Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    edited February 2015
    Ximph wrote: »
    Are adds still turned off for everyone?

I haven't noticed any, but I also haven't been in the site much lately. Just when I go in to check the DD and MMAO, and I haven't seen any ads yet.
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    The Boardwalk is up two hours from now in my time zone! I am not going to miss this one like the last two Venues I wanted.

I set two alarms :D
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member
    The Sims3 page was down (at least for me) yesterday for a spell; I was really hoping that they were reloading the ads. Prior to the site crash (maintenance?) my MMAO percentages ranged from 27%-48%. Today I'm lucky to get an offer for 19% (the lowest was 7%).

Now I'm going to get that "Let it go" song stuck in my head because the Boardwalk that I've been eyeing for ages is still out of my price range... I need ads pronto! Has anyone seen any?
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    Thank you for the congrats and the incredibly generous gifts!!! I just popped them into my game and Molly Weasley is canning up a storm :blush: Thank you so much!!! I'll have to swap over to my legacy family to play around with the daycare. Really- so generous!!! Thank you so much :):) I'm quite blown away.

I just picked up Serenity Retreat too. I plan on getting Sunlit Tides when it pops up on the DD, so then we'll have the equivalent of Sunlit Tides Gold for 1600sp. Seems like a good idea to me :)

I totally understand what you mean by creative paralysis!! I too have added so much content recently, that it is a little overwhelming. I'm excited you'll be getting a nicer computer. My hubby is trying to scheme his way into one, but alas we have looming hospital bills and a fence that needs replacing!! So it will be a while yet, I think.
    You're very welcome! I'm delighted to gift someone for such a joyous reason. Just don't blame me if you sick-up whilst canning peaches now, Molly!

Ah, so it wasn't such a bad move getting Serenity? I'd thought it made sense weeks back when I plotted my course, but that was like 20,000 work hours ago. Total workaday humdrum brainlock lately. I.need.a.vacation. (soon, very soon now muahhaha!) I'm still exploring the Grandpa's Grove content I got a few days ago. I wanna make the tractor a buy-able vehicle and cause a sim-traffic jam! *chuckles*

Does your Hubby Build PCs too? If he/you don't, then try to learn imho. Its really & truly not that hard. I come from the bad old days when you had to wire your own leads pin-by-pin. If I can get it right, anybody can. And all that money saved goes into bleeding edge parts instead of some geeksquader's pockets.

Gah, fences. We've got a small downed section. Blasted by icicles off the eaves. Always $omething, ain't it?
    Penndra wrote: »
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    Penndra wrote: »
    ohmygoodness :( I was caught up in a business interaction and missed Serenity Retreat for 515sp by accident by a half hour!
    Did You? Better check again...
    OhMyGosh! You sneaky sneaky squirrel you! Thank-you so much *SQUEEEEEEE!*
    heehee - Us imaginary critter-Avis gotta look out for each other! Hope you enjoy it. ;)
    Niralyn wrote: »
    Well, I have been absent for ages (a month) due to terrible back pain that has kept me in a lying-down position or constantly pacing.
    I'm sorry to have missed out on everyone's news and hope to check in more often again, but it's been touch-and-go with being able to sit for any extended period.
    I've missed you all. Best wishes and blessings!
    Ack! You too? I've got a nasty bout of sciatica going on two weeks now. Bolts of agony all the way from my tailbone-hips through my big toe. Happens every time we do inventory. Be well, I hope it improves for you/me/us/we soon.
    A
    [ ]hundred
    [ ]thousand
    [x]million dollars to sleep through the night peacefully? :'(
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Any idea when the next Seeing Stars DD will be up? I know it should be soon.
  • Options
    CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    I haven't seen ads in about a month. Luckily I just have enough points for the Boardwalk coming up. Been keeping my eye on that one for a while. Hopefully the ads will be up and running again before the next big venue on my list!
  • Options
    Elf67 wrote: »

Feb 10@10:07PM
    It is #708 if you use the spreadsheet on page 1
    571 points/normally 2100points

It is on my list too :)

What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Edit: I just realized today is February 9th - Happy Boardwalk day @p-para-Xylene !!
    Got it!!
    Happy stalking to all others! I'm not the only one - 2% sold in less than 3 minutes.
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • Options

The Boardwalk. Downloaded. Installed.

ooooh! aaaah!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    Yay! I just got the Boardwalk! B) But I'm down to only 330 simpoints now. Not enough to get the other items I have my eye on. :(
  • Options
    Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    Hello everyone. I have a question on how to contact the store staff. I purchased the Boardwalk and, sadly, I was charged twice for it. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Hello everyone. I have a question on how to contact the store staff. I purchased the Boardwalk and, sadly, I was charged twice for it. Thank you for your help.
    You can contact customer service here on the Origin website.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited February 2015
    Niralyn wrote: »
    Well, I have been absent for ages (a month) due to terrible back pain that has kept me in a lying-down position or constantly pacing.
    I'm sorry to have missed out on everyone's news and hope to check in more often again, but it's been touch-and-go with being able to sit for any extended period.
    I've missed you all. Best wishes and blessings!

