Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's hear it for our non-hetero beauties!

Comments

• pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    My gals got engaged today at the park. It's a shame some random sim decided to intrude on the beautiful moment lol

03-02-15_4-01nbspPM_zpsqneitnep.png
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    teasing-you-is-fun.png

From a story I just started here is my sims couple Tyva Ellis (blonde) and Zoe Blake (glasses).

optimist.png

Here is a better angle of Tyva.

zoe-blake.png

And a better angle of Zoe.
  • br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    i love this thread, so many beautiful couples. :)
  • cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    I made a gender non binary sim, Danny.

tumblr_naetp2H3c91sice5vo5_250.jpgtumblr_naetp2H3c91sice5vo6_250.jpg

FInd her on my gallery (search user Wildeatheart)

Yay for non-binary sims! (I'm nb myself, please excuse my excitement) She's absolutely beautiful! Seeing this thread actually made me consider starting a "Show us your non-cis beauties!" thread but I'll have to think about it... Anyway, back on topic, your sim is amazing and so is your soul.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • beanbean Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2015
    One of my favorite families atm is a lesbian couple! I can't stop playing them :3 I'm just gonna spam them really fast:
    03_08_15_1_16_PM.png
    The black hair is a sim I made, Phoebe Sayer. She met Ada Benoit, a random townie, in the library, and it was love at first sight! Phoebe's really mean but she's a really talented chef, mixologist, and prankster. Ada is a master at the violin, handiness, chess, and is an astronaut. Here's them on their wedding day:
    Untitled_2.png
    Here they are now as mature adults with their biological teenage daughter (who is going to be a young adult in a few days), Rose Benoit-Sayer. She's an amazing artist and will soon be working on her music skills. She's also dating Alexander Goth.
    03_15_15_3_22_PM_2.png

• simslovers456simslovers456 Posts: 213 Member
    I'm slightly offended, because this is creating a stereotype on how non-hetero people look. You can dress any way you want and still be non-hetero.
    large.jpg
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I'm slightly offended, because this is creating a stereotype on how non-hetero people look. You can dress any way you want and still be non-hetero.
    Maybe if they were hetero, they would still dress that way?
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Hmm I like @Vondiita 's sims thy reflect the real gays for example, in real life people just dress "normal" I guess, with few exeptions :p but anyone has the right to dress as they want, and this is a life simulator where people can dress their sims to be as eccentric as they like without having to hear a "🐸🐸🐸🐸 u wearing" comment soooo.....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member

Then you're also offended about the non-hetero bars and non-hetero parades because all of them are "creating a stereotype". lol All these sims are dressing like anyone else.

gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • simslovers456simslovers456 Posts: 213 Member
    In real life standards, no, in sims, it doesn't matter, hence why I said slightly. Not completely but if it was a matter in real life, yes, I would be completely offended.
    large.jpg
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    Joeniel wrote: »

Then you're also offended about the non-hetero bars and non-hetero parades because all of them are "creating a stereotype". lol All these sims are dressing like anyone else.

@simslovers456, I don't see anything wrong here. Just like I highlighted above, they are all dressing like anyone else. If they look like a stereotype to you it must be because of their personal style, that's all :smile:
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • ianbennettianbennett Posts: 173 Member
    This is the first LGBT sim couple I've made, Nisha and Alice.

Nisha belongs to a wealthy Indian family and is the vice president of her father's mega corporation.
    She used to spend all of her time working and never thought about being in a relationship.
    e76ed2bf-1bbb-458d-980b-32ddf045bd47_zpsqiyedmoa.jpg
    e1d4ae69-7c64-4002-8452-508b9a8f4ec0_zpslbqbkv72.jpg

Alice works as an interior designer for a small, but respected, company. Because she seems so
    carefree and playful, her clients are always surprised to find that she works very hard. After a couple
    crazy relationships in college, she decided to take a break from dating until she had settled into her life.
    fe206ef9-9f94-432c-92d0-e76dfcdf590e_zpslcpri7zx.jpg
    9b192e1f-44ba-4758-8951-4871dc43d528_zpslz6xptzs.jpg

Nisha hired Alice and her coworkers to redesign the main lounge in the company's skyscraper.
    As this was important, Nisha was constantly around, so she could supervise their work and sign
    any needed documentation. That's when Alice and Nisha first started talking. Although Alice's love for
    bright colors was atrocious and her clumsiness somewhat aggravating, Nisha quickly became fond of her.
    They went on one coffee date and, since then, have been inseparable.

• ianbennettianbennett Posts: 173 Member
    Vondiita wrote: »
    I originally posted this for the "favorite screenshot" thread, but I thought
    these were too good to ignore.

Here's Marvin (black hair) and his husband Randy.

fHdvRp7.png
    fEVtqGs.png
    b3LnQAh.jpg
    E0xVChV.jpg
    Japqj69.jpg
    RM5u3ce.jpg
    1BGggeW.jpg
    FudgUeH.jpg
    GzPdL6a.jpg

Too cute!
  • Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2015
    03_14_15_3_26_PM.png
    Say hello to Aiden(left) And Dewayne(right) :)
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • SMarcoHughSMarcoHugh Posts: 35 Member
    Here are (so far) my only LGBT sims. All three of them are based off real persons. I'm not the best at making real people into sims, but I like to think they came out okay.

