Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thumbnails and Color Swatches in CAS (Please help)

KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
edited August 2014 in General Mods Discussion
So, I've found that when I upload recolors of my cc, they are all the same thumbnail color as the first cc. Is there a way to change this? They both have different indexes.

Please note: I mean the thumbnail view, not the color swatch below. But while I'm at it! How can we change that too?
Post edited by KitOnlyHuman on

Comments

• MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    I change the swatch color in Color Magic when I first create the new file. It's on the final screen before you create the new package file.

What programs are you using for your CC?
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @MomGinny
    I'm using Color Magic, and I can make different colors or switch the swatch to C/M on it. Are we able to upload our own image for the swatch via the package editor? I was just about to try that. Also, I think I figured out the thumbnails thing. I was using the same "Unique ID" at the last part of Color Magic as the other, so I believe it was pulling on the same image for that unique id. I'm testing it now, could be wrong. =D
    Ah. I'm not sure about the thumbnails - I think mine have updated automatically (they're slow to load the first time in CAS though) but I'll have to go back in and check my cc in-game again before I can say for sure.
    @MomGinny
    Well, no luck on the swatch changes. Is there a way to load custom swatch icons in the Color Magic that I'm missing?

Figured out my thumbnails. Thanks for all the help!
    I'm not sure. I feel like I remember someone saying something about it somewhere on the forums here but I can't track it down right now. :| Sorry, but I'm glad I could help with the other thing.
    MomGinny wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I feel like I remember someone saying something about it somewhere on the forums here but I can't track it down right now. :| Sorry, but I'm glad I could help with the other thing.
    I appreciate any help. =) Thank you very much, I'll do more digging!
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    You can add the 'c/m' swatch image to a package in ColourMagic but you then probably want to replace it with your own 32x32 .dds image in s4pe.

If your package already starts with a swatch image (some tops already have them for example) then you don't need to add the c/m image as you can just replace the existing image in s4pe.

Once you find the swatch image in s4pe I use 'replace...' from the right click menu and then stick in my custom 32x32 .dds.
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    You can add the 'c/m' swatch image to a package in ColourMagic but you then probably want to replace it with your own 32x32 .dds image in s4pe.<br />
    <br />
    If your package already starts with a swatch image (some tops already have them for example) then you don't need to add the c/m image as you can just replace the existing image in s4pe.<br />
    <br />
    Once you find the swatch image in s4pe I use 'replace...' from the right click menu and then stick in my custom 32x32 .dds.
    Ah! It was replace, not import. Thank you!
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Remember the swatch dds has to have DXT1 compression, not DXT5 like clothing textures :)
  • kiwisims4kiwisims4 Posts: 36 Member
    Changing thumbnails , just delete the cache file and it will reload the thumbnail cache
    > @Srikandi715 said:
    > Remember the swatch dds has to have DXT1 compression, not DXT5 like clothing textures

I think it actually works with either, though I'll have to test to be certain. I'm pretty sure I accidentally imported a DXT5 swatch and it still worked. However, you may as well use DXT1/BC1 since the swatch image doesn't use an alpha channel.
    Remember the swatch dds has to have DXT1 compression, not DXT5 like clothing textures :)
    I had noticed that it was DXT1 when I was trying to import it, so chalk one up to being observant for me! =D

• shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2014
    @MyreMylar

Hmm... DXT5 has never worked for me, but if you figure it out let us know! It'll save me the trouble of having to constantly switch between the two (I'm lazy okay :p)

On a side note, where on earth can I download that Loki T-shirt that is on your avatar. I need it like right now. :#

Edited to fix typos
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com
    > On a side note, where on earth can I download that Loki T-shirt that is on your avatar. I need it like right now. :#

I haven't been bothering to upload stuff in case it all needed fixing when the game comes out, but since you asked:

http ://www.myrespace.com/sims4/ymTop_ShirtTeeShort_WLFLoki.zip (you will need to remove the space after http to make the link work)

hopefully it works for you!
  • shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    <br />
    I haven't been bothering to upload stuff in case it all needed fixing when the game comes out, but since you asked:<br />
    <br />
    http ://www.myrespace.com/sims4/ymTop_ShirtTeeShort_WLFLoki.zip (you will need to remove the space after http to make the link work)<br />
    <br />
    hopefully it works for you!

It worked for me!

yrgm3HysLXZ0XvhAXwdGoani588AI8wGs6xtnqLuuUIT1g0TPDQ4WpGVJ1v82Jrjya-zMsBsLOk=w1576-h612

He looks so good in his new shirt. :) Thank you so much!
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com