Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Thank you for the outfit @Duissane‌ a wonderful suprise :)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    Regarding the spreadsheet: It also works like any excel document. At the top / head of each column you can choose to have the document sort everything from A-Z. That is a great way to find every single object you're looking for, fast, and compare all the offers that are on the DD list for that object.

I've sorted the "Item" column and the "Part of Set(s)" column (respectively, can't have both at the same time, of course), so I think I have full control of the amazing, awesome spreadsheet, and which deals will help me the most.

When I started, I just wanted the sets and venues that I really wanted (and all worlds). Now, I'm more like after the whole store. It will help the MMAO offers too, I hope. But it's very irritating that you can never get the lost exclusives. I wish you could buy everything... Is it really that great of a sale point, that you can get an item that most other simmers will never get? Does it really matter that much to those simmers, that have the lost exclusive item?

And also big congratulations to the top students @MiaSkywalker and @kellycot1. Well done! :smiley:
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    note
    in the spreadsheet under the master tab, number 925 tile island links to the tile wall mirror
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have a question about Le Cinema Plumbob. I know it has nothing to do with the DD list but I know that a lot of helpful simmers are here usually :)

So the cinema costs 2080 sp.
    I own all items in the March 2013 Compilation except for the cinema and the compilation is down to 915 sp.
    The movie screen is on sale right now for 169 sp. If I buy the movie screen does it have an effect on the CYS discount of the compilation? Or do I pay more in the end? I know that CYS doesn't work for venues but I don't know how it works for compilations.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    Oh and thank you for the gift @Duissane <3

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited December 2014
    KleineMuff wrote: »
    I have a question about Le Cinema Plumbob. I know it has nothing to do with the DD list but I know that a lot of helpful simmers are here usually :)

I own all items in the March 2013 Compilation except for the cinema and the compilation is down to 915 sp.
    The movie screen is on sale right now for 169 sp. If I buy the movie screen does it have an effect on the CYS discount of the compilation? Or do I pay more in the end? I know that CYS doesn't work for venues but I don't know how it works for compilations.

The Movie Screen will take off about 215 sp from your CYS on the comp so you'll save around 45 sp if you buy it on sale

ETA I believe someone mentioned their CYS for the comp being 220 when owning both the Screen and the Barrier System in addition to Live, Laugh, Love
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    KleineMuff wrote: »

The Movie Screen will take off about 215 sp from your CYS on the comp so you'll save around 45 sp if you buy it on sale

Oh thank you! That isn't much but better than nothing lol

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Aleta wrote: »
    Regarding the spreadsheet: It also works like any excel document. At the top / head of each column you can choose to have the document sort everything from A-Z. That is a great way to find every single object you're looking for, fast, and compare all the offers that are on the DD list for that object.

I've sorted the "Item" column and the "Part of Set(s)" column (respectively, can't have both at the same time, of course), so I think I have full control of the amazing, awesome spreadsheet, and which deals will help me the most.
    So pleased that you're finding the Awesome Spreadsheet so useful. You are absolutely right, if you're familiar with Excel (other spreadsheets are available ;)) you can do all sorts of interesting things with it. Even better is that you can download it and load it up in Excel and customise it to do exactly what you want. :)
    Aleta wrote: »
    When I started, I just wanted the sets and venues that I really wanted (and all worlds). Now, I'm more like after the whole store. It will help the MMAO offers too, I hope. But it's very irritating that you can never get the lost exclusives. I wish you could buy everything... Is it really that great of a sale point, that you can get an item that most other simmers will never get? Does it really matter that much to those simmers, that have the lost exclusive item?
    Ah-ha! We have another one! >:)

Once you start stalking the sales you can't stop until you have it all! Welcome to Sims Store Addicts :smiley:
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Penndra wrote: »
    note
    in the spreadsheet under the master tab, number 925 tile island links to the tile wall mirror
    Thank you for finding that!

@‌spreadsheet team - I fixed the link. :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    What was the price for the Bohemian Garden? Just want to find out if it was a big mistake to decide to go to bed 30 minutes before it's time as a daily deal. :\
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    edited December 2014
    If I remember correctly, when I first looked here, I only wanted 3 or 4 things, some worlds and some small stuff. Then my friends at work gave me a whole pile of simpoint dvd cases for my birthday, I still hadn't spent them all and I recieved a rush of adverts, every day between 2am and 3am CET, more than I could click. I read here about everybody looking desperately for them, and wondered what was going on. The adverts stopped abruptely as well, after exactly one month, so I just figured they must rotate the offer every month to a different member. Then of course, we all started getting the adverts nearly all the time.

