Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick Question

I've gotten a bit stuck with some eye recolors.
When I click on certain swatches, they won't change to the new custom textures, only stay on the last selected color.

With hair recolors I just used a different file, but I'm running out of them with the eyes. Any suggestions for fixing this?
VzmSMfi.png

Comments

• Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Did you create a package once in Color Magic, and then keep re-editing the same package?

Every item has to have a unique ID, so for every recolor you do, even of the same object, you need to make a new package in CM, with a different name (the name is used to generate the internal ID).

If it's just a matter of the thumbnail not refreshing, though, you need to delete the thumbnail cache -- localthumbcache.package in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo.
  • xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    Ohkay... upon trying to reproduce everything so I could accurately explain it. I found that exporting using the default name it gives me lets me recolor and then I could just change the name afterwards. So... okay then. I'll post again if anything else shows up however.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Ohkay... upon trying to reproduce everything so I could accurately explain it. I found that exporting using the default name it gives me lets me recolor and then I could just change the name afterwards. So... okay then. I'll post again if anything else shows up however.

Right, that doesn't work because the name is used to create the internal ID and the ID has to be unique... not just for YOUR game, but ideally for EVERYBODY'S game, if you're sharing your CC. Which is why the name you use in ColorMagic should include your creator tag, which hopefully nobody else has, and then enough detail about that particular item to distinguish it from all other recolors you make.

Right, that doesn't work because the name is used to create the internal ID and the ID has to be unique... not just for YOUR game, but ideally for EVERYBODY'S game, if you're sharing your CC. Which is why the name you use in ColorMagic should include your creator tag, which hopefully nobody else has, and then enough detail about that particular item to distinguish it from all other recolors you make.

Oh alright. Everything makes more sense now. Thanks :smile:
    VzmSMfi.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I saw you had some eyes up in another thread. Did @SriKandi715 's advice work for you? I'm still having trouble with multiple recolors.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    greenXen wrote: »
    I saw you had some eyes up in another thread. Did @SriKandi's advice work for you? I'm still having trouble with multiple recolors.
    Yes everything worked out! I just made sure to give each export a unique name, and to leave my creator identity at the beginning.
    VzmSMfi.png