Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Does anyone know why my sim can't interact when she goes to China. She does fine at home and the other sims from family can interact with one another. Ugh I am so tired of these glitches.
    Same here, sometime they will interact and sometime they do. It's depend who they try to interact. I am in the future and they can't even talk to their decent!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why my sim can't interact when she goes to China. She does fine at home and the other sims from family can interact with one another. Ugh I am so tired of these glitches.
    Same here, sometime they will interact and sometime they do. It's depend who they try to interact. I am in the future and they can't even talk to their decent!

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago. Here is what someone said to me:
    wrote:
    This is probably just a case of bad luck.

It's probably an internal failing in the TS3 engine. Probably nothing to do with patches or computer specs or even mods, etc.

Basically, the engine appears to have 'lost track of her'. Lots of people suffer from this sort of thing, Sims suddenly turning invisible, becoming unselectable, etc.

I think most people export the family. However, bare in mind that you lose all current unfulfilled wishes; however, on the plus side, they get spammed with new wishes when you reimport them.

I think you do it from Edit World, there will be some kind of option to export/save your household to the library (something like that). I think people generally choose the option to save/export the house to. Then they use the bulldozer tool to completley demolish the house they lived in, but leave the empty lot there. Then, you just move your household from the library back onto the plot and exit Edit World and carry on.

That fixed it for me. Now that I run errortrap and overwatch, I do not have these issues anymore. Y'all should both be running them.
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Slow DD today - not much exciting stuff on it. There are several single items that only appear once, though. I see that Romanza Ceremony Reception + Attire is coming up in 36 hours. Who is hoping to snag that set at a good deal?
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    OW and ET don't work in my game. Cheats don't work in my game either. Never have, since Sims 1. Sadly the only 2 mods by Twaillan that my game doesn't like. Saving the game as a new game corrected the problem though.
    Still looking for help on why my sim points keep disappearing on me when I haven't purchased anything, and what files from old sims games can I keep. I really am running out of room on my pc
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Managed to get it last time @trithone‌. Everyday kids is the one I'm waiting for :D luckily I just found out that my work schedule for next week doesn't mess with my chance to get it :relieved: same for Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @trithone‌ I'm going to go for the Romanza Ceremony Reception & Attire. I think I'll be able to get it for around 98 pts. I'm looking forward to getting the Boardwalk too at # 694.

I recently got the Bakery set and Grandpa's Grove. I already had the tractor PC, but decided I'd like the venue itself and 475 pts was a good deal. And today, I got the Uber Toilet. I thought I'd never buy that thing, but I did. :p 71% off was a very good discount.

The only other PC items I don't have now are the Hypnotizer and the toddler Walker. I almost got the Walker when it was on sale, but the discount wasn't that much; I wasn't ready to pay 391 for it. I own most of the venues, but with a few, I only have the PC items. I'm still debating whether to get the Al Fresco Market, but have decided to wait for its best discount at # 887. I already have the Harvest Stands from the Market.

Another one I'm debating on is Seeing Stars. If I don't get more points from ads, though, I'm going to have to buy some more to get these things. :s
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Hi! I hope it is okay to post a question here :D You guys always seem to know the answers!
    So here is the deal: I frequently get the error 12 message, however, it only pops up now and then, not every time I try to save. It does not seem to be any pattern… I highly doubt it has anything to do with my RAM. Is this normal? Anything I can do to prevent it? :\
    Still looking for help on why my sim points keep disappearing on me when I haven't purchased anything, and what files from old sims games can I keep. I really am running out of room on my pc

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I recently asked about which files I could delete to make my game take up less space on the computer. I got a lot of helpful responses here.
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    HopeAK wrote: »
    Hi! I hope it is okay to post a question here :D You guys always seem to know the answers!
    So here is the deal: I frequently get the error 12 message, however, it only pops up now and then, not every time I try to save. It does not seem to be any pattern… I highly doubt it has anything to do with my RAM. Is this normal? Anything I can do to prevent it? :\

Do you use the save as option or simply save?
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

trithone wrote: »
    Slow DD today - not much exciting stuff on it. There are several single items that only appear once, though. I see that Romanza Ceremony Reception + Attire is coming up in 36 hours. Who is hoping to snag that set at a good deal?

