Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    Pixieydust wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I just wanna Ted to let you know how much I've missed you all!! I went to the Enron we'd. They said I have influenza a and will be here probably til Tuesday, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Sorry so short. I'm totally exhausted. I have missed you all and the fun here. I do have my kindle now...too bad I can't do much. Lol will post later!! Bunny hugs!!

oh pixiey, i'm so sorry you have the flu! my doc thought i might have the flu when i went in for tests, even though i got the flu shot this year. turns out the flu strain this season mutated so the shot isn't as effective, so it's a bad year for the flu this year. please drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest and get well soon!
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    Now this is the part where I show how some key presses can make the above view of the Awesome Spreadsheet much more readable. The HEADER (or top of page two), is a fixed element of the spread sheet, and on a small screen it prevents being able to see the columns going down, and it is kind of tough to see the left to right values unless you resize and or use a full screen.

I work on the sheet and didn't even know you could do that. That will be very helpful on my laptop! Thanks!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Oh @Pixeydust so sorry you had to be hospitalized :'( Let them take care of you and get better soon. You are in my thoughts. <3
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Hi everyone. I just wanna Ted to let you know how much I've missed you all!! I went to the Enron we'd. They said I have influenza a and will be here probably til Tuesday, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Sorry so short. I'm totally exhausted. I have missed you all and the fun here. I do have my kindle now...too bad I can't do much. Lol will post later!! Bunny hugs!!

Hope it doesn't last long for you and you feel better soon. :)
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @Pixieydust - Take care of yourself and feel better soon. Love and hugs -Dee <3
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    spreadsheet team- is there a way to copy the "current rotation..." sheet and paste it into my own google spreadsheet? I just tried highlighting the sheet and copy/pasting, but the information was missing all of the values because they seemed to be referenced from other sheets... Does that make sense?

--

I also just tried copy and pasting the info from the master sheet, but it didn't carry over the regular price column or the percentage off column, which isn't the end of the world. I was hoping to have the times on my sheet though...
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    I haven't tried to copy the whole page, but I copy individual lines all the time. I paste them into an OpenOffice sheet where I'm tracking the deals I'm interested in.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member

Oh gosh, Pixiey I am so sorry to hear this! I was hospitalized last year and it was no fun at all. :( I hope you feel better soon! I am glad you at least have your kindle now so hopefully you won't get too bored.
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    spreadsheet team- is there a way to copy the "current rotation..." sheet and paste it into my own google spreadsheet? I just tried highlighting the sheet and copy/pasting, but the information was missing all of the values because they seemed to be referenced from other sheets... Does that make sense?

--

I also just tried copy and pasting the info from the master sheet, but it didn't carry over the regular price column or the percentage off column, which isn't the end of the world. I was hoping to have the times on my sheet though...

I will try to help, though my knowledge is limited. I update the sheet, but I am still learning how the design of it works.

The current rotation sheet requires the master sheet as several of the values it requires come from there. Unfortunately you will have to have both pages for the current rotation sheet to work.

I had never tried to copy the sheet when I am not logged in to it as a team member. I just logged out and tried it - couldn't even get copy to work, so you are further than I am on that one. If you do get it to copy, you may need to use the "paste formulas" function rather than just regular paste. Perhaps that is why the columns didn't work when you pasted them?

Alternately you can download the spreadsheet (a function that is under the file drop-down menu when you are on the sheet) and then change your own version of the sheet as you like. If you don't want to download the entire huge spreadsheet, there is the slim version Jodi created last week.

a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    First of all, I wish to thank those who entered our little giveaway (our second go around)! On behalf of @WhimsicalWind and myself, we would like give our congrats to the winners, @LadybugLeslie (Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes & Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection) and @Nonsequitorian (Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection). Thank you both for playing! Also, we still do have the 2 codes for the Chocolate Fountain if anyone is still interested. :D

@simgeek79, I am glad that you were able to work out that duplicate purchase. I am wondering if they tried to tell you that they were doing that as a "one time courtesy," for they have said that for so many of us? I am also quite glad that you followed up and were able to obtain the Ultimate Sims 2 Collection for free *does happy dance*. I also did not get an email on that, but luckily @WhimsicalWind (Nathan) was able to find a posting about it (and I think it may have been someone from Steam). Also, Yayyy to owning the cinema and the comp for so little!! ;)

