Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newbie at doing CC... Any tips and tutorials?

zosiahzosiah Posts: 13 New Member
I tried recoloring clothes and making my own but they came out pretty mediocre.. everyone elses looking amazing. how do you do it? :) i already looked at a tutorial on platinum simmers, but it didn't really help.

Comments

• MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    Practice!

It helps if you are experienced with a) your image editing program (learn about layers!) and b) texturing game models in general. I would hunt for tutorials for whichever image editing software you are using.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    Practice!
    It helps if you are experienced with a) your image editing program (learn about layers!) and b) texturing game models in general. I would hunt for tutorials for whichever image editing software you are using.

^^This. I use Photoshop and have been using it for graphics editing for about fifteen years now. Being knowledgeable about your program and how it works is a MUST for these kinds of things and google/youtube are your friends when it comes to learning how to use layers, opacity, adjustment layers, the pen tool, pattern fills, etc.

What program are you using for your CC, @zosiah?

My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • zosiahzosiah Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh, okay! I used Photoshop CS6 :)
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'd do a search for TS2 recolor tutorials. There's some for TS3 too, but fewer, because of CaST (retexturing was still needed for some kinds of changes but not most). From the art side, all the techniques people used for TS2 will be helpful for TS4, even though the tools needed to get the textures in and out of the game are different (and the textures have different sizes and resolutions).

To get started, you could check these out: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Category:Bodyshop_Recolouring_Tutorials