Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to use CC/Mods?

2...Next

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm hoping to minimize my CC and mods this time round to maximize performance. But I did use recolor CC in Sims 2, and I needed mods to make Sims 3 work. I'm sure I'll be using non-default-replacement recolor CC for eye colors, if that's easy to do; I hope there turns out to be enough choice in most other things that I won't need much for furnishings and clothing.

I do expect to use some mods, though. I'm keen on added career paths in particular.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Snosrap522 wrote: »
    I have found in the past I did not use all the CC I downloaded.

Same here. I go on CC shopping sprees, put it in my game, use it once, then delete it. Helps me get the need for CC out of my system without lagging my game down too much.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Yes, I am going to use them. I downloaded few C.C. for CAS demo. Eyes and clothes.
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    I'm waiting for NRaas type mods . I don't care about clothes. I'll be probably collect hairs and skins if EA hair will be not looked better
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    jobug1015 wrote: »
    There's no way I could make CC. I'm not that talented!!
    We all start somewhere. =) You could have amazing ideas that nobody else has put up yet! And I bet you that someone somewhere will -love- your content that you share, no matter how noobish. Speaking from experience. ^.^
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I've never been a big CC collector....except for CycloneSue's build items. I hope she'll be doing it again this time around.

As for mods....I never had to use them for game play...my game ran alright but I do like the mods that alter interactions and make game play more interesting.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    Based on how many people seem very displeased with the offering in the base game, I'm sure there are going to be a -lot- of mod users from the get-go this time around.

And I have feeling the entire community is going to be collectively praying that someone computer programming fan manages to hack Story Progression back in.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I never used cc in Sims 3 and only one mod (nomosaic), never felt I needed them. In 4 that may be different due to no CASt. And I saw there already is a body hair mod out there, chances are I want that too. And last but not least: as soon as a mod appears that replaces the white outlines by a more subtle tool to tell you can select something I most definitely will install that too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    I love CC but I've learned my lesson in TS3. We don't know what EA's gonna bring withing expansions. Remember the mermaids? Many players cannot see their tails because of some CC they've installed like custom tattoos and skintones. I was 1 of them and took a while to figure out what mods did the conflict/glitch to those tails. Also some custom hairstyles EVEN PROVIDED BY EA have that weird shower glitch. Your Sim shall be bald while showering or just auto-change to another hairstyle until finish and changed back to the casual outfit.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I won't be buying the game unless/until I see mods and CC that make it look like it's worth playing. I am impressed that it looks like the developers are trying to make it more mod friendly (than was Sims 3). I tip my hat to them for that effort. I just hope there a decent modders willing to work on it.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited August 2014
    I do not need story progression as I like rotational play but I will hope for a decensor mod they are only barbies after all.
    In Sims 2 and 3 I have used 1 set of default replacement eyes. I find the cc hair often looks bad in game.
    I do like decorative cc new walls plants and paintings and will have to learn how to merge my packages.
  • ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    Snosrap522 wrote: »
    I do not need story progression as I like rotational play but I will hope for a decensor mod they are only barbies after all.
    In Sims 2 and 3 I have used 1 set of default replacement eyes. I find the cc hair often looks bad in game.
    I do like decorative cc new walls plants and paintings and will have to learn how to merge my packages.

I'm just sad they didn't even bother putting in a limping version of Story Progression. Then people who didn't like it could turn it off, and modders could go on a field day with it. As it stands, I doubt modding is going to allow the addition of core features. I used to do programming several years ago, but Python and scripting are all but beyond me now, and I realize the time expense in working on a major mod like this just makes it unpalatable (which is why I'm sure nraas will keep his word and not mod for the Sims 4).

I definitely agree that decorative CC is probably going to be important. With no CASt system, I just feel like every single house and building people are going to make with vanilla assets are ultimately going to look the same. Every lot will be perfectly level and relatively the same size. There will only be so many sets of furniture to use, and since you can't recolor the furniture, you are kinda stuck using certain wall types to make it look half-way decent. You're basically stuck using EA's premade sets. They could have at least considered a -basic- CASt system, where you could pick from a color wheel or something.

