Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stand alone Create-A-Sim post-release?

One of my favorite things about the demo is that when creating mods, I can skip all the stuff before, and jump straight into CAS. I can quickly and easily test how objects look, fit, and even move.

It's not quite as easy as Body Shop for TS2 (where you could simply refresh to see the changes you made), but it's WORLDS better than the TS3 method of making a change, opening The Sims 3, waiting for load screen, selecting a world, waiting for load screen, selecting CAS, waiting for load screen, and THEN seeing if your new outfit looks good. Then exit the game and do it all over again.

So... will we have a standalone CAS (similar to the demo, but with all available clothing, ages, and options)?

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    That's what I'm hoping for... or like you said how TS2 was... I really don't want to have to wait for the entire game to load, load up CAS in game, etc. every time I want to test something...
    I hope we _at least_ can keep the demo for that purpose, if nothing else.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    I hope we _at least_ can keep the demo for that purpose, if nothing else.

Same here. It's made creating/testing so fast!

My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
    Yep, and if you click the loading screen animation at the maxis part and where it starts showing sims it makes it all the quicker too, it's pretty great how fast that goes.

Though... if we use just the demo to test I don't think we'll be able to test recolors of CAS items that aren't in the demo? I hadn't thought of that until just now :/
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    It's possible that files from the game (like the final clothes) will be able to be dragged over to the CAS Demo directory. Or in a more awkward fashion clothes from the main game could be added to the demo as mods.

I guess we'll find out in a week.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    (( :o )) <- That's me shaking with excitement. It's still kind of surreal to me that we only have to wait a week at this point.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
    Even though my birthday is on the 16th I probably won't have the game until Christmas, I sort of forgot that I might be working on recolors of the demo stuff for ages...

Also, even if we can recolor some of the stuff from full game and test it in the demo we'd only be able to test YA stuff, I think. I guess I can have someone work as a tester for me if it comes to it.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2014
    No word from up on high, @SimGuruModSquad ?
    edited August 2014
    That's weird. I thought it was supposed to tag someone when we typed it like that. @SimGuruModSquad.

EDIT: Nope. Bizarre.
    Maclimes wrote: »
    That's weird. I thought it was supposed to tag someone when we typed it like that. @SimGuruModSquad. <br />
    <br />
    EDIT: Nope. Bizarre.

It will do that after your rank changes from new member to member.

Yessss, any input here from @SimGuruModSquad ?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hello! The flow to get into CAS for the full game is quite similar to the CAS Demo. i.e. intro videos->main menu->CAS. No need to load into a world first. So iteration time should be much improved over Sims 3, even on the full game.
    Hello! The flow to get into CAS for the full game is quite similar to the CAS Demo. i.e. intro videos->main menu->CAS. No need to load into a world first. So iteration time should be much improved over Sims 3, even on the full game.

Sweet! Thanks for the response :D
    HSon1Mq.png
    > @SimGuruModSquad said:
    > Hello! The flow to get into CAS for the full game is quite similar to the CAS Demo. i.e. intro videos->main menu->CAS. No need to load into a world first. So iteration time should be much improved over Sims 3, even on the full game.

Really? So on the Main Menu, we can skip straight to CAS? That's amazing!

Is there something similar for Build/Buy mode? (Also, what's that called now?)
  • JussyHJussyH Posts: 25 New Member
    Oh that is awesome to hear. I timed how long it takes for CAS to load if I click at the intro and straight away click play... 6 seconds! So much better than TS3, which wasn't too long, but still talking minutes.
    > @JussyH said:
    > Oh that is awesome to hear. I timed how long it takes for CAS to load if I click at the intro and straight away click play... 6 seconds! So much better than TS3, which wasn't too long, but still talking minutes.

I found TS3 to take forever. There are at least 3 big loading screens between opening the program and actually getting to play in CAS. (The initial game load, then the save/world load, then the CAS load itself).

It seems like the load screens themselves are shorter now, and you can apparently skip the save/world load screen. This is gonna save me a lot of time. (Now, if only we could get Body Shop...)
  • JussyHJussyH Posts: 25 New Member
    I hope the loading between lots is just as fast or not too much longer.