Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hi guys! Hope you're all well :D I just wanted to share some good news that without this wonderful thread and all it's brilliant links and creations I wouldn't be able to! In the past ten days I have managed to get the following for free on the DD:
    Rebel Just Because
    Full Regal Living Set
    Date Night
    Live Laugh Love
    I Heart the 50s
    Everyday Hot Summer Days

So thank you to everybody here who helped create such an awesome thread and also a special thanks to those who gifted me items to help me accomplish this :mrgreen: (this may seem like a regular thing to a lot of you but to me it's the first 6 sets I've done this with and hopefully not the last!)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Anybody else's local department stores starting to put up Christmas stuff?
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member

Yep. I am trying to ignore the fact that they have either skipped Halloween or already put all of that stuff back in storage. :(
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Howdy DD Stalkers! Here are the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. The best prices on the rotation are coming up for Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads, Once Upon a Time Quaint Cooker Stove, Mid Century Modern Dining and Style Set, and Hewnsman Living Room. Tomorrow the best price for the Now and Then Century Manor will be up, so keep an eye out if you are waiting for that venue! Happy Shopping!

373 ) Chef Jean's Choice Cabinet / 16 / 55 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

374 ) Pushin' Pedals / 600 / 1250 / 52% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 947)

375 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 608 / 1600 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Front Row Center Bedroom; Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 861, # 824)

376 ) Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer / 210 / 542 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 849, # 795, but less than # 529 )

377 ) Sweeter than Flowers / 32 / 90 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxury Resort Attire; August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 284)

378 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 299 / 427 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 684, # 737, # 536)

379 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Cooker Stove / 30 / 56 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 699)

380 ) Relaxed Sweater / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 677, # 268, but less than # 458 )

381 ) Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set / 422 / 897 / 53% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; One item included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 435, # 530)

382 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 410 / 1073 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 473, # 406)

383 ) Doorway to Adventures / 55 / 99 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

384 ) Country Livin' / 675 / 1500 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 103 = # 450, but less than # 927, # 36 )
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    trithone wrote: »

Yep. I am trying to ignore the fact that they have either skipped Halloween or already put all of that stuff back in storage. :(

This right here. So annoying!

Also thank you so much @angeljess26 for your gifts! <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    And finally caught up again.
    Hoping all my DD friends are safe and avoiding the bad weather I've been seeing on TV (Fires in California possibly, either way stay safe)
    Welcome back to all our old friends and welcome to the new ones.
    Glad the forum is still living after hitting 1000 pages.
    Grats on all the green buttons and cheap deals everyone
    @Me1620 congrats on the grand babies. It was so nice to look back on the old / 1st spreadsheet.
    @trithone glad my local stores aren't the only ones. For the particular store I saw them in yesterday when I was shopping this is actually late, last year they had them up earlier in September (earlier by about a weekish), they were still setting up the area.
    @trithone and @Lizzie1234 Halloween isn't as big here as it is in the U.S. We do get some Halloween stuff in stores and some trick or treaters but not everyone does it here in Australia. Last year we had Christmas and Halloween stuff in the supermarkets at the same time.
    @Lizzie1234 you're welcome for they gifts
    Congrats on all things that need congrats that I missed
    And commiserations to all that have been having crappy stuff happening.
    Edit: was rereading this and apparently crappy is a plum word
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    I'm another one who saw Christmas displays being set up yesterday :# . Fall doesn't even begin until next week and here they are shoving winter into the mix :astonished:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Wishful thinking maybe? It's been hotter than normal in Florida. Most people here can't wait for winter.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Hope you're all well :D I just wanted to share some good news that without this wonderful thread and all it's brilliant links and creations I wouldn't be able to! In the past ten days I have managed to get the following for free on the DD:
    Rebel Just Because
    Full Regal Living Set
    Date Night
    Live Laugh Love
    I Heart the 50s
    Everyday Hot Summer Days

So thank you to everybody here who helped create such an awesome thread and also a special thanks to those who gifted me items to help me accomplish this :mrgreen: (this may seem like a regular thing to a lot of you but to me it's the first 6 sets I've done this with and hopefully not the last!)
    Excellent result, congrats! :)

CYS is really the best thing the Store team ever did to encourage us (well, me at least!) to spend time (and money) in the store. Without it there was little point, for me, in getting individual items; I would just wait for the sets to be heavily discounted.

But, with CYS, getting those few items in set, add in a Sale or DD discount and and you'd get a great price or best of all, FREE. And those cascades? Oh yes, they are a thing of beauty and joy, so don't forget to check all the linked compilations when you add a new set to your collection! :)

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2015
    despina53 wrote: »
    I'm another one who saw Christmas displays being set up yesterday :# . Fall doesn't even begin until next week and here they are shoving winter into the mix :astonished:
    Hi Dee, hope all is good with you. :)

But, you have kind of caused me some mental anguish! :anguished:

I agree with you that we don't need Xmas, or even winter, yet ... so I should 'like' what you've said? But then, like you, I 'disagree' with having all this Xmas stuff so early. Or maybe 'LOL' because it really is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 funny that shops do this ... Oh, heck, I can't make my mind up!! :persevere:

I feel like The General being asked the question that cannot be answered!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGH07Unfe8
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    I noticed Halloween candy in the stores even before Labour Day. I have not yet seen Christmas decorations but I did see winter coats in the stores last week.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @Cogitotoro that was awesome, as always!

