Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jon's Junk

JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
edited September 2014 in CAS Custom Content
Hello! As it is the fad of the moment, I guess I should be posting some of the CC I've been making for myself.

WIP removed, finished now
Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
xyIcMqt.png
Post edited by Jongarakun on

Comments

• MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Very well done. You may also want to consider a negative image version. Dark-skinned people (and some lighter-skinned people) with noticeable vitiligo have very pale spots, instead of dark ones.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you! =3 And yup. I wanted to get the first version done first though, so I wouldn't have to go over and redo the corrections in the second version... not to mention, the dark version works as a skin overlay, and the light version is a tattoo. Still have to fix the issues with them connecting at the "seams" as seen below (as well as making it just a touch more transparent):
    9pszzd.jpgix8rqs.jpg

i2lzy0.jpg
    I love teeny lipstick. =u=

2v15c1c.jpg11b0ugm.jpg
    Almost as much as I love painted-on eyelashes!

156wzmo.jpg

2rze5qv.jpg
    The flapper inspired look altogether...

Probably won't open these for download until I can figure out how to make them nondefault without making the game crash. Bah! =[

Was also working on braces, tooth gaps, and gold teeth, but I'm still tooling around with making teeth edits even visible. Teeth never get enough love!
    Post edited by Jongarakun on
    xyIcMqt.png
    When it comes to seam work, this might help. It's the exact correct size, so you can just plunk it over your DDS to see where things line up.

UXQISfA.jpg
    Oooh! Ty, that will be a very nice help. =]
    xyIcMqt.png
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Johngarakun - I learned the hard way that if you want to edit sim teeth, you can clone from the mole or freckle skin details. ;)
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
    @MomGinny: I already figured that out, and I have them positioned correctly (I think), but they still aren't showing up. =/ I'm gonna have to tool around with it later. Thank you, though! =]
    xyIcMqt.png
    Woo! Thanks to your help, I finished the vitiligo overlays/tattoo and the braces!

2465g6s.jpg
    wvahx2.jpg
    The light patched version of vitiligo turned out a little too transparent, so I'm going to make it a bit more opaque. Then I'm done with these. ^^ Works fine for men and women, all shapes. Tiny bit of mismatch on their left shoulder (our right) that I think blends well enough for me to fiddle with. (I'm a little tired of working on these)

e7cwtw.jpg
    And now, the braces. They look pretty hideous and low-res... but are alright if you're just going to use them for a metallic gleam in a sim's mouth.
    xyIcMqt.png
    I love your stuff.

And I doubt you can get anymore high res than that for teeth overlay. The teeth texture is tiny. I guess they never figured anyone would bother with them...
    Thank you!! <3 That means a lot, I've been following the modding progress you've been making and I've been super impressed. =]

Ach, yeah, what a shame, a lot of my CC ideas were going to be teeth related. =/ I wonder if a high res version exists in the full game? (I know there were high res skins for TS3, maybe a similar map will be in TS4)
    xyIcMqt.png
    Probably not as it stands now. It's possible that could change in the future, though. And thanks! I'm quite proud of what I've done so far, but there's a few technical limitations stopping me from REALLY doing what I want. In my case, though, I'm just waiting on more robust modding tools. ;)
    It occurs to me that when the inevitable expansion comes that adds Vampires (whether a "Late Night" style or a "Supernatural" style expansion), I bet the teeth get an upgrade!
    @Maclimes: I feel ya. (Your Batman costume was superb, btw!) And that's a very good thought, I hadn't even put two and two together! XD

@rosemow: Thank you! ^^

I will probably hold off on making CC until I get the game tonight. Then I'll work on converting a few of mine over and maybe cleaning up this thread, the huge images are driving me bonkers.
    xyIcMqt.png
    Hmm... kinda curious if anyone here knows about this. I've been experimenting with face overlays for eyes, so we can have an effect like bloodshot eyes that will apply to any eyes your sim has on. I can't get them to show up, though. The file is working fine, I tested it on the forehead and teeth, and they showed up. Just not the eyes. I'm wondering if it's not possible, or if I just have it positioned wrong... (I do have it matching up with the eyeball exactly, though)
    xyIcMqt.png
    What base item are you cloning from? Not all items override the eye color, even if you include the eye in the alpha channel. I've noticed Makeup and Tattoos DO NOT, but Hats and Clothes DO. (I'm not sure about Face Details).

I would recommend you use my Mask tutorial for cloning hats to make your bloodshot eyes.
    Interesting! I was trying it out on a few different face details, didn't even occur to me to try modified clothes. I'll have to read your tutorial again and see how it looks. =] Thank you!
    xyIcMqt.png
    Woo! Thanks to Maclimes, was finally able to get these working. (Ended up having to remake them, but oh well)
    2hhouc4.jpg
    Bloodshot eyes that are in the Hat section, meaning that they can go over any eyes you have downloaded, or any colour of eye.

b7xavd.jpg
    Was also working on some tooth gaps/maybe a bit more ragged looking of teeth. I'm not satisfied with it, but that's mostly just because of how low res it is, so I'm going to leave them be for now.
    xyIcMqt.png
    Thanks! =]
    xyIcMqt.png
    Those are great! Glad I could help!

You should call your series "Perfect Imperfections".
    Haha! XD That is rather catchy. Thank you! ^^

I've just started uploading things at my blog for ease, rather than spamming this thread.
    xyIcMqt.png