Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    BTW: Messages have also disappeared from the top bar too if anyone has noticed. Checking launcher, there's no way to sign in from there as well because log in box has disappeared.
  • Options
    DeonaDeona Posts: 104 Member
    I'm having the same problem! It doesn't show how many sim points I have.
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2015
    Okay, my number of simpoints that I have also isn't showing, or messages, gifting etc. I know how many I had, and I just had 3 adverts, so I know how many should be there. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon, alot of the simpoints were from adverts, but not all.

I've just looked at my wishlist and seen that I have been gifted, so I edit this message to say thank you, I don't know who you are YET, but hopefully soon, so a big thank you to you, whoever you are :-)
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    I contacted EA Chat about the Header not showing for us. I logged the errors on my Java Console and sent the info along. The Rep. verified the issue and said he's kicking it upstairs, should be back to normal soon. (whatever that means? ;) )
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    I contacted EA Chat about the Header not showing for us. I logged the errors on my Java Console and sent the info along. The Rep. verified the issue and said he's kicking it upstairs, should be back to normal soon. (whatever that means? ;) )

Awesome- I was just waiting for the EA chat, but my wait was still 50-55 minutes :o Thanks for reporting it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Awesome- I was just waiting for the EA chat, but my wait was still 50-55 minutes :o Thanks for reporting it.
    It may not be necessary, but do as you want. I told him there's a large number of effected people that can't buy from the store (No Cha-Ching till its corrected) & that he's going to have a mini-riot on his hands soon, so go kick IT outta bed & get her done! >:)

Edit: whoa! It was just a 5 min. wait when I made contact. Yeppers, a LARGE number of effected people!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Guy on the phone said that they just got a couple hundred calls and reports about the issue and are currently checking on it.

BTW: you can still click on ads and get the SPs which will show up. An ad popped up while I was on phone with him and he was able to check how many SPs I had and saw that the SPs went up while we were talking. But he did suggest no gifting or anything until this is resolved.
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    I don't even know if there is anyone there that can even tell if sales on the DD is down because of this issue. But there's no way to tell if I can afford to download something or not now
    If you click on "Buy SimPoints via: Mobile Phone Paysafe", you`ll see your SimPoint balance in the upper right corner of the next page (left to the thief image).
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    I don't have the mobile phone paysafe option...mainly I suppose because it's on my account that my carrier doesn't participate
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    What ads? I've had a grand total of 10 since NewYears Day!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Tahera wrote: »
    If you click on "Buy SimPoints via: Mobile Phone Paysafe", you`ll see your SimPoint balance in the upper right corner of the next page (left to the thief image).
    Excellent! Works perfectly. Thanks you very much for this workaround!

Edit: "Thanks you very much..." ? Fatfinger crisis. I need a timeout.
    Edit2: Looks like they're fiddling with the JS. Phooey.
    Post edited by LyrielSim on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I had over 300 SPs from ads in the past week

I never understood why some people get so many and others get none. Doesn't make sense. They should make a set amount for each person instead of Mary getting 300 sps in one day while Jane only gets 10 Sps from the ads. It doesn't really sound fair. But I don't work for EA so I"ll never figure out how they do stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm pleased about that with the ads @SpiderCrowWolf‌ I'm getting them back-to-back at the moment, haven't seen anything like that in a while.

Edit:
    Found you, thank you @charlotteprice‌ and @awellenbl‌ for the very generous gifts, they do help with two sets I'm looking to acquire for the wee ones.

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Can't decide if I want to get Beach Bummin' or not. My estimated price is 216 as I only own 26% and the discount isn't very high. This has been on sale page though right? I'm wondering if I should wait and hope it goes on sale for a few percent higher. It would help if I could see my simpoints to know just how many I have!
  • Options
    notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Can't decide if I want to get Beach Bummin' or not. My estimated price is 216 as I only own 26% and the discount isn't very high. This has been on sale page though right? I'm wondering if I should wait and hope it goes on sale for a few percent higher. It would help if I could see my simpoints to know just how many I have!

My too. I really only want to outfits so i can complete Quaint Cottage but i only onw 8% of beach bummin so do i or don't I?