Anyway, back to the point, originally I only wanted Midnight Hollow and Sunlit Tides, and the shower from Serenity Retreat, but like @KleineMuff‌ one thing led to another. I'm still determined I do not want the whole store, I'm trying to stay focused, but somehow things seems to be going in another direction :smile:

So I'd like to thank @trithone‌, for the present, it was one of the things I'm trying to focus on, and it was an unexpected, but very pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    @Duissane‌
    thank you very much for the gift. <3
  • Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    sorry for the long post; i had a lot of catching up to do!

@kellycot1‌ big congratulations to you, erin; what an accomplishment! to complete your degree, having done so well, all while making that hardcore sims checklist of yours!? awesome!

@Duissane‌ thank you so much for the lovely gift-- what a pleasant surprise!

@calents congrats on making it through the 1st semester of grad school in one piece, let alone with a good GPA! in my experience, the first semester was the toughest, because of the transition, i think. :)

@notthecar‌ wow what a great mmao session! i'm working to get my cys on 5th avenue down, too, and Aurora Skies is the world i really want-- congratulations on getting such super deals!

@ximph i'm glad you're feeling better-- i'm sure i speak for the dd stalker community when i say you should take care of yourself before the list! we appreciate the work you do but want you to be well :)

earlier got a 40% off offer from mmao that included items from 3 sets i want (tutor of tudors, collectione stanke, and palace of versailles) and in my half-asleep state (at 430 am) i clicked the wrong button and lost the offer! :( Oh well, better luck next time!

stalk on, everyone!
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited December 2014
    @stephenhamburg
    Yeppers, me too. I came for the Premium/Top Shelf Items and now I'm hooked on the Stalking. Between the Great Advice/Tools and the Ad Points, most days I break even and occasionally I come out ahead of where I began. Sure makes me chuckle & T'is Fun!

@ajaxposter
    I Thank You for taking the time (once again) to post those How-Tos. Your explanations make using those tools created/maintained by all those Legendary Simmers (incl. you) easily understood & user-friendly. Thank goodness for those Tools 'cause both my Math-Fu and memory are pretty weak.

Edit: Amusing imho.
    I'm an early-riser, 'bout 4:30-5:00am. My very first SP Ad is usually for a Sporting Goods store. They must think I'm going fishing/hunting/jogging/etc. Hah! More like I'm fumblin' around for my first cuppa.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Wow, thank you so much for all of the congratulations! The sheer level of support is making me a little teary. :cry:

This is a really big deal to me, so I want to thank each and every one of you personally! I can't sit down and write long, heartfelt messages to ALL of you, but a HUGE thank you to @Jaceigh, @Ximph, @Sweet2, @charlotteprice, @ajaxpost, @frozenorangejuic, @trithone, @Pugslover4, @Tahera, @wittanthony1, @Nonsequitorian, @simgeek79, @dothesmustle, @calents, @awellenbl, @notthecar, @bekkasan, @Me1620, @Pixieydust, @MiaSkywalker, @stephenhamburg, @bcsmas, @JennaIsGhost, @Aleta and @Radlee! I hope I managed to include everyone there and got your usernames right.

I'd also like to add some slightly longer responses for those who it makes sense to say more to:

@charlotteprice, I really appreciate your congratulations, even though we don't know each other. That's the special thing about the Sims forums, in particular this DD thread ─ total strangers have shared in special moments with me and helped me get through my degree. That goes for all of you who I don't know especially well; I really, really do appreciate your support. :)

@ajaxpost, those traditions really are fascinating! I expected this to be much like my high school graduation but with the robes and mortarboard ─ instead we had the whole shebang! My boyfriend watched it on livestream and told me how it was very similar to his (which was in the US), but his ceremony didn't have the traditional mace (I think that's what it is anyway) at the start. There was something very special about the traditions, like they somehow made it more important! Definitely fun to dress up, although my robes were a nightmare ─ I'm such a tiny little person and they were HUGE on me, so much so that I could barely lift my weak little arms. I kept sitting on my 'wings' too! :p

@trithone, this isn't exactly to do with my graduation, but rather I'd like to congratulate YOU on joining the Own the Store Club! I'm so very proud of you for that achievement. It beats getting a degree ─ it's like getting a degree in your number one hobby! ;)

@simgeek79, I can't believe you remembered that I'm a little younger than everyone else! You must have an incredibly good memory. There could be other students my age, I suppose, but yes, I should generally be a year younger because I graduated high school earlier. Graduating at the top of my class really did feel extra special; kind of like that confirmation that just because I'm younger doesn't mean I'm not capable. I know that's a bit silly, but it only sweetens the deal! :)

@calents, I also want to congratulate you for doing so well and I hope you get the grade you're after on your final assessment. Good luck!

