Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Color Swatch question

I made a batch of recolours (about 40ish) last night and discovered that if the packages had the same color swatch, they crashed the demo.

Is there any way to change the color swatches without having to go into Color Magic and export the base package over and over again with different swatches each time (don't really want to keep reopening and running CM 40+ times)?

Comments

• granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    Unfortunately, in order to generate a new index for the recolor, you do need to run CM for each one and give each one a unique name.

If you don't do that, you will end up with 40+ recolors that won't live together successfully. If you are going to be doing a lot of recolors like this, I can modify Color Magic to do a "batch recolor" process where it makes multiple recolors in one step.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @granthes
    It would just be nice if it didn't close after making file. Is there a way for that? I look forward to future updates of CM so much. ^.^
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    @KitOnlyHuman
    Unfortunately, the programming toolkit I used for Color Magic has a really annoying "Feature" that it always closes when you hit finish :frowning: but I am looking at ways to improve it.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @granthes
    That's understandable. Is it possible to do the multiple file creation before clicking finish then? I'm curious, never programmed something like that so I don't know its limitations.
  • veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    granthes wrote: »
    Unfortunately, in order to generate a new index for the recolor, you do need to run CM for each one and give each one a unique name.

If you don't do that, you will end up with 40+ recolors that won't live together successfully. If you are going to be doing a lot of recolors like this, I can modify Color Magic to do a "batch recolor" process where it makes multiple recolors in one step.

Thank you for confirming the process. I don't mind running CM multiple times, but a batch recolor process would be so useful! Anything to cut down on the time it takes to make the files would be wonderful and highly appreciated.