Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats wrong with the TS2 Ultimate Edition

djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
Ive downloaded the game, Ive patched it! And yet every where my Sim goes there is dark square spot where my Sims are walking. And urggghhh ... I hate how my game feels enlarged, I tried fixing it through the game settings and it wont allow me to do so! I feel like uninstalling it and putting normal Sims 2 game back on.

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello!

I read on SimsVIP (can't find the article right now, got buried) that if you lower your shadows and I think I also lowered my lighting to medium that will fix it. It worked for me. I hope it works for you. You will find it in the setting I believe it is above the resolution.

Hope this helps!

:D
  • fecklessrudiefecklessrudie Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2014
    Or if you still want nice shadows (on the highest setting of course—like tree shadows and such) except for your Sims' shadows (since, y'know, they're black rectangular pits of darkness anyway), this place has instructions to do so under the section "Windows 8: Black Shadows Box Issue".
    Go to leefish[dot]nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

(Replace "[dot]" with a period since I can't post links.)

Oh! There's also a program that changes the resolution AND fixes the black rectangular shadows issue all at once by editing your graphics rules file for you called Graphics Rules Maker, which can be found at the Sims Network site. Takes some tweaking with the settings though, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Easier than manually fiddling with the files yourself, at least. Don't wanna post too many "links" though 'cause I don't wanna get into too much trouble. :wink:

Oh, I should also add the program does the same thing as the first method I mentioned, so you'll also have nice shadows, just without the Sim shadows.

Edit: I just noticed how impossible it is to find the program if you don't know where to look, heh (or if you don't Google). It's under Simpedia > The Sims 2 > Editions: The Sims 2 > Specials: Graphics Rules Maker - Improve Compatibility with Modern Systems
    Post edited by fecklessrudie on
    AryBzxr.png
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I used an older NVidia driver, July 2013, and I was able to keep the higher shadows. However, I found that I really didn't miss having them, and later just turned shadows down to medium. It doesn't make that big a difference.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    had same problem so I just set shadows to medium and now its fine