Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Additional Eyes!

Comments

• Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Those are gorgeous! I'll definitely be getting those!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    @xox_sugarlips_xox I love these eyes! Thank you so much! The darker blue were perfect for my Jennifer Lawrence sim!
    TS4JenniferLawrence_zpsa782e4da.png
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    MrMagnetismMrMagnetism Posts: 142 Member
    What about the two different eyes colors? example: Right eye is Brown and the Left Eye is Green or Blue.
  • Options
    What about the two different eyes colors? example: Right eye is Brown and the Left Eye is Green or Blue.

I'm thinking about making a more "irregular" pack later on. (blind eyes, different colors, etc.) but this is just gonna be more of a basic color kind of thing :)
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    Simsgeek201Simsgeek201 Posts: 47 Member
    Awesome colours you've done. :)
    f79d3db7-df1c-48f2-b756-9e62f40c9ec4_zpse4c7881b.png
  • Options

I'm thinking about making a more "irregular" pack later on. (blind eyes, different colors, etc.) but this is just gonna be more of a basic color kind of thing :)
    Let us know if you do! I'm loving the ones you have done!
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thank you! I'm waiting until there is more content before I buy the full game. Right now I have the CAS demo so it will be fun to play around with these. A friend of mine has the full game on her computer and I watched her play. There are a lot of things missing that would need to be added in order for me to take the plunge and buy the full game.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member

I don't know how possible that would be. I've had a look at making eye recolours myself, after seeing these, and both eyes share the same texture. Maybe it could be possible by making a type of mask or makeup that is only mapped to one eye? I don't know.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    PixeledPoniesPixeledPonies Posts: 2 New Member
    bless your soul! *a* <3
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    LOVE the Additional Eyes! I usually like my custom content to mix in with the EA content. This is totally perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for making these :)
  • Options
    jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited September 2014
    @xox_sugarlips_xox I just updated the Additional Eyes, and now all my sims eyes are messed up! I had the CAS demo version before, and the full game version messed them up. Can you put the CAS demo version up as well or fix it? I tried editing my sims eyes but no colors show up at all?
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for doing these eyes! I wanted yellow, red, pink and purple eyes in my game so badly. I'd just begun attempting to learn how to make them myself, and then today I found the eyes you made. They're all perfect.

I did take the file for your dark purple into s4pe so I could exchange it for a brighter purple, just to suit my own tastes. LOL. So I did do my first custom eye this morning... but it was based on your original. I haven't uploaded the brighter purple anywhere, though. It's just for my own game.

You're awesome!

By the way, I had to edit this to add that the olive green color you did is absolutely perfect. It's EXACTLY the shade I wanted in the base game that EA didn't give us, but should have.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    So far I'm really liking the Additional Eyes but yes good work on this one
  • Options
    Penelope wrote: »
    Thanks for doing these eyes! I wanted yellow, red, pink and purple eyes in my game so badly. I'd just begun attempting to learn how to make them myself, and then today I found the eyes you made. They're all perfect.

I did take the file for your dark purple into s4pe so I could exchange it for a brighter purple, just to suit my own tastes. LOL. So I did do my first custom eye this morning... but it was based on your original. I haven't uploaded the brighter purple anywhere, though. It's just for my own game.

You're awesome!

By the way, I had to edit this to add that the olive green color you did is absolutely perfect. It's EXACTLY the shade I wanted in the base game that EA didn't give us, but should have.

Thanks for the compliment :) Feel free to use my colors and upload them elsewhere if you want as well. I'm not picky, I'm doing these for fun :D
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    jirlucfan wrote: »
    @xox_sugarlips_xox I just updated the Additional Eyes, and now all my sims eyes are messed up! I had the CAS demo version before, and the full game version messed them up. Can you put the CAS demo version up as well or fix it? I tried editing my sims eyes but no colors show up at all?

I'm really sorry! I thought I put a warning up somewhere but I must have forgotten. The old eyes don't work for the full game, so you've got to export them with default eyes to the gallery and add the CC eyes back in once you've got them in the full game. I had the same problem you're having when I tried it. But I don't have the old files anymore (They didn't work there was no point.) Ugh I wish I could help!

VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I'm really sorry! I thought I put a warning up somewhere but I must have forgotten. The old eyes don't work for the full game, so you've got to export them with default eyes to the gallery and add the CC eyes back in once you've got them in the full game. I had the same problem you're having when I tried it. But I don't have the old files anymore (They didn't work there was no point.) Ugh I wish I could help!

