Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Our beloved crinrict's Blogs from Gamescom New blog up!

TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
She finally has gotten 2 of them up with more on the way!!
(p.s. I think crin was the only person to crash the game at gamescom! >:) )

Both are filled with info:

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/gamescom-2014-preview-a-look-at-the-gui/

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/gamescom-2014-preview-options/

New
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/gamescom-2014-preview-crinrict-plays/

Thank you crinrict very much!! <3
Post edited by Terrylin on

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Yay for Crinrict!! Way to go!! LOL

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    OMG! Hi!!! I am getting so excited...after my Sims 3 crashed... AGAIN... sigh... I welcome something new.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Thanks for the info! I wonder what the three different options for lifespan actual translate to in terms of days for each life stage?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Thanks, @crinrict and @Terrylin! Useful review when it comes to explaining some of the mysteries of the UI, especially what the little house icon is really for.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Funny the smartphone didn't show the selftie pic and take pic with. I guess the version she had was an older build.
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! I wonder what the three different options for lifespan actual translate to in terms of days for each life stage?

@Nik24X7

Well somewhere in all of the blogs posted on SimsVIP's Gamescom section somebody gave the normal lifespan which if I remember right is the same as Sims 3's normal span. Going from memory here but pretty sure it was! :)
    As for the other 2 spans I would believe they also are pretty close to what we had in Sims 3. :)
  • Options
    @Terrylin - Thank you!
  • Options
    Funny the smartphone didn't show the selftie pic and take pic with. I guess the version she had was an older build.

She was playing whatever build they had at Gamescom. :)

• Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Thanks for this post! All great info, I was also wondering about the days in life stages, wonder whether will be a feature or not?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    Would someone with better German than me translate this image, please?

7tPrFmD.png

I get that they're a list of goals for the date, the first of which is talking, the second relates to eating (does it mean meals? That'd be a long date!), then flirting, then...playing games? But I think the language barrier is working against me, because that seems like it'd take a full day!
  • Options
    panapops wrote: »
    Would someone with better German than me translate this image, please?

7tPrFmD.png

I get that they're a list of goals for the date, the first of which is talking, the second relates to eating (does it mean meals? That'd be a long date!), then flirting, then...playing games? But I think the language barrier is working against me, because that seems like it'd take a full day!

Used a translator and still confused! ;)

Best I can figure is the first one is the Host talking with date, Second is food so I would assume a meal of some type, the third one (thank heaven was easy :p ) is Flirt, but the last one really confused me and can't seem to get the meaning for it that is understandable to me. Anyone wanna help here?? crin help!! :)
  • Options
    Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    The last might be 3 sims playing games with each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    [7tPrFmD.png

I would think the first one is simple. Talk to your date twelve times. The second one confuses me though. It has something to do with eating, but your Sim wouldn't eat four meals, now would they? Flirting five times is pretty obvious. The last one translated to "you can also play games", I guess three times. I wish I knew German.

Edited to add: the first one translates to "Main objective: hosts make contact with guests".

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Thank you @crinrict and @Terrylin.

We have to use origin to turn off tips and lessons? So what happens if we were to play off line?

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Well, perhaps it's for a party, instead? The host greets 12 guests, makes sure 4 guests have good food, flirts with 5 people(?), plays 3 games with their guests or plays games with 3 guests.

Just taking a wild guess. :p
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Well, perhaps it's for a party, instead? The host greets 12 guests, makes sure 4 guests have good food, flirts with 5 people(?), plays 3 games with their guests or plays games with 3 guests.

Ahhh, that makes much more sense!

I quite like this method of rating parties etc. Makes it nice and easy to see how you're doing.
  • Options

I quite like this method of rating parties etc. Makes it nice and easy to see how you're doing.

I like it, too. I always had problems in TS3 figuring out what I should be doing to have a great date.
  • Options
    Yeah, it must be a party scenario. The first one is probably greet twelve guests. Makes sense now.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Such mini-games aren't entirely alien to the Sims--remember the headmaster one in TS2?--but it looks like they'll be a mainstay in TS4.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options

I like it, too. I always had problems in TS3 figuring out what I should be doing to have a great date.

The answer seemed to be to send them into rabbit holes like the diner and theatre, but that was no fun to watch.
  • Options

The answer seemed to be to send them into rabbit holes like the diner and theatre, but that was no fun to watch.

Seriously? I actually never thought of that. I always wanted to be actively involved so I'd send them places where I could, you know, actually PLAY my sim. XD
  • Options
    [7tPrFmD.png

I would think the first one is simple. Talk to your date twelve times. The second one confuses me though. It has something to do with eating, but your Sim wouldn't eat four meals, now would they? Flirting five times is pretty obvious. The last one translated to "you can also play games", I guess three times. I wish I knew German.

Edited to add: the first one translates to "Main objective: hosts make contact with guests".

Thank you! Thank you! I was trying to translate each word and then put them together. LOL Wasn't working to well! :p

I do agree that it is probably for a party. I do like it for keeping up with how the party/date is going. I liked it in Sims 2.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    You're welcome! I used freetranslation.com to translate the phrases. I find it to be useful. And free is always good, too!
  • Options
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Thank you @crinrict and @Terrylin.

We have to use origin to turn off tips and lessons? So what happens if we were to play off line?

kim :\

Origin runs all the time while you are playing offline or on. It replaced the launcher. So you can turn them off when you are offline.

• Options
    You're welcome! I used freetranslation.com to translate the phrases. I find it to be useful. And free is always good, too!

Got it bookmarked in my favorites now!! :D Thank you!!
    Free is always welcome! :p