I haven't seen any Christmas stuff yet but I don't get out much. I am definitely ready for some cooler weather, but not for Christmas. They push Christmas on us sooo much I'm sick of it by the time it actually gets here! Now Halloween, I'll take. I've even got most of my costume already! I am going as the TARDIS from Doctor Who. I have a TARDIS dress, shoes, and hair bow and some blue nail polish to go with it, I just need to find some blue lipstick. Even though they're technically for a costume, I still wore my dress to class last week lol. And I've been wearing the shoes everywhere! I do hope it cools down soon I'm beyond ready for fall. I'm already thinking about what I'm going to carve on my pumpkin this year.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    It seems like stores are pushing the holidays sooner and sooner every year. There is an ad on tv pushing christmas shopping already.
  • Options
    Me1620 wrote: »
    I noticed Halloween candy in the stores even before Labour Day. I have not yet seen Christmas decorations but I did see winter coats in the stores last week.
    I saw swimwear in the stores, it's been there a few weeks now. We are headed for summer down here.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    It seems like stores are pushing the holidays sooner and sooner every year. There is an ad on tv pushing christmas shopping already.
    Down here it seems pretty consistent September comes, Father's Day goes and then Christmas stuff comes out. Give it a couple of weeks and the supermarkets will start to get stuff in too. No TV ads just yet.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    I went shopping and got my first taste of Christmas they had lights and candles on display. :/ Halloween and Thanksgiving are still before Christmas?Did someone change the calendar?I really need to check my E-mails more often I must have missed Christmas in October. :(:'( I'm so lost! :( Well to Everyone Happy Christmas, Halloween and Turkey Day!Early or Belated?I'm not sure which? :#
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Ugh, this means they'll soon have those bags of cinnamon-permeated pine cones in the stores. I have to get away from them as quickly as possible, or I'll end up with a migraine. :( Happy Hallowthankmas! :wink:

On happier news, I was thrilled to be able to grab Front Row Center Bedroom & Wretched Threads for 25 points! And I'm only an hour away from owning Mid-Century Dining, which will complete the Mid-Century sets for me. I'll be able to hit that lovely free green download button for the Man Cave compilation tomorrow, and I cannot wait to grab that beautiful Now & Then building set.
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    I know it was a few pages back, but had to say I was impressed with @Cogitotoro's DD theme tune. :)

However, nothing can beat, for me, the part of @ZeeGee's song that goes something like 'Regrets, I've had a few. I paid full price for World of Wonder'. I often find myself singing that line and smiling! B)

Ref Xmas arriving early in some parts of the World, now I refuse to greet it before the middle of November. It got so that I was really fed up of it. How can one day live up to all the hype? Impossible. Such an anticlimax. Problem with Xmas is the same as TS4, really needs toddlers! :'(

@Me1620 life must be hectic with the twins, I bet you're having fun! B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Ref Xmas arriving early in some parts of the World, now I refuse to greet it before the middle of November. It got so that I was really fed up of it. How can one day live up to all the hype? Impossible. Such an anticlimax. Problem with Xmas is the same as TS4, really needs toddlers! :'(

Ahahahaha totally agree @mothersuperior2 ! You just made up for my moping with your comment.

What moping, you might ask? The fact that I remembered the Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set was on DD with 3 and a half minutes to spare, eagerly pulled up the page, entered my email and password....and then waited....and waited....and waited for it to log me in, while watching the DD clock slowly count down in the corner of my screen not covered by the login box...and waited...until it hit zero, and then I screamed, "$#^%$#@ #@#$^%&amp;^ ^%$%@* *$#@!!!!" Well, only in my head, because my family is asleep.

Can we say #Sims3problems ? Or should it be #DDproblems ? Do these things exist?
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    Ugh, this means they'll soon have those bags of cinnamon-permeated pine cones in the stores. I have to get away from them as quickly as possible, or I'll end up with a migraine. :( Happy Hallowthankmas! :wink:

LOL That's perfect!!! Happy Hallothankmas!!
    I want a T-shirt that says that!! :smiley:
  • Options
    I found some Hallowthankmas T-shirts here!!
    http://zazzle.com/hollowthankmas_tee_shirts-235156147661747697
  • Options
    Awe Man It Won't let me post it ... I found them at www.zazzle.com :smiley:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited September 2015
    Morning all. This is an announcement re some stuff going on in the other parts of the forums if you are interested in taking part. I know some of you (I used to not go out there) don't get to many other threads, especially the controversial ones. So, skip over if you want or check it out if you want. :)