Sorry to hear that you are having pain in your back. I hope that the terrible pain goes away soon for you and you can feel better. :)
    Post edited by wittanthony1 on
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    Boardwalk hasn't ever been a top priority for me, but I figured I'd get it on sale and check it off the "To Buy" list. But I find myself hesitating. I've never been overly enthusiastic about this venue and I might regret spending the points. Hrm, decisions decisions.
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you JennalsGhost for replying. I went to that site for the live chat. I don't know if anything is resolved since the chat closed abruptly and gave me a case number. I guess I will check back later and hope for the best. Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    Jaceigh wrote: »
    Boardwalk hasn't ever been a top priority for me, but I figured I'd get it on sale and check it off the "To Buy" list. But I find myself hesitating. I've never been overly enthusiastic about this venue and I might regret spending the points. Hrm, decisions decisions.
    That should free up some SPs for ya! ;)
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Thank you JennalsGhost for replying. I went to that site for the live chat. I don't know if anything is resolved since the chat closed abruptly and gave me a case number. I guess I will check back later and hope for the best. Thanks again for your help.
    You're welcome! :)
    Sometimes customer service can be a hit and miss but I think there have been many people on here that have had your problem and got it fixed pretty quickly. I hope you do as well. :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    tinkknitz wrote: »
    Elf67 wrote: »

Feb 10@10:07PM
    It is #708 if you use the spreadsheet on page 1
    571 points/normally 2100points

It is on my list too :)
    Thanks!

• Options
    melaniet1020melaniet1020 Posts: 394 Member

I know exactly how you feel. I'm debating it myself. I've been saving for a world, and since the ads are gone I'm not sure I want to spend the points. The list will repeat.....right?
    Happy Simming!! :)
  • Options

Wow, thanks @LyrielSim‌ - I got green download on Hollywood Regency Den because of those gifts, thank you! I think you sent other items, so thank you for that too - I'm having issues with the site at the moment.
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel. I'm debating it myself. I've been saving for a world, and since the ads are gone I'm not sure I want to spend the points. The list will repeat.....right?

As far as we know it will repeat indefinitely. If that is the case, this same deal will come back on May 2nd, I think it was.
  • Options

Wow, thanks @LyrielSim‌ - I got green download on Hollywood Regency Den because of those gifts, thank you! I think you sent other items, so thank you for that too - I'm having issues with the site at the moment.
    You're very welcome. I'd hoped that would leave you enough of a safety margin to go ahead and get that Boardwalk venue. Now the website went wonky on you? Pfft, some days the bear wins no matter what you do :(
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Sorry to hear you haven't been well @Niralyn - a lot of the people I first met here haven't been posting lately (yourself included) I just figured it's because you either own the store or most of it and don't need to stalk the dd as much since it's in rotation. I do hope your back pain can be resolved. We don't appreciate a healthy back until we don't have one and realize all of the pain and limitations it brings.
    - @p-para-Xylene and everyone else who picked up Boardwalk and other venues congratulations!! (*) I too hope the ads come back, I'd even take back the meager two or three a day I used to get, way better than nothing. Congrats to @Penndra on potentially booking the Star Wars guy, do let us know who he is once the deal is done - so exciting!! Also hope all your other creative projects are going well.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    You're very welcome. I'd hoped that would leave you enough of a safety margin to go ahead and get that Boardwalk venue. Now the website went wonky on you? Pfft, some days the bear wins no matter what you do :(

Well, full disclosure - I vacillated for quite some time. ;) If I hadn't, the issues would have been moot. I'm still not quite sure what the problem was. I actually think I had a combination of website issue and internet issues. Our once reliable & lovely internet service seems to be slipping of late, despite their assurances otherwise. I tend to overlook the hiccups, but they seem to be happening more frequently. Earlier today I had non-Sim related connection issues too. Anyway, I digress. I appreciate your efforts and please know that it did help my safety margins regardless of which direction I head with it. :) In fact, the upcoming Everyday Kids is next on my list and I won't hesitate this time. :smiley:
  • Options

Well, full disclosure - I vacillated for quite some time. ;) If I hadn't, the issues would have been moot. I'm still not quite sure what the problem was. I actually think I had a combination of website issue and internet issues. Our once reliable & lovely internet service seems to be slipping of late, despite their assurances otherwise. I tend to overlook the hiccups, but they seem to be happening more frequently. Earlier today I had non-Sim related connection issues too. Anyway, I digress. I appreciate your efforts and please know that it did help my safety margins regardless of which direction I head with it. :) In fact, the upcoming Everyday Kids is next on my list and I won't hesitate this time. :smiley:
    Hey, no pressure here! You do as you please, you owe me no explanations. You ain't the only one who can ride a fence till after sunset, my friend. :#

Sorry to hear about your internet. If you're on/near the East Coast USA it may be weather related. With all this ice there may be all kinds of power outages going around the server circuit. Website Went Wonky (aka WWW). Hah!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top