@SemaviLady - The Origin Humble Bundle was a great thing that EA put out, especially for those who did not own the Sims 3, but even great because it offered Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff, plus Date Night (for any simmers needing it). It also included Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, Dead Space, Crisis 2 Maximum Edition, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Medal of Honor, and the Mirror's Edge (all for such a low price that it just did not seem feasible). I do so hope that Origin will do another Humble Bundle in the future and include Sims 4 (which I cannot climb on board, knowing that it is such a downgrade from Sims 3), but wrapped in a bundle with other games, I can overlook that aspect. ;)
    -As for owning the whole store, MMAO is not the best reference, because many of the newer sets, items and venues are not available through MMAO. It also does not include 2 single items (which have been out for nearly as long as the store has been open, before MMAO). However, I got that lovely spin of congrats, following my last free exclusive (those are the ones that are offered for free - one at a time after owning most of what MMAO offers) . I was fortunate to have all gold worlds marked as owned, but I bought probably 85-90% of those singles all through MMAO (not free though, and they, along with the only sets/venues MMAO offers, had been finished off weeks before that popped up).
    -Also your detailed post of viewing the spreadsheet is awesome! I often clicked buttons, whereby I would only see 3 lines of the dd, and had to open the master to view them all. Now I know what to do if I accidentally toggle. Thank you! :D

@lisasc360, I was curious if the chocolate fountain that you own is the premium content item or the decorative item that comes in one of the wedding sets? If it is the decorative item, it is a completely different item, and you cannot interact with it like you can for the PC item.

@J8K9, So glad that you did not miss the Hibiscus Trio this time. And I think it is an important matter, because we all get all giddy happy when everyone is getting good deals and what they want. Happiness spreads!! :D

@KSkywalker4571, I commented on your post to my wall with tips to get Lucky Palms Gold marked as owned. In case it had not notified you. Good luck, I hope you can get it off that MMAO, interchangeable with LMAO. :P

@Everyone that got LLL for free/cheap: *Happy Dances!* :D

@CandiG, Welcome to the DD threads, and you no longer have to lurk, I do not think anyone bites here, although the deals do nibble away your sp. Thank you for that info about your MMAO offer. I hope that is a glitch that will not be fixed for all! :)

@ajaxpost, I love your cinema pics! And as @awellenbl said, "please say you'll upload it." :D

@Pixieydust, I really do hope you feel better soon! We miss you too! Big Pixel Hugs! <3

May the buttons be Green and the deals be Cheap! Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Oh no @pixieydust get better soon.
    I've been live tweeting the golden globes so i'm doing some forum catch up, I got a green download button on Coffebean hipster loft - Only had 25%. I didnt really want the set but at least it will stop coming up in MMAO.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    @nagygina and @whimsicalwind Thank you ! I'm sure my sims will have a blast surfing and hanging out in their beach clothes!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    I had never tried to copy the sheet when I am not logged in to it as a team member. I just logged out and tried it - couldn't even get copy to work, so you are further than I am on that one. If you do get it to copy, you may need to use the "paste formulas" function rather than just regular paste. Perhaps that is why the columns didn't work when you pasted them?

Alternately you can download the spreadsheet (a function that is under the file drop-down menu when you are on the sheet) and then change your own version of the sheet as you like. If you don't want to download the entire huge spreadsheet, there is the slim version Jodi created last week.

Paste formulas!! I had never heard of that! If that doesn't solve my problem, I'll download it as you suggested. Thanks for the quick reply.
    NagyGina wrote: »
    First of all, I wish to thank those who entered our little giveaway (our second go around)! On behalf of @WhimsicalWind and myself, we would like give our congrats to the winners, @LadybugLeslie (Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes & Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection) and @Nonsequitorian (Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection). Thank you both for playing! Also, we still do have the 2 codes for the Chocolate Fountain if anyone is still interested. :D

Thank you both so, so much!! I really can't believe how amazing all of you DD stalkers are!
  • BlazonReaper24BlazonReaper24 Posts: 269 Member
  • tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    To the awesomenesses that keep the magic list.
    Y.O.U. R.O.C.K.
    I slept right through my first alarm (at the ungodly hour of 4am) but snagged Coffeebean Hipster tonight for peanuts. I am lined up for a couple more venues with Post-Its, calendar notations, and husband notifications.