@bekkasan, I don't have much else to say but :hugs:. You're an absolute sweetie and I really appreciate you being a friend all of this time. Of course, it was YOU that helped me achieve my greatest accomplishment: owning the Sims 3 Store! ;)

@Me1620, thank you for everything, Jodi! I really do feel like you guys have been a huge part of me getting through this phase of my life. You've supported my education, listened to me whine, been there for me when I'm going stir crazy from essay writing, given me advice and, perhaps most importantly, given me a whole other world to enjoy! Sims has been a hobby for me for a while, but I don't think it became so important to me until I had this community. Now I have not just a hobby, but peers to share that with. I learn so much from you all and I can share so much with you ─ it's wonderful!

@MiaSkywalker, it really is rather impressive ─ or so my boyfriend keeps saying! I'm a little in shock to be honest. I knew I did well and I always know that I'm striving to do the absolute best I can, but it was so surprising that I received a special honour. Rather embarrassing, too, because I was just running through the instructions in my mind ("Walk quickly to line on ground, wait, receive degree, walk to in front of Chancellor, turn, nod, walk across stage with shoulders back and smile at camera") and then they interrupted the whole thing for the Chancellor to get out of her chair and hand me my degree and medal herself! It was so confusing at the time! :blush:

@JennaIsGhost, thank you for the kind words, long lost sister! I'm now trying to decide if I should celebrate my victory by joining you in some Desperate Housewives bingeing on Netflix. ;)

@Radlee, hehe, I'm amazed too that I managed to achieve so much with the checklist! It really helped keep me sane whenever I was up at 3am working on an essay and just need that 10-minute break! I couldn't really afford to jump in-game, but a little time wasting on the Store was okay... ;)

Now, I hope I haven't offended anyone ─ I really do appreciate ALL of your support and congratulations (even from those who have only thought it)! I just wanted to make sure that those Simmers who added slightly longer messages that I could respond to actually got a proper response. You've all been just so wonderful! Yay for Simming friends! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    I just want to say thanks for this thread. I started collecting Simpoints a month or so ago and the stuff I have been able to add to the game has been great. I wouldn't have been able to get so much if it hadn't been for this thread especially the DD rotation list and Stalker info thread. The hard work that must have gone in is much appreciated.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @Duissane Thank you so much for the gift!

@stephenhamburg Thank you I am installing it right now!

I recently started using a site called bubblews and decided to write a post about bonus sim points since I didn't see one by anyone else. Would anyone mind reading it and checking to see if I missed anything? http://www.bubblews.com/news/9717040-sims-3-store-bonus-sim-points
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @frozenorangejuic said:
    <Snips>
    > I recently started using a site called bubblews and decided to write a post about bonus sim points since I didn't see one by anyone else. Would anyone mind reading it and checking to see if I missed anything? h-ttp://www.bubblews.com/news/9717040-sims-3-store-bonus-sim-points
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... Just a humble suggestion from a newbie: Maybe add in something about that 'Like' requirement in some ads.

Some Ads request that you Like them on FB/Etc. Most often, if you simply wait a moment the Ad will Skip Over the requirement. Some Have a Skip Button for that part.