I'm going to have to wait until the next rotation for Romanza, but I did just get Grandpa's Grove, woo. I'm excited to get my farm on now that I have chickens and cows and a tractor!!

I'm also going to be able to get Storybook bath for free when it pops up in a min, so I'm hanging around waiting for that :)
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    trithone wrote: »

I plan to get that set since it should be a green download for me when it comes up. :smiley:
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Ok, so I just got University for my best friend, and it came with the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft. She already has that, so I will give the code to someone who wants it and doesn't have it.

Please PM me (I don't read this thread anymore), and I will give it to the first person who asks for it.

Thanks, all!

@HopeAK - it very well could do with RAM. The Error 12 save bug has to do with not having enough RAM for your system to handle the save process. In your Saves folder, look at the size of your Save file. It can get quite large, and the process of saving temporarily does something like doubles it. There are ways to de-bloat your game to make the save more manageable, however.

First, delete all memories from all Sims in the game, and disable memories. You wouldn't BELIEVE how much memory that takes. I'm not sure if the game without mods will allow you to delete all memories from all Sims (including townies), or if that takes something like Nraas to do it. If you disable memories and you still have them on your own Sim afterwards, it may take a mod to remove them. The thing is, although you can manually remove memories from your own Sims, you can't do the same with every townie, and THEIR memories are also clogging the game. Why EA wanted townies to form memories even though that would cause game bloat is beyond me, but they do.

Once you've deleted all memories from your Sim and the townies, the file size should be considerably smaller, and you should be able to save. Even on some of my larger worlds, my save sizes don't go over 200 K. When I was using memories (to get those achievements) the file sizes got up to several GB. Of course, I never play multi-generation because that's not my play style, and that also keeps down my game size.

There are other things you can do using a utility to strip image files from a save, but I don't recommend it except as a last resort. For one thing, the game will regenerate those later, and that will slow down your game a bit. For another, it won't decrease the game size as significantly as removing the memories will. I've done it before, and it doesn't hurt anything, it's just not all that effective. At least that's been my experience.

Also, if the RAM on your computer is anything less than 4 GB, you definitely need to increase it. If you have a 64 bit system, you can increase it even higher than 4 GB. Even so, the game won't use the full amount until you make a modification to the INI file. I can't recall what the change is, but it's a minor one, and it's necessary. You might Google it; or maybe someone here knows a thread where it is discussed. You actually SHOULD have something like 8 GB when playing Sims 3; it really does need a lot more RAM than the specs claim.

Another thing you can do to boost your RAM if you have Windows, that's a cheaper option than buying RAM cards, is to do the ReadyBoost option. That's something you can Google as well. It's really simple, really cheap, and very effective for systems where you normally can't boost the RAM. One nice thing about it is that getting a 32 GB SD card is MUCH cheaper than buying 32 GB of RAM cards, and it is almost as fast. (The limiting speed factor is the fact that it's USB instead of directly on the mother board. The type of memory in an SD card is only slightly slower than the type of memory found on RAM cards.) If you have a Mac, I don't think that's an option, but Macs can generally go higher RAM than Windows PCs can do anyway. I think. (I'm not a Mac person, so not that knowledgeable there.)

If you have any questions that you want me to specifically answer, you'll need to PM me; I don't check the thread anymore. Otherwise, I am sure there are other people who are just as knowledgeable about these things here.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Wow! @trithone I love your farm girl idea, if I ever get a chance to play again, I will definitely try that out! I too am waiting for Romanza. It will be 5 Sps for me! :) Can't wait to see what impact it has on my Quaint Cottage Collection and Monarch Suite CYS. I should be getting the green download on Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles this weekend too. I can't wait! I actually got Fifth Avenue Fashions free last week on the Sale Page so that was exciting that it made an appearance. I hope all the sets that aren't on this final DD list at least show up once on the Weekly Sale page.