Not good for lot builders, and not good for sharers, because you can't share lots with CC in it that everyone doesn't already have.

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I am I already got some good looking CC eyes I'm just waiting on the hair but I won't make all my Sims CC since some people don't like CC sims
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I'm going to stick with no mods or CC. Keeping it vanilla, just like I did with TS3. It would be nice if some future mods will inspire EA to add similar content to the game as part of an update or patch or something.
    original.gif
  • TempurranceTempurrance Posts: 44 Member
    I love how The Sims 4 looks without any custom content. With The Sims 3, I couldn't look at my Sims unless they had custom skin...haha

I'm going to play vanilla for a while and see what the modding community comes up with. ;)
    Still can't find Waldo...
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Turtlez98 wrote: »
    I'm going to stick with no mods or CC. Keeping it vanilla, just like I did with TS3. It would be nice if some future mods will inspire EA to add similar content to the game as part of an update or patch or something.

Umm... why? :) If you like the feature, why wait for EA to implement it?

Yeah, mods sometimes have bugs... but EA's stuff also sometimes have bugs... and mods sometimes fix EA's bugs :p Which means that even if you stick to EA for CONTENT, you'll be getting worse quality if you never use even bugfix mods.
  • Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    I think for me it's going to depend on the game. I loved Twallan's Story Progression mod and a few other mods, but I didn't use that much CC. We'll see how long it takes me to start hunting some down.
  • KHRFan4everKHRFan4ever Posts: 39 Member
    I probably will use them it depends what people make really.
    sims4sig001.png
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    @jobug1015

No I'm not going to use mods or CC. I'll take my chances with what EA gives me. I don't trust mods or CC, and the game will probably have enough problems as it is. I wouldn't care to much, but EA isn't going to release patches for mods that don't work, and nor do I blame them. Besides, they'll be plenty in the game without them, especially once I have all the expansion pack installed.

I never used mods or CC in the Sims 3, and I was fine.

I am somewhat interested in the mods that people make through, even if I will never use any of them in my game.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    I don't trust mods or CC
    tumblr_ls5g3hxHFb1qbhahp.gif
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    Yes. For me there will always be something that someone else creates that will make the game more fun and make my sims look better. Those who are paid by EA to create for the game tend to leave a lot of good stuff out. I even liked CC clothes more than the Store clothes and The EA creators just could not make a great looking hair. I hope that the modders will be able to create better looking hair. While the demo hair looks better than TS3 hair. It still lacks. I know the modders will be able to fix that. Plus I was into CASt in TS3, So I will be using the Color Magic mod a lot in order to be able to re-color clothes and anything else I can re-color with it. :D
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    @jobug1015

No I'm not going to use mods or CC. I'll take my chances with what EA gives me. I don't trust mods or CC, and the game will probably have enough problems as it is. I wouldn't care to much, but EA isn't going to release patches for mods that don't work, and nor do I blame them. Besides, they'll be plenty in the game without them, especially once I have all the expansion pack installed.

I never used mods or CC in the Sims 3, and I was fine.

I am somewhat interested in the mods that people make through, even if I will never use any of them in my game.

That is why when there is a problem with a mod people let the creator know about it. The majority of mod creator's will jump on it and figure out what is wrong and fix it. They are not like Ea where you ask them year after year to fix a tool that they put out for you to use and than act dumb when it stops working correctly and refuse to try and fix it. Heck they had a dress in the store that made the sim look one legged. They never took the dress out of the store and it was a Non Ea modder that figured out how to fix the problem.

• Considering that I modded Sims 2 past the moon, I'd think that it's likely a mod or two might make it into my eventual Sims 4 game folders. ;)

I've even created a few minor replacements for the demo, though they were all very nit picky and personal preference kind of things. I generally trust EA/Maxis to put out a base code and structure and for the modders to improve upon that base endlessly.