better very soon & that you are able to have a nice holiday.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @simgeek79 - Dani, I hope your son is on the fast track to recuperating and will be home for the holidays.

Regarding the new thread, I had a post for the spreadsheets and included yours. Yesterday, I had troubles while trying to move posts down to make room for the expanded deal list (due to extra characters from adding the repeat information). Some of the moves created problems. When the dust settled all the posts were there, some in triplicate, except for the post with the spreadsheets. I have learned to back up the posts.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    "Happy Christmas Eve Day! Both an eve, and a day! It’s a Christmas miracle!" (does anyone else know this quote?)
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    Ok now for what I actually came on here to do, an update for the list. This update will cover the next 26 hours. Numbers 565, 568 and 573 are our green deals in this section. Numbers 566, 567, 569 and 571 are once on the rotation deals. Enjoy your shopping.

Current Deal

564 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Towel Stackomatic / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 259)

Upcoming Deals

565 ) ""O"" Bandeau / 22 / 75 / 71% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 970)

566 ) PomPom Hat / 53 / 100 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Kidswears

567 ) Grapes of Nectary Stove / 28 / 81 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining; July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

568 ) Kitchen Cage Hutch / 9 / 33 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Frontier Finds Kitchen and Dining; April 2011 Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 673)

569 ) Dauntless Lady / 37 / 75 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

570 ) Adventurous Life! / 820 / 2000 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 585, # 3, but less than # 132)

571 ) In Stride / 34 / 75 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions

572 ) Technophobe No More / 935 / 1530 / 39% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 394, # 592, # 158, # 92)

573 ) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall / 180 / 545 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Man Cave Compilation; Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation (indirectly by owning Adventurous Life!)
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 214, # 773)

574 ) Advantageous Washstand / 14 / 15 / 7% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Bathroom Set; Full Regal Living Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 595)

575 ) Simply Ultra Sink / 43 / 68 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 691)

576 ) A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set / 400 / 1250 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 689, but less than # 424, # 551)
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Assirk wrote: »
    @Franny wait I don't understand. So you lose all of the items that you bought when the store disappears?! :scream:

I'm afraid so. The items you don't already have downloaded, you'll lose when the store closes if I'm not mistaken.

I'm happy I download everything right after I purchase them.

I would do that, but I don't want to download repeat items.

I haven't noticed any repeat items... But I suppose I should look.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top