Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Hand Baby To" - Come Back! (pic heavy)

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
I will miss "Hand Baby To" action from the Sims 2:
HandingBaby01_zps18792146.jpg
Sims2EP92014-07-2921-01-11-18_zpsa15e7fb3.jpg

I know we have bassinets now, mostly to discourage this from happening (baby on floor):
Sims2EP92014-07-2921-04-25-53_zpsfec807df.jpg

But in return we lose this - the ability for the father to hold the baby right after birth, the ability to share that special family moment between parents when they both hold their baby as proud grandparents look on.
Sims2EP92014-07-2921-06-51-24_zpsd56f3f53.jpg

I hope they can somehow add "Hand Baby To" in some form in the Sims 4 - keep the baby tied to the Bassinet so it's not put on the floor, but still have the ability to pass between parents before being put back to bed. Maybe some sort of Group Interaction where we can click on the Bassinet and all Sims in the household will come together to goo goo ga ga over the new baby lol.

What are your thoughts? I hope we see this come back! <3 Thanks for reading and happy simming :)

Comments

• Options
    elooocinelooocin Posts: 115 Member
    Awww, omg I forgot about that! TS2 had THE BEST animations, I am so excited to rediscover them all again in my current TS2 Let's Play on my channel. This makes me even more impatient to have a nooboo <3
    NEwsnJk.png
    ♦ Simblr | tiptoesims ♦ YouTube | tiptoehappiness

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I have been missing that too! I don't see it happening in Sims 4 since babies are objects now. *glares at EA*
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I will miss my sims leaving babies on the floor </3
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    OP, love your screenshots!! TS2 looked so good for a game released in 2004. Sigh....
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    So many animations in sims 2 i forgot about. This was so cute. Also was playing the other day and noticed when my sim was cooking she opened the cupboard and took out a bowl! Then opened a drawer and took out a spoon! Had completely forgotten about this.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    OP, love your screenshots!! TS2 looked so good for a game released in 2004. Sigh....

True. Makes me want to go play it!
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    Crying rn.
  • Options

@Stdlr9 Thanks. I play with the resolution turned up to 1600X900. The only mods are some clothing and makeup. It's not an old game in my eyes. Still great - though I admit I probably won't play it anymore once Sims 4 comes out. I will miss and love my Sims 2 Sims forever <3
  • Options
    SmileyGoobSmileyGoob Posts: 112 Member
    I miss that interaction so much =/

tumblr_lnzitiwM7o1qg7klfo1_500.gif

tumblr_ms1q1af1HH1rjjzhgo1_500_zps5f4a636a.gif
  • Options
    NicoleamoralNicoleamoral Posts: 977 Member
    Awwww this made me miss all these features. Sims 2 was amazing.

I use Swagbucks to earn gift cards to pay for my Sims games! B)
    swagbucks.com/refer/NicM87
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

If that server fire at Maxis didn't happen, we could have ended up with an even BETTER Sims 2 base game.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

If that server fire at Maxis didn't happen, we could have ended up with an even BETTER Sims 2 base game.

@Sk8rblaze That fire truly was a tragedy on many levels :(

• Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I loved how you could bathe babies in the sink. Remember that??
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Aww I loved that interaction. Theres so many animations and interactions in the sims 2 that make it such a great game.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »

@DeadFishy Yes, another baby action I will really miss! <3 By the way I LOVE your Avi - do you have it uploaded to the Gallery?
  • Options

@DeadFishy Yes, another baby action I will really miss! <3 By the way I LOVE your Avi - do you have it uploaded to the Gallery?

Ooo! Thank you! It's my very first simself sim!!! (Minus her much cooler do') I'm not sure if she's on the gallery.. Does that happen automatically when I save?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Ooo! Thank you! It's my very first simself sim!!! (Minus her much cooler do') I'm not sure if she's on the gallery.. Does that happen automatically when I save?

No saving is just adding it to your personal drive, you have to use the Upload feature, too. It's OK if you don't want to share her. I know some people are keeping some Sims private. I just really like her - I might try to make something like her - it's the eyes, the big cheekbones and nose and smile that stand out. Some Sims really pop and you go OH WOW! I like it! lol.

• Options

No saving is just adding it to your personal drive, you have to use the Upload feature, too. It's OK if you don't want to share her. I know some people are keeping some Sims private. I just really like her - I might try to make something like her - it's the eyes, the big cheekbones and nose and smile that stand out. Some Sims really pop and you go OH WOW! I like it! lol.

Thank you that is so nice of you to say! :) I haven't uploaded her but when I do, I will let you know!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    I know this is a little off topic, but do you guys remember in TS1 when puppies would drink from the toilet and bark at the mailman?? Those little gems never made it past the first. I hope there are fun little discoveries in TS4.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Stop please, all this baby on the floor talk is making me start to like the bassinet.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    There is a lot of Sims 2 interactions that I will be missing. The fact you can give them a bath in the sink is one. Also aside from handing the baby to someone it was possible for one Sim to hold the baby and another Sim to come over and talk and make faces to a held baby. Even though the Dangle Monster and Bounce Chair were store items it was still awesome to put the newborns in them for play time aside from having them lay in the crib all day.
    I really enjoyed all the newborn stuff even though they didn't do much it was more of a role play factor. Ya they didn't need to be bathed in the sink but we did it anyways because it was cute!
    angrycat.gif