I can't promise I will not miss another, but thank you all for the lost sleep, and long hours. ;)
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited January 2015
    @ajaxpost, that`s a GREAT building. Thanks for sharing your screenshots.

@Pixieydust, I really do hope you feel better soon!

Congrats to all those who had got a green dl button or made a good deal!

For those who want to know, we now are at deal:
    354 ) Everyday Casual Chic / 648 / 1337 / 52% / 2 hrs :D
    This is part of May 2011 Compilation
    This is the most expensive deal on the list! Repeat Deal: # 759 (378 SP) < # 628 (513 SP) < # 354 (648 SP)

Upcoming Deals:
    355 ) Pineapple Pottery / 14 / 31 / 55% / 2 hrs :D
    This is part of Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep), Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) and Quaint Cottage Collection
    The deal does not repeat on the list!

356 ) Demeter's end table / 14 / 41 / 66 % / 2 hrs (less than 231) B)
    This is part of Muse Luxury
    This is the cheapest deal on the list! Repeat Deal: #356 < #396 < #231 < #844

357 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 800 / 1987 / 60% / 2 hrs (less than 138) B)
    This is part of January 2013 Compilation, 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    This is a medium priced deal. Repeat Deal: #418 (570 SP) < #357 (800 SP) < #138

358 ) Ancient Mosaic Rug / 13 / 42 / 69% / 2 hrs B)
    This is part of Live, Laugh, Love and March 2013 Compilation

359 ) Tranquil Trickle Fountain / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hrs B)
    This is part of Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

360 ) That's my Dame Table Sculpture / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hrs B)
    This is part of The Jazz Age Living Room, Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear and February 2011 Compilation
    Have a nice day!
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @ajaxpost That is a great cinema, love the different coloured movie rooms.

@pixieydust Get better soon
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited January 2015
    --

I want to add to what Samantha posted.

I don't suggest simply highlighting and pasting.

Copying the full version spreadsheet
    The easiest method, if you are using Google Sheets or Google Drive, is to copy the entire spreadsheet using File - Make a copy. I did this using my Google account that does not have any rights to the spreadsheet. If you cannot use File - Make a copy, you might be using an older version of Google Sheets. If you prefer to use Excel so that you can use the spreadsheet offline, use File - Download as.

You now have a copy of the full version which you can edit. You can delete any sheets you do not want with the exception of Current Rotation, Master List and Items. As Samantha wrote, the Current Rotation sheet depends on data on Master List. It also depends on the Item sheet.

On the Current Rotation sheet, do not delete the UTC column. Keep the column with your time zone and delete the other time zones.

Converting the UTC column to your time zone
    Edit to Add - Alternatively, if you do not want to have a UTC column and a column for your time zone, then you can convert ....

You can convert the UTC column to your own time zone so you can delete all the other time zones including your own.

Essential first step, you must change the time zone setting of the spreadsheet. Select File - Spreadsheet settings and then find your time zone in the drop down list of time zones. If you do not do this, the "current" notification in column A will not work properly.

Second step, change the time in cell H3 to the time the deal in row 3 would have started. Note when you double click in H3, the times are a 24 hour format. When you change the time, make sure you also have the correct date. Alternatively, you can find the current deal and change its start time from a formula to a fixed value. For example, if the current deal is in row 5, click in cell H5, copy the contents and use Edit - Paste special - paste values or right click in the cell and use Paste special - paste values . Adjust the start time from UTC to your time zone. Now you can delete the deals above without affecting the start time of the upcoming deals.

Use Slim Version Current Rotation Sheet
    If you only want the Current Rotation sheet, the slim version's Current Rotation sheet does not depend on any other sheet. I created it using copy - paste special - paste values. Master List is also included to rebuild the list for a 4th or subsequent rotations.