Darn.. It's strange because the old eyes were working for me in the full game, and stopped working when I downloaded the updated version.. Now I have hundreds of sims with broken eye colors.. How do I fix them? :/

On a side note, will you consider making different hairstyle colors? :)
  • Options

Darn.. It's strange because the old eyes were working for me in the full game, and stopped working when I downloaded the updated version.. Now I have hundreds of sims with broken eye colors.. How do I fix them? :/

Unless you have the old file.. you can't. Maybe someone on here still does.

And yes! New hair colors will be happening!
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Glad to hear about the new hair colors :)

Ugh this stinks! I noticed that you re-arranged the order of the eye colors in the full game version. This is probably why it is breaking for me? The only fix I found was randomizing the eyes. :(
  • Options

Ugh this stinks! I noticed that you re-arranged the order of the eye colors in the full game version. This is probably why it is breaking for me? The only fix I found was randomizing the eyes. :(

Yeah I can't really help where the swatches land. I can only pick the base file and they'll go after that one some where lol. I'm really sorry you had this problem. I posted a warning everywhere else so hopefully no one else does.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yeah I can't really help where the swatches land. I can only pick the base file and they'll go after that one some where lol. I'm really sorry you had this problem. I posted a warning everywhere else so hopefully no one else does.

It's alright. I know you didn't intend for this to happen. :pensive:

But I FOUND A FIX! (I think)
    To fix the sims eyes that are broken, first go into live mode and try reseting that sim. Do testingcheats true, then resetsim FirstName LastName. Then try using cas.FullEditMode and WALLA! Now I can edit my sims eyes! This will be a long and tedious process fixing all of my sims eyes, but I'm happy that they can be fixed and I can have the stability of the updated replacements :)

NEVERMIND! Nothing is fixing this! Are you sure you don't have the original CAS demo file? :'(
    Post edited by jirlucfan on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I thought of something that might work if you don't have the original CAS demo versions:
    Couldn't you remake that version using the ones that you have for the full game, but instead using CAS demo files? It might just work. I really hope you can help me fix this because I really don't want to have to mess all of my sims faces up just to fix their eye colors..
  • Options
    I thought of something that might work if you don't have the original CAS demo versions:
    Couldn't you remake that version using the ones that you have for the full game, but instead using CAS demo files? It might just work. I really hope you can help me fix this because I really don't want to have to mess all of my sims faces up just to fix their eye colors..

I could.... except I don't remember what order I did them in. Or what base files I used. Plus Color Magic has different options now >.>

HOWEVER. While cleaning some files out I think I mighta found the old demo file.
    I say mighta. Cause it was in the cas demo mods folder. but I can't remember which one it is. it was named the same... BUT here it is, if you wanna give er a go :)http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7d0dxkgccdl3x1/AloyssiaAdditionalEyesDEMO.package
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I could.... except I don't remember what order I did them in. Or what base files I used. Plus Color Magic has different options now >.>

HOWEVER. While cleaning some files out I think I mighta found the old demo file.
    I say mighta. Cause it was in the cas demo mods folder. but I can't remember which one it is. it was named the same... BUT here it is, if you wanna give er a go :)http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7d0dxkgccdl3x1/AloyssiaAdditionalEyesDEMO.package

OMG! My sims eyes are back to normal! Didn't even need to change any! Do you think it's okay for me to keep the demo version or should I switch them to defaults and update? Because it hasn't caused problems for me before. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Sorry if I gave you a hard time.. I spent so much time making my sims and really didn't want to mess with their faces. Lol YAY I MISSED PLAYING MY SIMS :)
  • Options

OMG! My sims eyes are back to normal! Didn't even need to change any! Do you think it's okay for me to keep the demo version or should I switch them to defaults and update? Because it hasn't caused problems for me before. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Sorry if I gave you a hard time.. I spent so much time making my sims and really didn't want to mess with their faces. Lol YAY I MISSED PLAYING MY SIMS :)

Ahahaha. :) Oh I'm so glad that worked! If it's working for you I'd just hang onto the demo version. I don't know the intricacies of it though, so if you start to have a lot of weird new bugs i'd blame that lol.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    Hey! I was wondering if you could make all the colors of the rainbow for skins like the default EA skins now that new skin tones can be made?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/790989/finally-default-skins :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top