@LadybugLeslie I got Grandpa's grove on the list's first run and I still haven't played it! Yikes! One day....this DD stalking is a full time job ;)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @trithone‌ I am getting that Romanza tomorrow only a few items shy of the green download but nothing to bad
    @LadybugLeslie‌ I seem to keep skipping the grove waiting till I have more money or more sets done
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago. Here is what someone said to me:
    wrote:
    This is probably just a case of bad luck.

It's probably an internal failing in the TS3 engine. Probably nothing to do with patches or computer specs or even mods, etc.

Basically, the engine appears to have 'lost track of her'. Lots of people suffer from this sort of thing, Sims suddenly turning invisible, becoming unselectable, etc.

I think most people export the family. However, bare in mind that you lose all current unfulfilled wishes; however, on the plus side, they get spammed with new wishes when you reimport them.

I think you do it from Edit World, there will be some kind of option to export/save your household to the library (something like that). I think people generally choose the option to save/export the house to. Then they use the bulldozer tool to completley demolish the house they lived in, but leave the empty lot there. Then, you just move your household from the library back onto the plot and exit Edit World and carry on.

That fixed it for me. Now that I run errortrap and overwatch, I do not have these issues anymore. Y'all should both be running them.

Thanks! I have errortrap and overwatch. But hopefully next time I can catch them talking to decent into the future. :)

Oh good news, yesterday I just found out my daughter going to have a baby girl this summer. I am so excited. Tomorrow I will give you the name. Now I got three grandsons and one granddaughter on the way. <3

9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    EA and the game didn't make the household seasonal. I did by mistake because the kids wanted an Easter Egg hunt and I didn't set it up properly. Sorry I thought I mentioned that on here, so that was a player glitch.

I did save as new game and it resolved the situation. So thanks for that advice. :)
    Wow, okay thanks for explaining. You do some adventurous things in your game. I think I will try some of that, of course, making sure to give the experiments totally new save names so I can fall back. Very interesting idea.

If anything, I'm a bit of a mad scientist when I am playing sometimes. :grimacing:

@MiaSkywalker's mention of deleting memories was timely for me. I had gone through old games and got the free store gifts that come with memory badges. Thank you for that! :heart:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »

Lol @Radlee I swear you and I are always on the same wavelength...after catching up on the posts, everything I want to comment on you beat me too it and always say what I wanted to say (albeit much more articulately than I ever could ;) ) so too everyone that Radlee commented to, ditto for me! :D

it is so funny that you should say that, because i've had the same thought about you! we must be on the same wavelength somehow :)
    I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but there is a Sims 3 sale going on at Origin. :smiley:

thank you so much for sharing! now i have to decide if i'm going to buy, since the prices are 2 dollars more than they were during the Black Friday sale. I don't like paying a higher price then something has sold for previously! It's still a good deal, though, and two dollars isn't a huge amount of money... but still.

@SemaviLady‌ wow your laptop sounds amazing! i have to watch my drool or i might destroy my own laptop ;)

@trithone‌ i love your farmer sim idea! feel free to post a picture of her and her cabin! keep us updated when you get a chance :)

@Pugslover4‌ aw a baby girl! how nice for your family. congratulations (again) and hugs!
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Radlee wrote: »
    @SemaviLady‌ wow your laptop sounds amazing! i have to watch my drool or i might destroy my own laptop ;)
    Hee, thank you. I was always a desktop believer, but in the past years, a progressive genetic birth defect has lead to a life where mobile devices are sometimes more accessible to me. I've often posted about using a Kindle to stalk DD and the forum.

Time has arrived where the architecture of laptops for gamers, has not only advanced to be more TS3 'simmable' but has become more affordable (They used to be several K USD in the past--a major Owie for us on limited incomes/retirement. Over the holidays, my machine was less than $1500 on sale, not counting taxes and other fees). Still a bit steep for me; I never imagined I'd have a machine like this but I have a very supportive family so I really lucked out.

