Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    I've been trying to catch up on the reading in this thread as I worked the last 2 days. My gifts are now just showing up so hopefully I didn't jinx myself for saying this. Thanks all for the gifts. Second..........I have tried moving the items up and down on my list and the browser crashes every time I do it. Not just on one computer but any that I use. I used to be able to do it without problems but it seems that I can't do it now without crashing. Again I even tried at library and get the same problem, and therefore it is tedious but I can understand the one poster who says she has to remove from the WL and add again if she wants it at the top. I tried with the different browers and nothing works. And forget about iPhone, I can't even delete bought items from my WL through the iPhone. I'm sorry that I have so many issues with my account.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Deleted the comment because I figured it out. It was simple. :smiley:
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @everyone who thanked me for the gifts........you are very welcome :p

Been a bit under the weather for a couple days now and not feeling like replying to individuals...sorry :s

I like your cinema @ajaxpost‌

@Pixieydust Hope you have a speedy recovery :)
  • Options
    @Pixidust and @charlotteprice hope you feel better. I've been having a hard time staying warm where I'm at.
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    spreadsheet team- is there a way to copy the "current rotation..." sheet and paste it into my own google spreadsheet? I just tried highlighting the sheet and copy/pasting, but the information was missing all of the values because they seemed to be referenced from other sheets... Does that make sense?
    --
    I also just tried copy and pasting the info from the master sheet, but it didn't carry over the regular price column or the percentage off column, which isn't the end of the world. I was hoping to have the times on my sheet though...

I want to add to what Samantha posted.

I don't suggest simply highlighting and pasting.

Copying the full version spreadsheet
    The easiest method, if you are using Google Sheets or Google Drive, is to copy the entire spreadsheet using File - Make a copy. I did this using my Google account that does not have any rights to the spreadsheet. If you cannot use File - Make a copy, you might be using an older version of Google Sheets. If you prefer to use Excel so that you can use the spreadsheet offline, use File - Download as.

You now have a copy of the full version which you can edit. You can delete any sheets you do not want with the exception of Current Rotation, Master List and Items. As Samantha wrote, the Current Rotation sheet depends on data on Master List. It also depends on the Item sheet.

On the Current Rotation sheet, do not delete the UTC column. Keep the column with your time zone and delete the other time zones.

Converting the UTC column to your time zone
    Edit to Add - Alternatively, if you do not want to have a UTC column and a column for your time zone, then you can convert ....

You can convert the UTC column to your own time zone so you can delete all the other time zones including your own.

Essential first step, you must change the time zone setting of the spreadsheet. Select File - Spreadsheet settings and then find your time zone in the drop down list of time zones. If you do not do this, the "current" notification in column A will not work properly.

Second step, change the time in cell H3 to the time the deal in row 3 would have started. Note when you double click in H3, the times are a 24 hour format. When you change the time, make sure you also have the correct date. Alternatively, you can find the current deal and change its start time from a formula to a fixed value. For example, if the current deal is in row 5, click in cell H5, copy the contents and use Edit - Paste special - paste values or right click in the cell and use Paste special - paste values . Adjust the start time from UTC to your time zone. Now you can delete the deals above without affecting the start time of the upcoming deals.

Use Slim Version Current Rotation Sheet
    If you only want the Current Rotation sheet, the slim version's Current Rotation sheet does not depend on any other sheet. I created it using copy - paste special - paste values. Master List is also included to rebuild the list for a 4th or subsequent rotations.

Follow the instructions above to customize the time zone; choose to have UTC and your time zone OR convert UTC to your time zone.

One other note about the spreadsheet, I have taken into account changes from daylight savings to standard time or vice versa depending on the time zone. If you convert the UTC column to yours, the time change will not be accounted for.

I hope this helps.

Edit - Why is it, I preview, read and re-read my post numerous times before I save the comment and post it? Then I read it on the forum and find more errors.

Thank you for the info on converting the UTC time--- exactly what I needed! My own little DD sheet will be humming along in no time :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited January 2015
    @NagyGina‌, yes I have the PC one, but I just don't know where it came from as it isn't showing up on my purchase history, the downloads section of the launcher or in my download folder on my computer. It was when I was getting my Sims house decorated in Aurora Skies right after I brought the world when I noticed it. So I'm thinking it either was attached to one of the other sets that I brought from the store or a world that I downloaded from the exchange back in October. I brought AS from the MMAO in December. So I've been trying to figure out where it came from. I'm thinking also thinking that it might had been attached to the world from the exchange even though the fountain is not listed as one of the items used in the world. And I had missed Saturday's DD when it came up for 125 SP so that I could buy it so it will show up as being owned as I was out at the time it showed up.