@nanashi-sims started this thread yesterday in response to a interview with @simgururachel here: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/

This is the link to the forum thread if you want to check it out. If not, below is his OP with link if you want to sign the pledge. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854494/the-all-action-and-no-talk-boycott-pledge/p1

This is a copy of his OP that he has updated with the new signing area outside of the forums so that non members of the forum can participate without having to register with origin and EA.

copied from @nanashi-sims OP.
    Okay, so some simmers here and elsewhere are understandably upset about the recent interview. And again, there's a lot of threats to stop playing or buying TS4 products because toddlers and family play are vital for this game and it appears telemetry has proven otherwise. EA is still skirting around the community's family play complaints and refuse to address this issue for players head on. So, again we're ranting. However, 250,000 pledges and a year ago simmers also ranted, but TS4 did just fine.

So why not pledge a boycott for the next EP? Basically, if simmers who care want to be heard, then it will need to be a collective effort (and not just on this forum) Everyone who wants family play should band together, yes? I mean, after all... do we really need family play to enjoy TS4 or will new EPs suffice until year two, three, four, or never?

If you've stated that you're boycotting, then please take a moment to join in this pledge so that we can see how much money EA would have made if they were open about the direction of the game. I also think it would be an interesting community experiment because maybe the negative sales numbers will be so small that family players honestly don't make a significant difference and perhaps Rachel is spot on in her latest interview comments. :joy:

So that this doesn't get dumped in the Feedback thread, please refrain from giving game feedback. If you sign this pledge, it'll be done on behalf of trying to overcome the telemetry stats which indicate more family play is not what players want or need... and toddlers matter.

It's a simple pledge. Anyone can make it (but please only do so if you're really not buying). Just copy/paste the following: Zagadoo, Rachel. And I pledge not buy the upcoming EP. (-$40)

UPDATED

Visit the following page:
    Enter your Origin name (preferred) or your Sims community name.
    Add feedback if you'd like (optional).
    Click the pledge button.

If you change your mind, no worries, just edit your post and remove the pledge post a comment on this thread and PM me (so that I don't miss it) :relaxed: And if you like the game and want to buy the EP. Go for it! Have a blast. This thread isn't directed at you.

And regardless of your opinions, please be respectful. No bashing Rachel, pledge signers, or TS4 fans on this thread please.

Negative Sales Tally: $8000.00 (stats image will be available tomorrow)
    Post edited by SimStaffJessica on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Here is a list of the current deal and deals for the next 26 hours. Five of the thirteen deals are green. One of those green deals is The Now & Then Century Manor. This venue includes boarded up windows and torn screen doors. SimGuruCopeland was answering forum requests for "run-down" build items which were a must have for some storytellers.

Current Deal (Started at Sep/17/15 1:19 PM UTC)
    385 ) Diva Suit / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot

386 ) Man Cave Compilation / 750 / 3000 / 75% / 2 hours
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 714 but less than # 339, # 336)

387 ) Playground Toy Chest / 44 / 99 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

388 ) Capacitor Counter / 44 / 47 / 6% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

389 ) Sweet Escape Nursery / 293 / 583 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 320, but less than # 74 )

390 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 494 / 1900 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 404, # 715)

391 ) EmpireLine Microwave / 21 / 38 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Kitchen Set; Full Bayside Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 701)

392 ) Murano Retro and Ripe Fruit Bowl / 11 / 26 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

393 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 658 / 1540 / 57% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 252, # 514)

This is a 3-hour deal
    394 ) Technophobe No More / 510 / 1530 / 67% / 3 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 592, # 158, # 92, # 572)

395 ) May 2012 Compilation Set / 1232 / 2800 / 56% / 2 hours
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Technophobe No More; Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set; Gothic G
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 454, but less than # 436, # 751)

396 ) Demeter's End Table / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 356, but less than # 231, # 844)

397 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 252 / 810 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 1, # 353, # 44)

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    @angeljess26 - Thank you for the good wishes for my grandbabies.
    @mothersuperior2 - Life is definitely hectic. At least, I can take breaks and come home and hide by my computer.
    However, nothing can beat, for me, the part of @ZeeGee's song that goes something like 'Regrets, I've had a few. I paid full price for World of Wonder'. I often find myself singing that line and smiling! B)
    That was my favourite line of her adaptation of "I Did It My Way". I am reposting the link to her version.

bekkasan wrote: »
    Morning all. This is an announcement re some stuff going on in the other parts of the forums if you are interested in taking part. I know some of you (I used to not go out there) don't get to many other threads, especially the controversial ones.
    @bekkasan - Thanks for the link. I am one of those who rarely ventures out of this thread with the exception of a few other very friendly threads. I appreciate you posting notices to threads that I would miss otherwise. I am definitely boycotting the next EP because I have boycotted the whole TS4 series.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top