Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Cloner Demo 0.1 Released

SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
It will clone everything you need to create a new custom content, including textures and mesh!

Current Feature:
1. Thumbnail preview
2. Export/import DDS
3. Multiple search

Future Feature:
2. Mesh preview with texture

Screenshot:
a56d98963e1c25f8a5f8e0099b2b28d7.png

Download Link:
https://github.com/Sims4Group/CASClonerDemo/releases
You can find my S4PE here.

Comments

• Options
    hypemerchanthypemerchant Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2014
    Does this mean that if I clone an item and recolor/modify it, it won't show up under the recolored item but as a seperate item on its own?
    Simsig.png
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    That's awesome!

Do you need to download the source code too? And what is the difference between the source code tar.gz and the zipped-file source code? Thanks.
  • Options
    SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    @hypemerchant: If you're looking for recolor, it's better to use grant's color magic as it's much simpler. This tool is designed to clone everything to make it a standalone cc and you can modify the mesh/texture without interfering other stuff.

@Penelope: They're generated by github automatically. You can just download the 7z one, which is the program itself.

You can find my S4PE here.
  • Options
    hypemerchanthypemerchant Posts: 132 Member
    SimKuree wrote: »
    @hypemerchant: If you're looking for recolor, it's better to use grant's color magic as it's much simpler. This tool is designed to clone everything to make it a standalone cc and you can modify the mesh/texture without interfering other stuff.

Yeah, no, that's what I meant, I want to make standalone CC and not recolors.
    Simsig.png
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    OK thanks. :)
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I'll try this out and let you know my thoughts. =D
  • Options
    Upon opening the CASClonerDemo Application from the unzipped file (with 7zip) I got the message "We tried to force the system to load all assemblies correctly, yet due to some unknown reasons the problem still can't be solved."

I clicked OK, the only option.

SnipCASTool_zps45e1be7a.png

The above picture showed for me. I was a bit confused since when I read the posts I thought that you could make non-default textures.
    SimKuree wrote: »

@Penelope: They're generated by github automatically. You can just download the 7z one, which is the program itself.

Afterward, it let me search for the item I wanted, so I picked a simple object "black tank" and chose the male item. The tool had two buttons after that. "Export to DDS" and "Import from DDS". Upon exporting the DDS and inputing a name for the file, it automatically converted it to a DXT5 Image (DDS that could be photoshopped).

After putting in a few minor changes to make a graphic on the tank top, I saved as DDS and clicked on "Import From DDS" however I got the error "CASClonerDemo has stopped working." This repeated on other content I attempted.

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thank you for letting me try it out!
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    First, in regards to the default/non-default... you can make non-default. Just don't check the box.

Basically, if you want to create a non-default item, open up the Cloner, and just hit "Next". If you want it to be default instead, check that box before hitting next.

As for the crash, make sure you are saving it as DXT5. By default, I think its saves as DXT1 (even if the file you opened was DTX5). When you save, you should get a little dialogue box. Just make sure the format is DTX5 (with alpha).
  • Options
    @Maclimes The crash could have been attributed to checking the box and renaming the unique id too. I will try it out again. I do know to save as DXT5, so that was a non-issue. =)
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I'm getting exactly the same issue as @KitOnlyHuman
    I've tried both the 7zip and RAR versions on my Windows 7 64bit laptop.
    It crashes directly after importing the modified DDS file.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    > @KitOnlyHuman said:
    > Maclimes The crash could have been attributed to checking the box and renaming the unique id too. I will try it out again. I do know to save as DXT5, so that was a non-issue.

Cool cool. Always best to check the simple stuff first, I say. I KNOW to save as DTX5. That doesn't mean I don't gloss over it sometimes. ;)
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited August 2014
    Maclimes wrote: »
    First, in regards to the default/non-default... you can make non-default. Just don't check the box.

Basically, if you want to create a non-default item, open up the Cloner, and just hit "Next". If you want it to be default instead, check that box before hitting next.

As for the crash, make sure you are saving it as DXT5. By default, I think its saves as DXT1 (even if the file you opened was DTX5). When you save, you should get a little dialogue box. Just make sure the format is DTX5 (with alpha).
    Thanks for pointing out that I can click Next without having to choose the Default Replacement option. I was expecting to be presented with two options on the start screen so it threw me.
    My attempts when NOT selecting to make a replacement have worked fine.
    Post edited by Alistu on
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Alistu wrote: »
    Maclimes wrote: »
    First, in regards to the default/non-default... you can make non-default. Just don't check the box.<br />
    <br />
    Basically, if you want to create a non-default item, open up the Cloner, and just hit "Next". If you want it to be default instead, check that box before hitting next.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for pointing out that I can click Next without having to choose the Default Replacement option. I was expecting to be presented with two options on the start screen so it threw me.
    My attempts when NOT selecting to make a replacement have worked fine.

This was my thinking as well. I'm about to try it out now. Maybe there could be a clarification on the next version. =)
  • Options
    MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    @SimKuree - I've never meshed anything before or messed with anything like that, so I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but would it be possible to use your tool (or a future version of it) to clone a new item from a tattoo and then reassign that file as a skin detail? I'm asking for my overlays, so that I could have the colors that I want and also have them be in a category that makes more sense.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • Options
    simlover87_87simlover87_87 Posts: 30 Member
    I made a non default clone, but the edited mesh doesn't show up in CAS. When I do defaults they show up. How do I get the non defaults to show in CAS?
  • Options
    ladykatra101ladykatra101 Posts: 22 New Member
    where do i fine grant's color magic can you put the link to it up
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    where do i fine grant's color magic can you put the link to it up

Here ya go.
    HSon1Mq.png