Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited September 2015
    I got the whole full regal living set for free! Wooo :mrgreen:
    And thank you very much @J8K9 for the dress! :relaxed:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    I haven't seen the ad with the walking tree yet. I hope to see it, or any other ad, today.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    has anyone seen the ad with the walking tree I have no problems with it just wanted to say its an awesome ad lol
    I love that tree ad! Save the rainforest!
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    has anyone seen the ad with the walking tree I have no problems with it just wanted to say its an awesome ad lol

The first time I saw it, I immediately closed my other tabs and *watched* it. I was moved to the point of getting tears in my eyes. It definitely pulls on the heart strings even if one is not a fully committed "tree-hugger." Coming from San Francisco, we love our giant redwoods, among other favorites. For me, that ad gets the award for Best Ad Ever in the sponsor program.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Hey guys, I was just using the spreadsheet and all of the dates for the DDs have changed. Has anybody else noticed this? It suggests that deal 210 for example is going to occur on the 23rd November this year, but wasn't that deal just last week? Just a little confused and trying to plan my next few moves :p
    ETA: it appears to only affect the deals that have passed so planning is not an issue at the moment. Also, in better news, I got Rebel Just Because for free! Thank you all so much for your help! Can't wait to get I heart the 50's for free next week now :mrgreen:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2015
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was just using the spreadsheet and all of the dates for the DDs have changed. Has anybody else noticed this? It suggests that deal 210 for example is going to occur on the 23rd November this year, but wasn't that deal just last week? Just a little confused and trying to plan my next few moves :p
    ETA: it appears to only affect the deals that have passed so planning is not an issue at the moment. Also, in better news, I got Rebel Just Because for free! Thank you all so much for your help! Can't wait to get I heart the 50's for free next week now :mrgreen:
    Hi Lizzie, that's because the AWESOME Spreadsheet team have assumed that the list will continue to repeat (rotate in the jargon) so have added those dates into the list for the folk that missed the deals on the current rotation.

All being well the list will start to repeat (for the fifth time?) on November 6th :)

and ... Yay! Congrats on the Green Button download of Rebel Just Because. Top Deal Stalking skills! :star:
  • Options
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Hi Lizzie, that's because the AWESOME Spreadsheet team have assumed that the list will continue to repeat (rotate in the jargon) so have added those dates into the list for the folk that missed the deals on the current rotation.

All being well the list will start to repeat (for the fifth time?) on November 6th :)

and ... Yay! Congrats on the Green Button download of Rebel Just Because. Top Deal Stalking skills! :star:

Oh that is awesome!! I didn't realise it was so soon!! Haha thank you :mrgreen:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Oh that is awesome!! I didn't realise it was so soon!! Haha thank you :mrgreen:

Hmmm. Let's see what I can do to make it more obvious that some deals are for the next rotation.

Edit: I have changed the text of the first cell to read "Next Rotation" for the deals included in the 6th rotation. Hope that helps.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Me1620 wrote: »

Hmmm. Let's see what I can do to make it more obvious that some deals are for the next rotation.

Edit: I have changed the text of the first cell to read "Next Rotation" for the deals included in the 6th rotation. Hope that helps.
    Oh wow thank you! Sorry I don't want to seem like I'm poking holes aha :p
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited September 2015

No problem. We truly appreciate comments about the spreadsheet! With everyone here working together we can catch issues and make changes that help everyone get better deals.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    edited September 2015
    trithone wrote: »

No problem. We truly appreciate comments about the spreadsheet! With everyone here working together we can catch issues and make changes that help everyone get better deals.

^Exactly!! Agree 100%.

The spreadsheet started out as a simple list that I shared with another DD stalker after I mentioned that I have a spreadsheet to estimate the time of the deals. At first , the spreadsheet only had the central and eastern time zones. Other people expressed interest and we added their time zones. Other features were added based on suggestion of other DD stalkers. The spreadsheet is truly a team effort. Here is a link to the first spreadsheet after it was modified a bit. You can see how much the spreadsheet has changed based on feedback from the DD thread. (Note: Until this last DD list, the deals would sell out so the spreadsheet was only an estimate of when a deal would be the Daily Deal.)

• Options
    Well I'm really glad to be here and part of the group :3 oh wow you've put so much effort into working it all out!! So cool! :mrgreen:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    Daily Deal spreadsheet team you are AWESOME!!!! :)
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Is anybody getting ads today? Haven't seen 1 ad while at the library today and that is unusual for me.
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I am getting mostly broken ads.
  • Options
    I've actually got a few ads today! I'm in shock, I never get them!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2015
    Is anybody getting ads today? Haven't seen 1 ad while at the library today and that is unusual for me.
    I've been getting a reasonably steady stream throughout the day ... :)

Well I'm really glad to be here and part of the group :3 oh wow you've put so much effort into working it all out!! So cool! :mrgreen:
    J8K9 wrote: »
    Daily Deal spreadsheet team you are AWESOME!!!! :)

Yep, ain't that the truth! :star::heart:

As Sam @trithone and Jodi @Me1620 have said, this thread really works because so many people get involved and nobody is precious about taking suggestions and constructive criticism.

In my job, when I create something the worst thing is when nobody says anything at all. I'm much happier when they come back and say "what about ...?" or "it would be better if ..." - because I know they are using and engaging with it and see the value in what has been created.

This thread is so good today because so many people have brought different ideas and skills to the party. :)
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    ajaxpost@ you are so right and Awesome!!! :)
  • Options
    In my job, when I create something the worst thing is when nobody says anything at all. I'm much happier when they come back and say "what about ...?" or "it would be better if ..." - because I know they are using and engaging with it and see the value in what has been created.

This thread is so good today because so many people have brought bring different ideas and skills to the party. :)

@ajaxpost - So true! Adrian, your two statements totally fit SimGuruDrake's definition for the awesome button.
    Awesome - Awesome posts amaze you. You want to repeat them to your friends and remember them later.

• Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    It must be something that library did to their computers while they were closed for the holiday. They upgraded their monitors and their internet is faster than it used to be. I hope at the library I go to tomorrow I'm able to get ads. If I do I'll send more gifts to people.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    That's awesome @Readalot1 :smiley: Gotta love it!!
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    You guys, I don't know what happened to me... I just missed the India Inspiration Clothing and Hairstyles!!!!!!!! Somehow I thought that it's going to show up in the evening, even though I wrote to myself yesterday the exact hours :( now I have to wait to #900 to get it for free and then I have to wait even more for the Man Cave Compilation. I was so ready to have this set today. Such a bummer :'(

...Just told myself it's not so bad, went to check the DD spread sheet, scrolled too far and saw it comes up in January :s "How can this be?!" Nope, it comes up in less than 2 months! Oh goody! At least no waiting until January... Man Cave Compilation in December :| Will there be a store till December? I really hope so :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    RhododendronRhododendron Posts: 6 New Member
    Has anyone had any luck getting customer service to mark as owned non-cys sets (like when worlds collide) or gold worlds/cash worlds if you own all of the items in the set/world? If so, what sort of 'proof' did you need to offer to get them to do so? That's the last thing I need to do to have everything marked as owned.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Aw, I'm sorry you missed it @FoxyLovesKitty; :cry: So frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top