Last night my MMAo broke. I got a deal for 50% but the timer wasnt there. i didn't really want the items int he deal but 3 hours later it was still on the broken clock deal.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Just follow Tahera's workaround to see your SimPoint Balance till they sort this issue:
    SimPointsPhone_zpsf09ef51a.jpg
    Post edited by LyrielSim on
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Just follow Tahera's workaround to see your SimPoint Balance till they sort this issue:
    SimPointsPhone_zpsf09ef51a.jpg
    Thanks for that handy tip :)

But, Wow! That's expensive!!

Normal TS3 Simpoint price: 500sp for £3 - Mobile price: 230sp for £3

Normal TS3 price: 1000sp for £6 - Mobile price 775sp for £10

... More than double the price!?!?! That is beyond exploitation! :flushed:
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Guy on the phone said that they just got a couple hundred calls and reports about the issue and are currently checking on it.

BTW: you can still click on ads and get the SPs which will show up. An ad popped up while I was on phone with him and he was able to check how many SPs I had and saw that the SPs went up while we were talking. But he did suggest no gifting or anything until this is resolved.

So the points from the 2 ads a more than likely in my account then. That is good to know. :)
    As far as I can tell, looking at my wishlist this morning I didn't see any new gifts that were gifted to me. As of 4pm CST, the header at the top showing your simpoints still isn't there.
  • Options
    I had over 300 SPs from ads in the past week

I never understood why some people get so many and others get none. Doesn't make sense. They should make a set amount for each person instead of Mary getting 300 sps in one day while Jane only gets 10 Sps from the ads. It doesn't really sound fair. But I don't work for EA so I"ll never figure out how they do stuff.

I agree that they should have set a limit to the amount of points you can earn from the ads in a day. Have it set to like 100 or 150 simpoints a day limit. That way more people would get the ads and would be better for even advertisers having more people watching the ads.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That workaround worked for me to see my points. I did get the points from the 2 ads this morning. :)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Current Deal
    361 ) I Heart The 50's / 540 / 1000 / 46% / 2 hrs
    Not part of any set or compilation
    The deal does not repeat on the list!

Upcoming Deals
    362 ) Beach Bummin' / 539 / 762 / 29% / 2 hrs
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the cheaper deal on the list! # 664 ( 616 sp)

363 ) Pastoral Perfection Stove / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hrs
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation
    The deal does not repeat on the list!

364 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 344 / 675 / 49% / 2 hrs
    Part of: Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat deal: This is a medium priced deal. # 99 ( 304 sp) = # 513 ( 304 sp) < # 364 ( 344 sp) < # 416 ( 456 sp)
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Thanks for that handy tip :)

But, Wow! That's expensive!!

Normal TS3 Simpoint price: 500sp for £3 - Mobile price: 230sp for £3

Normal TS3 price: 1000sp for £6 - Mobile price 775sp for £10

... More than double the price!?!?! That is beyond exploitation! :flushed:
    Oh noes! That's Tahera's tip, I just did the picture :p
    I didn't even glance at the pricing. Though, the extortion would explain their choice of a Thief picture on the page. Odd, my Simpoint package options (in USD) are the same as the usual Buy Simpoint page. That's awfully skewed.
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Got my free I Heart the 50's :D Next one will be Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set. Hope my phone will cooperate Wednesday
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    Got my free I Heart the 50's :D Next one will be Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set. Hope my phone will cooperate Wednesday
    (*) Congrats! Doin' a Happy-Happy Dance for you B)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I noted those mobile prices as well, my price was in euros, but still wohhhh...

I used to have alot of luck with the sim points ads, that stopped, it trickled away till it was on a par with what I heard to be usual on this forum. 4-8 ads over a 24 hour period, or at least the many times a day I would look, they didn't all work, over half lately were just a spinning cursor. I suspect this run of ads right now, is to do with the problems with the site.

I am getting adverts that are very strange, blue arrows in a circle, that do, using the double click method on play again, pay out simpoints. This is very strange though. I suspect my run on ads is very temporary. I've never understood how it works, I always clear my browsers history, after reading that that would help. (It's stopped already.)

For most of my years here, I never got any, I read about them, and wondered what people were talking about, as I didn't get them. I bought the sim points from the shops.

Editted for grammar, and to remove the plum.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top