Again with the Like on FB/Etc. requirement: If you aren't currently logged into FB/Etc. then clicking the Like Button takes you to your Sign- In/Up page but, you don't need to Sign- In/Up, the Ad will still move forward. Handy if you really don't want to Like the product/service.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thank you @Duissane for the gift. When Hacienda Luxury comes up on the 28th I should get it for 50 pts according to Eliana calculator!! @Ximph I'm glad you're feeling better. Yes, sleep and food can certainly help with headaches. Funny thing though, because of the middle of the night deals lately I was only get about 4 hrs a night and while tired, felt generally okay. Last night I went to bed after buying Bohemian Garden (around midnight) and didn't wake until 8:30 so a good nights sleep but woke up with a terrible headache - I was like what the plum?!
    - @JennaIsGhost I am so thrilled you found that photo. I think the hard drive story was before my time here in the DD community but I am so happy you found it especially since you just lost your great grandmother - the holidays are always hard because it reminds us of who we've lost but at the same time it brings back those special memories of them and warms our hearts. I've missed you on the thread - your posts always make me smile. Enjoy your Netflix... I keep telling my husband to get it (I swear we're the only family I know that doesn't have it!)
    - @Radlee I don't see your long post, I only see your post apologizing for a long post... I've been having issues with my posts appearing empty or seeing empty posts where I am mentioned...I don't know what I am doing wrong but I would have liked to see your long post...I haven't seen you on here for a little while, I'm sure you've been super busy getting ready for the holidays, never easy and harder still with a newborn and a four year old!
    - @kellycot1 - yes, I do have a good memory for some things, my husband always says I remember the most obscure things and forget the important things like where I parked my car at the mall or where I've put things - lol - but I am so proud of you and that moment where the chancellor gave you the medal is absolutely priceless.
    -
    @ireneruthyablon the Bohemian Garden was on the Daily Deal for 646 points. You should check out the spreadsheet on Page 1 of this thread. It has several tabs showing all of the upcoming deals and how much they will be. As far as the current list goes, last night was the best deal for the Garden so you may want to wait until the list repeats again. The spreadsheet has been updated for the next couple of repeats so it shows days and times as to when it will appear again - just find your timezone

I will be OE for a little while, so much still to do for Christmas but making progress. Have a great day / night everyone :D
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    thank you @Duissane for the gift! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Also, @simgeek79 I don't think I ever thanked you for the gift you gave me a while back, which you shouldn't have done since it was YOUR Birthday when you gifted me! Sneaky. ;)
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited December 2014
    Lol - you're very welcome @Aaronsims - it's fun to be sneaky some times ;)
    -
    ETA: besides, it was thanks to you and Sweet2 I believe that recommended me to the Flashmob gang who continue to be so kind to me. I am so sad that I didn't stumble upon them sooner. They seem like a great group too...a very kind and generous community just like this one <3
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Thank you so much @Duissane for the gift, what a lovely outfit and a nice surprise to come home to after a long and not entirely pleasant day.
    In other news I have made my target for my next wanted item with three days to spare so might even be able to get a set I have my eye on if the ads come up. Hope everyone is having a very pleasant Saturday xxxxx
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Thank you for the bed @LyrielSim your message made me laugh! XD I am such a night owl that getting a sim bed is almost better than a real one lol!!

Feeling good this morning, thanks everyone for all the well wishes!!

My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @JennaIsGhost, thank you for the kind words, long lost sister! I'm now trying to decide if I should celebrate my victory by joining you in some Desperate Housewives bingeing on Netflix. ;)
    I would saaaayyy, definetly do so! ;)

simgeek79 wrote: »
    - @JennaIsGhost I am so thrilled you found that photo. I think the hard drive story was before my time here in the DD community but I am so happy you found it especially since you just lost your great grandmother - the holidays are always hard because it reminds us of who we've lost but at the same time it brings back those special memories of them and warms our hearts. I've missed you on the thread - your posts always make me smile. Enjoy your Netflix... I keep telling my husband to get it (I swear we're the only family I know that doesn't have it!)
    The hard drive story was such a mess and even the process afterwards was a mess. I'm sure someone on here remembers how enraged and upset I was. Lol!
    I agree about the holidays being a hard time when it comes to the loved ones we've lost. It still seems odd to be that my gramdparents aren't around. Especially since my parents, brother and I lived with them for so long. After my grandmother passed away, I would make sure to give my grandfather hugs allthe time. I hugged him every day until he went into the hospital and I thought about it the other day, I hugged him almost everyday for 5 years. Blows my mind it was that long becsuse it didn't feel like 5 years haha. Sure do miss those hugs.
    I've missed this thread, I've just been weird lately, not really been wanting to get on the pc much and staying in bed until I need to get up haha. I had about 8 pages to catch up on. Oops. Haha!
    In felt that way about Netflix too, I was convinced we were the only people that didn't have it yet. Haha!!
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    > @Ximph said:
    > Thank you for the bed LyrielSim your message made me laugh! XD I am such a night owl that getting a sim bed is almost better than a real one lol!!
    >
    > Feeling good this morning, thanks everyone for all the well wishes!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are totally welcome. I'd hoped it might cheer you up just a little. Chuckles & coffee are what keep me going when all else fails. I'm glad you're getting well, a few other posters & folks I know in RL are experiencing miserable colds, too.

Everyone stay healthy & strong 'cause Flu Season is ON: h-ttp://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm
    From what I've read/heard, this year's flu shot, even the Quad, missed the primary strain (H3N2) currently going around.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top