Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Tutorial for Using GIMP with the Color Magic tool (link!)

2...Next

Comments

• kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Thank you so much. Our Creators from polish TS4 forum begged for these tutorials (*)
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    so if I take the created file out of the client folder and move it to the mods folder I should be ok?
    I give up! I know its not complicated but I am baffled. I got the codes but going into gimp there is nothing. I'll read more then try again tomorrow.
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    Thank you for doing this tut. I have used Gimp in creating CC for TS3 and will defo be giving this a whirl!
  • WoofWoof Posts: 19 New Member
    Thanks for the tut! :)
    I just can't seem to get it to work
  • JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2014
    Do any of you guys know how to make a custom DDS Swatch?
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    JoyfulSims wrote: »
    Do any of you guys know how to make a custom DDS Swatch?

Just create a 32x32 image in gimp or photoshop and save it as a DXT1 image with mipmaps.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
    Thanks! How do I import it into the Tool? Or which file in the package do I need to replace with the new swatch? :)
    Thanks! How do I import it into the Tool? Or which file in the package do I need to replace with the new swatch? :)

In S4PE, it will be the one with the tag _IMG. Just right click on that and choose replace from the pop-up menu and browse to the new file.
    Grant (granthes)
    Hmm, oddly enough there is no _IMG tagged file. I've got one CASP and three UNKN files...
    Hmm, oddly enough there is no _IMG tagged file. I've got one CASP and three UNKN files...

If you don't have the _IMG, then you didn't add a swatch bitmap using Color Magic and the original didn't have one. It will only show up if you click the "Add" button next to Color Swatch.
    Grant (granthes)
    Click the add button where? In Color Magic? Sorry for being so incredibly annoying and dumb... But I slowly start to think that I might have the wrong version of the program...
    Click the add button where? In Color Magic? Sorry for being so incredibly annoying and dumb... But I slowly start to think that I might have the wrong version of the program...

You really should be using the 0.5.0 version which you can download here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

And this ADD button :smiley:

Capture3.jpg
    Grant (granthes)
    There, that was the problem! My version did not have the add button :D Explains everything... I thought I had the newest one but I guess I didn't. Thank you so much for helping me even though I must've been like the most annoying person ever... That was very kind of you! Thanks!
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Thank you :D Your tutorial made me lose an hour XD but that's ok (I never did get something I liked but that's my pickiness not your tutorial!) it explained it even to someone brain dead like me :) that's awesome! I can never understand tutorials
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • PixieqewPixieqew Posts: 11 New Member
    I followed the instructions from here and another tutorial. The first tutorial I was working with the Demo I didn't click replace default and when I finished and put it in my mods folder the game didn't start. So I did it over and made it a default replacement and it showed up in my demo game. I followed these instructions, which was very similar to the other except for a few things that helped out a lot more. This time I worked with TS4 and I decided not to make the tank top I was working on a default replacement and the game didn't start. I saved the package file in my mods folder like I did with the Demo. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to have to make my cc replacements, but when I don't it crashes, please help. I have the latest version of Color Magic, someone told me that should help but...no.