Here is a couple of pictures I took just to show that I have it in my game... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

edit: I just tested my theory on rather or not the fountain came with the world from the exchange by uninstalling it but the fountain was still in the game. So that means that it had to be attached to something from the store.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    haldechick02haldechick02 Posts: 31 Member
    Who's got two thumbs and is doing the Smustle dance? THIS GIRL! MMAO finally coughed up Midnight Hollow Gold for me -- only 14% off but I'd been waiting weeks and weeks, and had been hoarding my points. Honestly I didn't even notice what else it offered me, heh... some sort of traditional German looking dress and a man's hairstyle, I think. It took almost all the points I have (I have a whopping 36 points left! Woo!) but I am going to enjoy every dark and dreary second of playing in that world. ... ... I hope. Wouldn't it be a joke on me if the world is terrible?!

And thanks to a few gifts, I was able to get LLL over the weekend for under 300 points!

Big thanks for everyone on this thread for being so generous with your time tracking the deals, generous with your points by gifting, and for just being so awesome. I've not caught up on the thread in about a week, but skimming through shows many a health problem with a few of you -- I hope that everyone is starting to feel better, recover, and be on the mend.
  • Options
    Is anyone else having issues with not seeing how many simpoints they have or is it just only me again as usual? Ack, I have tried many different computers at home and at library, on my phones, cleared cache to browswers, logged out, logged back in, restarted computers etc etc and I have no idea how many SPs I have.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Is anyone else having issues with not seeing how many simpoints they have or is it just only me again as usual? Ack, I have tried many different computers at home and at library, on my phones, cleared cache to browswers, logged out, logged back in, restarted computers etc etc and I have no idea how many SPs I have.

I just noticed that too. It's not showing me how many simpoints I have either so I'm not sure if I got the points from the 2 ads I just got or not.
  • Options
    @everyone who thanked me for the gifts........you are very welcome :p

Been a bit under the weather for a couple days now and not feeling like replying to individuals...sorry :s

I like your cinema @ajaxpost‌

@Pixieydust Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

I hope that you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    It's so frustrating. I got 10 ads and not even sure if I"ll be awarded the points now. Trying to get EA to give support on something is horrible. I hope they get this fixed soon.
  • Options
    Maybe if we who have problems send in a ticket and have them call us back we'll get some resolution to this. Although I doubt it, it's EA we're talking about but worth a try. One person only complaining won't get anything resolved, I"m sure
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited January 2015
    @SpiderCrowWolf My Simpoints have disappeared from the top of the SimStore too! I hope it will still let me buy things anyway there are a couple of daily deals coming up that I want.

Edit I can't decide whether to put daily deals that I want or need :p
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • Options
    I don't even know if there is anyone there that can even tell if sales on the DD is down because of this issue. But there's no way to tell if I can afford to download something or not now
  • Options
    The dd that I'm watching for comes up tomorrow morning between 4 and 6am for me which is everyday-hot summer days. So far I found 2 ads to pay for it and need to find 245 more points in ads. I hope I can find them.
  • Options
    I"m still trying to get my account fixed by EA and they aren't even responding to me. This account has been messed up for days. You would think that I'd hear back after 4 days on an issue.
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    I don't even know if there is anyone there that can even tell if sales on the DD is down because of this issue. But there's no way to tell if I can afford to download something or not now

I also cannot see my sim points at the top of the screen, however, I was able to purchase the "ancient mosaic rug" anyway and it shows the correct DD price in my purchase history.
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    So you aren't having the problem with SPs not showing @wittanthony1?
  • Options
    calents wrote: »

I also cannot see my sim points at the top of the screen, however, I was able to purchase the "ancient mosaic rug" anyway and it shows the correct DD price in my purchase history.

That doesn't work for me though because I already own that item. But there are some coming up that I don't own and have no idea now if I have enough SPs. And like I mentioned several times, my store account is totally messed up that EA has still not got back to me on to resolve......surely after 4 days they should have resolved these issues for me.

• Options
    So you aren't having the problem with SPs not showing @wittanthony1?

I am still having the problem with not showing me my simpoints. I'm just guessing that I got the points from both of the ads.
  • Options
    I didn't Pay attention to how many simple white so I had before the ads and I really didn't pay much attention to how many ads.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Mine doesn't show the SPs either. If I go to "My Page" it brings up the "oops" screen.
    They must be working on it :o
    It doesn't even show any of the top left. Cant even check to see if you have a gift waiting on you :o
    I hope everyone gets their gifts others gifted!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I do know that they have never got back in touch with me about my messed up account and I am really getting worried about this part
  • Options
    On phone with them about my account...not showing up on their end either. They said they can't fix if no one reports and they need others to report as well.
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member
    Is anyone else having issues with not seeing how many simpoints they have or is it just only me again as usual?

I can't see my simpoints, got only 1 ad in the last six days, and "My Page" gets a 404 error code. :/

I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top