Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone teach me? Pretty please?

Hi all the Simsters. I saw alot of great mods here. i just wondering. Can someone teach me how to do it?

Thanks in advance!
Love,
Yuki

Comments

• hypemerchanthypemerchant Posts: 132 Member
    What exactly do you want to mod? I'm pretty sure there's a tutorial that came with S4PE/Color Magic which should teach you how to do recolours.
    Simsig.png
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    A tutorial already?!!
  • FendiYukiFendiYuki Posts: 9 New Member
    Hmm..probably clothing design? colour? well most of it basically. Well the problem is, i don't even have much knowledge on modding. I don't even have the basic to modding? do i have to get a software or something?

Sorry for the many question at once.
  • hypemerchanthypemerchant Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2014
    IngeJones wrote: »
    A tutorial already?!!

I'm pretty sure there was some explanatory stuff on S4PE and Color Magic, but recolors aren't that hard to do.

EDIT: You'll want to check out this thread. I use Photoshop myself, but you can use GIMP as well, just make sure to install the corresponding DDS plugin.
    Simsig.png
    wow~ how did you use photoshop for it? i don't mind learning that as well?

Thank you! you're great help!
    Hi @hypemerchant , i followed the tutorial using color magic. no issue with color magic at all. after i got my new package file, when i open it with S4PE, it says :

Error reading resource 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0x89C4BE4B96806522
    Front-end Distribution: Unknown
    Library Distribution: Unknown

Source: s4pi.WrapperDealer
    Assembly: s4pi.WrapperDealer, Version=1408.22.1802.23466, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Could not find a resource handler
    ----
    Stack trace:
    at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
    at S4PIDemoFE.MainForm.browserWidget1_SelectedResourceChanged(Object sender, ResourceChangedEventArgs e)
    ----

Where did i do wrong?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    "Can't find resource handler" type of error is almost always caused by the tool not being unzipped/unrared appropriately. Try a different unzip tool.
    well i follow what hypemerchant link. so i downloaded color magic & S4PE. follow the instruction and bam that's what i got :(

I'm using WinRar to unzip it.
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    For s4pe you need to use the program 7zip to extract it I believe. At least that was the advice last week.

OMG! @MyreMylar that works! thank you so much!
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    I have a list of Color Magic tutorials here (at Grant's forums, the creator of CM). So far there are three that I'm aware of, two for Gimp and one for Photoshop: http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10

Each of them has information you might find helpful :)
    Hi @Srikandi715 for the DDS plugin on GIMP, do i need to click on the application that was downloaded? or do i just leave it at plugin?

the issue is despite all the effort i mentioned, i can't save the file as .DDS and even if did manage to do that i won't be able to open it at S4PE.

:\
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    Assuming you have installed the plugin correctly you need to use 'export as...' in gimp rather than 'save as...'
  • LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    I have a tutorial on how to remake clothes using GIMP on my site http://eder.se/vera/?p=322
    You can also check out https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/simple-retexturing-for-the-sims-4/ if you are using Photoshop. ,)
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    Assuming you have installed the plugin correctly you need to use 'export as...' in gimp rather than 'save as...'

Also, in the export dialog, make sure you select "DXT5" as the compression type, and enable mipmaps. Gotta have mipmaps! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap
    Thank You @MyreMylar, @Lion, @Srikandi715! yeahh i used save as instead of exporting. that explains why it didn't work.