Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Magic 0.2.1 released

I just posted a new version of Color Magic on my site. You can download it here.

This version adds two new features that people have been asking for.

First, it allows you to do multiple recolors without having to re-run Color Magic over and over.

Second, it allows you to edit the Categorization and Filter flags of your item so the filters work properly for your recolor.

Capture.jpg

We still don't know what all of the flags mean, but a large number are in the program and more are discovered all the time.

Grant (granthes)
Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Yay! Thank you. I think I was your first download. :)

ETA: It's working for me. I was having problems with different recolors all showing up as the same recolor, but now it works the way it was meant to! So, double thanks.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Here's a bathrobe, recategorized as Athletic Wear. Was interested in seeing if I could get a full body outfit into that category, since there aren't any by default. I also changed the material flag and added a color flag.

60772_140824012049AthleticRobe.jpg

Another example: Flutter Dress as nightgown, with Material and Style changed:

60773_140824013626NightieFlags.jpg

Note that you can use the Default Replacement checkbox to recategorize EA's stuff (they did a pretty poor job with flag setting in the demo; let's hope they cleaned that up for release!) You can also set flags in recolors you've already completed, by opening your package instead of Fullbuild in Color Magic.

If you want to help us decipher the various flags whose meaning is still Unknown, you can look at the flag settings for different items in this version of CM; please post any results you obtain here! http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15

Some general info about flags, categories and filters here: http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16&p=27#p27
    Post edited by Srikandi715 on
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Awesome! Off to download now :)
    HSon1Mq.png
    Thanks! I haven't fiddled with the flagging stuff but I'm digging the "save as" feature to make it easier to make multiple in one go. Thanks Grant!
    HSon1Mq.png
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Very cool!
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have a question. Does it allow you to open up one that you have already made and reflag it, or no?
  • simmersimsimmersimsimmersimsimmersim Posts: 28 Member
    Wonderful, @granthes ! Thank you so much!
  • veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    Aaah! Thank you! I'll be using this a lot!
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    For @granthes & @SimKuree

A few people, including myself, have been trying to create recolours of clothing cloned with the CASCloner tool but so far ColourMagic gets stuck on the page where you select the item to recolour. I can see and select the cloned item in the package but ColourMagic won't then allow me to progress to the next screen (I'm guessing due to the lack of swatch data or something?). Is this something we can fix with s4pe somehow or does it need to wait on one of the tools being updated?

• granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    For @granthes & @SimKuree

A few people, including myself, have been trying to create recolours of clothing cloned with the CASCloner tool but so far ColourMagic gets stuck on the page where you select the item to recolour. I can see and select the cloned item in the package but ColourMagic won't then allow me to progress to the next screen (I'm guessing due to the lack of swatch data or something?). Is this something we can fix with s4pe somehow or does it need to wait on one of the tools being updated?

That sounds interesting. Can you take a screenshot of Color Magic on the page where you're seeing the issue? There are several checks in it to keep you from proceeding without selecting all of the needed info...
    Grant (granthes)

That sounds interesting. Can you take a screenshot of Color Magic on the page where you're seeing the issue? There are several checks in it to keep you from proceeding without selecting all of the needed info...

sure:

OV6B24S.png

Ok. Looks like you are loading a previous item to modify? I'm not sure I've fully tested that since the last update...

Let me check when I get home and see what it is doing...
    Grant (granthes)
    Loading previously made packages made by ColourMagic still works fine as far as I can tell. It's only (afaik) the ones made by CASCloner that don't work.

You can see that there is no swatch data showing up there.
    From a few more tests it looks like cloned hair packages work as normal in ColourMagic but not cloned clothes packages.
    Oooh. I haven't tested at all with Cloner... Have to give that a shot.
    Grant (granthes)
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Granthes, I tried out the new version and I'm loving it. Thanks for the Save As. I like that it greys out to confirm you clicked it already. This is so useful. I'm loving your tool more and more. I'll let you know tomorrow how my new CC turns out.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    Yes, thank you very much for the tool. I've been so productive tonight, largely thanks to the ease of working with the "save as" feature.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
    Glad to hear that the save as helps out.

SimGuruModSquad sent me information on the crash issue, so I'll update the program on the weekend and we should completely eliminate that issue. (We hope, anyway)
    Grant (granthes)
  • JussyHJussyH Posts: 25 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Awesome Granthes! I've got about 20 items I need to do the bug fix on tomorrow at some point. It will be a dream to not have to do that any more.
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    > @granthes said:
    > Glad to hear that the save as helps out.
    >
    > SimGuruModSquad sent me information on the crash issue, so I'll update the program on the weekend and we should completely eliminate that issue. (We hope, anyway)

That's great news! Your the best, man! Your tool has been exactly what I needed for most of my projects!
    granthes wrote: »

SimGuruModSquad sent me information on the crash issue, so I'll update the program on the weekend and we should completely eliminate that issue. (We hope, anyway)

Oh. My. God. I can't wait! =D Can you share with us the issue that caused it? I'm rather curious.
    Oh. My. God. I can't wait! =D Can you share with us the issue that caused it? I'm rather curious.

Take a look at this blog entry for the details I have. :smiley:
    Grant (granthes)
  • veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member

Yay! I'm so excited for this update!

I can't express how much I appreciate this tool.
    edited August 2014

Take a look at this blog entry for the details I have. :smiley:

I was curious. So I used the new CASCloner tool that made a new thumbnail of the CC. Pretty awesome. But it doesn't support multiple swatches so if you want to make recolors of CC, it has to either be under the original Maxis item or different thumbnails. Is there a way that CM will be able to implement multiple swatches on Thumbnails? I prefer it for the flag features.
    How fantastic!
    HSon1Mq.png