Follow the instructions above to customize the time zone; choose to have UTC and your time zone OR convert UTC to your time zone.

One other note about the spreadsheet, I have taken into account changes from daylight savings to standard time or vice versa depending on the time zone. If you convert the UTC column to yours, the time change will not be accounted for.

I hope this helps.

Edit - Why is it, I preview, read and re-read my post numerous times before I save the comment and post it? Then I read it on the forum and find more errors.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member

So sorry to hear that @Pixieydust! Hope you feel better soon (*)
    Best wishes!
  • AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2015
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Aleta wrote: »
    Final memory shared, to get the 200 memories gift! :)

And got Full Hewnsman for free (and then the Charmingly Simple Kitchen Featured Look for free - but it was down to only the Apron Rack missing...)

Soon time for MMAO. What will the machine offer me, as it can't offer me Hewnsman sets any more? ;)
    Straw boater hats and caroler's sweater most likely. They showed up on every single MMAO I had yesterday!

Ha ha, I'm happy to get those, as I'm aiming at owning everything. Already got those. :)

The only thing that makes me irritated are deals with sets that I am about to get for free, or almost free... (And worlds I already own, as gold or not gold.)

India sets are coming strong now, and that is a long wait. It's somewhere at deal 900, where I finish that one off.

Edit: Happy to hear that I'm not the only one insane enough to still get up in the middle of the night to get my DD deal. :smiley:
    Post edited by Aleta on
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    @SemaviLady - I am going to add a link on the spreadsheet Welcome tab to your post advising how to adjust browser settings for best viewing of the spreadsheet. That is a great tutorial and I don't want it to get lost in the thread.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    @ajaxpost That's an awesome cinema.

@pixieydust I hope you get better soon!

Today is the first day of classes here, but because I got up super early yesterday for WoW, I find my self up super early again today. :disappointed: Hope I can make it through my late class! Looks like I'll miss Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes for class, too, but that's just as well. I somehow managed to have none of it, so it will have to late until later in the rotation.
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @pixiedust I sure hope you feel better soon and get out of the hospital soon. Hugs and chicken soup to you!

@ajaxpost Love the cinema pics. I do hope you will upload it. I recently used your Druids Well; link for anyone who wants to see it; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7748051 in a small world I turned into a vacation spot and it needed a fishing place and I remembered yours.

Happy Monday! It's raining here, which I guess is better than snow, so I will try to not be too cross today. Here's a :cookie: since its Monday, we made need it.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    @SemaviLady: Great tips on using the Awesome Spreadsheet; I love how everyone here helps out by chipping in and sharing their knowledge (*)

@Pixieydust: So sorry to hear you are having a rough time, hope you're soon on the road back to good health.

And thank you all for your generous kind comments on my little cinema lot. So far it is working quite well so I should be able to upload sometime soon this week :)
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    The theatre looks great @ajaxpost ! I only bought the cinema this morning and downloaded it but didn't get a chance to place it or check it out. If I had, I might have recognized the art work. Having seen your photos now, I can't wait to get back in the game and try making my own!! Thanks for sharing and do let us know when you upload it :smile:
    The Cinema Plumbob set adds some great items, most especially the Barrier To Entry doors and gates which can be used anywhere you want to control who gets into your lot. For example I can set the turnstiles at the main entrance to adults only or kids with green tickets and then each screen only accepts the appropriate colour ticket - but the combinations of allow and prevent are almost endless, you'll love it! :)

There's a great post which explains all the choices you could make: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/657529/barrier-to-entry-system-tutorial-from-basic-to-mind-blowing/p1

• AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Happy Monday! It's raining here, which I guess is better than snow, so I will try to not be too cross today. Here's a :cookie: since its Monday, we made need it.

I prefer snow, but the worst kind is when it is "raining sleet" - heavy snow just around the freezing point, that both sticks to your cloths, soaks you through and forces you to wade through sleet.

@ajaxpost - I agree with the others - great looking cinema. And the Druids Well was also nice, thank you @bekkasan for mentioning it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top