Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Documentation for Scripting Mods?

LPentLPent Posts: 147 Member
@SimGuruModSquad I was wondering if at some point there will be made available official documentation or a wiki regarding scripting. Assuming there is some sort of API?

Comments

• MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2014
    Since you don't have member status yet, I'll tag them for you: HEY! @SimGuruModSquad!

There you go.

I believe, based on Grant's blog post about his interaction with SimGuruModSquad, that a document will be released "soon". Here's the blog, if you want to read it: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=416
  • LPentLPent Posts: 147 Member
    Thanks!
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey LPent.

There is documentation coming for script and tuning mods. However, we aren't going to include a full description of all our python APIs due to the amount of code, so there will be some disassembly required on your guys' end. Then if there are specific APIs you guys need more information about, I will see what I can do.

The documentation will discuss tuning data formats and an overview of how to make tuning and script mods. I expect you'll find this information very useful!
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Oh snap. You guys are fast.

Thanks a million, SGMS!
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    I can't wait to see what is offered, given the circumstances presented to us.

• jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    It's now a closed sticky, as of Sept 5.