You may all know of Stephen Hawking who has ALS, a rather scary disease with a basis in genetic motor neuron disease. There is a spectrum of genetic disorders with similar etiologies and I've had issues with these since birth--so I'm used to the surprises and downtime in the hospital. As I age, unpredictable degenerative changes come more quickly. So mobility issues had become the mother for my need for a portable simming machine. I'm basically a happy person. I've come to treasure the time I still have left and I am so happy to be sharing mucho simology with like minded peers from many walks of life! :smiley: I'm a very lucky person indeed! Thank you and this wonderful group. I don't want SIMpathy (haha!!) but would rather people continue to discover how strong and postiive each of us as individuals can be and how much STRONGER we are when we Sim together. I have a lot in my life to be thankful for, so just had to share this extra.

@AlphaFen, is that bubbly enough for you? Cheers! Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gif

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @SemaviLady Lol two of them! Thanks for sharing with us I am sorry you are having to deal with such an illness. You have such a great and inspiring attitude (and terrible puns ;) ).

@pugslover4 (*) Congratulations on a Girl (*)

@MiaSkywalker Thanks for the advice on memories. I only twigged recently that they might be a problem and disabled them, I will make sure I delete them.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    tinkknitz wrote: »
    @ajaxpost&quot; Daylight Savings Time" :dizzy_face: Spring Forward! Duh.

Hey, I found it again #674 on Feb8 for 741 pts.
    I am tempted to try for that just so I don't mess up again, going round and round

Sorry if my numbers are wrong, going back and forth between screens. I am being distracted by a flock of about twenty robins outside in the yard all trying to sit on the rim of my heated birdbath.
    A heated birdbath! What a lovely idea <3

A 'Doh!' from me too - I checked the 'Repeat List' tab in the spreadsheet and somehow managed to see only two of the three entries for the Grove! :confounded:

But thank you so much for the gift, very kind of you :blush:
    Oh good news, yesterday I just found out my daughter going to have a baby girl this summer. I am so excited. Tomorrow I will give you the name. Now I got three grandsons and one granddaughter on the way. <3
    Excellent, exciting news :)

Finally, may I echo @AlphaFen's sentiments, thank you @SemaviLady for sharing your story. You are right that joining together, understanding more about each other, with all our differences, makes us all better and stronger as individuals. There is no single 'perfect life' template that we could or should all fit into; we need to be different so that we can all learn and grow.

So I will be very cheeky and borrow your bubbly cheerleader, and join in raising a cheer for this beautiful group of people Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gif

• AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    @MiaSkywalker - Oh my, does the townies have memories too? What a horrible idea by EA! I have played so little, so I'm curious about what the memories will say. :(

Thank you for letting us know. Guess I'll have to erase them, if I want my play between saves to be more than 5 Sim minutes...
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I've been busy and not caught up on the thread, but is the Sale page missing for anyone else? I can't get to it from the main page, and I got a weird error for it when my usual tabs loaded.

Edit: oh, the DD page too! An internal server error.

Edit 2: the MMAO seems to be broken too. It just churns and churns and never creates an offer.
    Post edited by Cogitotoro on
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I recently asked about which files I could delete to make my game take up less space on the computer. I got a lot of helpful responses here.

Thanks. The simpoints we use to purchase store items are what I'm talking about. The ones we get from watching the bonus ads or buy. 2 weeks ago I had over 500 simpoints. I then dropped down to 78 simpoints last week. I did not purchase anything last week from the store as I wasn't home to purchase. So my simpoints disappeared somewhere.

And since the store is down again there's not much I can do at the moment except wait.

No what I"m mentioning about the folders......I had a borked game. So I was advicsed to go to documents/Electronic Arts/ Sims 3 and rename that and generate a new folder with new game. Right now I have like 15 old folders, but there are families and houses that I want to retrieve from the old folders and put into the new folder, so I have no idea what of those old folders I can delete right this very minute though.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top