First up... ME!
    PhotoGrid_1427559880190.jpg

Next is... Dakota!
    PhotoGrid_1427560101429.jpg

And last but not least... Dionisio!
    PhotoGrid_1427560015248.jpg
    tumblr_n88r3dIVGM1t0cscho1_250.gif
    Hello! My Origin ID is SMarcoHugh.
    I hope you like my sims. Your comments and feedback are always appreciated!
  • 1makemebelieveagain11makemebelieveagain1 Posts: 163 Member
    all of these sims are cuties! Good job everyone.
    rbdvkw.png
  • ShaniaTheWriterShaniaTheWriter Posts: 2 New Member
    @SMarcoHugh Your Simmifications look great.

I have a bunch of non-hetero Sims (most... OK all of them) and I think I'll post a few when I can post links. :)
  • AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    edited June 2015
    Paul (Bear)
    256ttp0.png

Jess (born as Josh/Trans) currently saving up for SRS
    ddlrmt.png
  • AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    Joeniel wrote: »

@simslovers456, I don't see anything wrong here. Just like I highlighted above, they are all dressing like anyone else. If they look like a stereotype to you it must be because of their personal style, that's all :smile:

Honestly the only pictures here that offended me were the ones the OP posted. They look more like dragstars than members of the LGBTQIAA community...

Another thing, people seem to think that all gays/lesbians dress flashy, when in reality most of my gay and lesbian friends look and dress fairly normal. Not every lesbian is obese with purple hair and not every gay guy is super skinny, pimply, and wearing skinny jeans. If you want to find people that fit your stereotype of the gay/lesbian community then I'm sure you will only look for the ones that do.
  • RiversRivers Posts: 486 Member
    I happen to agree with @AviendhaRS. The Sims are nice and the thread is lovely but I noticed some of them just fell right under stereotyping, too much make-up, too flashy, too heavy in some cases, too buff in others. I have gay friends, including my bestie , from both genders and none of them dress like that or come across as "bold" both fashion as well as personality/body-wise. Contrary to the stereotype, gay men and women I know tend to dress very casually, light soft colors or some colors dark and plain like brown and black. The boys don't care much about clothes as I literally had to smack my bestie on the head so he would stop wearing the same T-shirt lol not that different at from hetero men, as they are all men. Also, not every lesbian is butch and buff, I've met lesbians who are softer and more feminine that I will ever dream to be and not every bi person is a player and a commitment-phobe. That's just my opinion, I hope I didn't upset anyone.
    sOr7CSq.png
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited June 2015
    Rivers wrote: »
    I happen to agree with @AviendhaRS. The Sims are nice and the thread is lovely but I noticed some of them just fell right under stereotyping, too much make-up, too flashy, too heavy in some cases, too buff in others. I have gay friends, including my bestie , from both genders and none of them dress like that or come across as "bold" both fashion as well as personality/body-wise. Contrary to the stereotype, gay men and women I know tend to dress very casually, light soft colors or some colors dark and plain like brown and black. The boys don't care much about clothes as I literally had to smack my bestie on the head so he would stop wearing the same T-shirt lol not that different at from hetero men, as they are all men. Also, not every lesbian is butch and buff, I've met lesbians who are softer and more feminine that I will ever dream to be and not every bi person is a player and a commitment-phobe. That's just my opinion, I hope I didn't upset anyone.

Sometimes behaviour similar to stereotypes is natural or preferred, possibly because being "out" means you already don't care what others think. When it comes to negative attitudes towards LGB, often people would want to hide that. Of course, wanting to put on loads of make-up is pretty rare in guys I have found, but not unfound of ^_^. Even some straight men do it. That and drag is found on both sides too, I think gay men are just more ready to accept the reactions, logically speaking (I'm not claiming to be 100% right when I say that, as this is a presumption). It's when the labels start that this becomes ridiculous: a man who puts on lots of makeup or acts less "masculine" is not automatically gay or weak. They are just themselves.

I admit I have done a few things similar to stereotypes, but not often. Make-up I have only tried several times, but I have no idea what to do with it, so I often need help with it. Of course, we are talking about sims here, but I like to presume that most sims are created with an individuality in mind, rather than with certain labels. If somebody made an entire set of sims that were stereotypical, I would be a lot less interested in it.

In a nutshell: Sims can do whatever they want or wear whatever they want, and that is in no way related to who they are. o:)
    One of my sims (who is married to Travis Scott) is quite camp and feminine, but it's more of an individual characteristic and is in no way related to who he loves. :)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    I haven't taken pics of them in the game yet, but this 2 are together ~~
    I will show you romantics pics later :blush:

I haven't created him, he's from the second generation
    296mcef.jpg
    And here's his man that I created for him<3
    2mq5350.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Today the US Supreme Court declared LGB+ marriage legal in all 50 states!
    04-27-15_10-23nbspAM_zpshmawiyif.png
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • simmerinesimmerine Posts: 54 Member
    Love wins!
    16-03-2015_21-29_zpskms0rhzi.png
    15-05-2015_1-55_zps9nrecled.png

Freaking out because they were both about to give birth
    60a3ad28-da3f-47a1-ba27-4768669865e2_zpspuvpobfl.png
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited June 2015
    I posted these in a thread about the supreme court decision but I'll post them here as well :)

Love wins :grin:

i-trust-you.png

well-figure-things-out.png

good-morning-kiss.png

My couple Gwen and Cassie (Gwen is the blonde)