Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 mac advice

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CoolcAitCoolcAit Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I play sims on 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor and with a memory of 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3????
  • Options
    FengaxFengax Posts: 9 New Member
    Contrary to the popular opinion, I think your MBA can run Sims 4. Albeit the graphics will not be pretty and the frames may not be that nice, but I think you can squeeze a 20+ FPS on Sims 4 if you avoid really crowded places. I'm not making guarantees, but this is based upon an educated guess.

FYI, I used to play Sims 4 on my 2013 MBP and would get decent FPS with medium-low graphics setting and laptop mode enabled.

Also, I realize your specs are below min specs and laptops don't have a dGPU, but from the years of trying to play AAA titles on a 2013 MPB I have come to realize that minimum requirements aren't always true.

First, I definitely recommend Bootcamp with at least Windows 7. Windows simply gives you more freedom to edit graphics config files that otherwise wouldn't be possible on Mac.

For In-Game settings:

1. Set your resolution to 1280x720 maximum. You might think that it will look pixelated, but it won't, and this is coming from personal experience playing on a MBP. Because your laptop screen is small, the pixel density is higher meaning that even a lower resolution will not seem pixelated to you.
    2. Turn all your graphics setting to the lowest and enable laptop mode.

After this, try the game. If this is still unplayable (remember, 20 - 30 FPS is good enough for your specs, you won't get anything higher, so don't expect too much), then try the following:

1. Setting your Windows power option to ultimate performance.
    2. Disable windows animations, e.g the dragging animation. There are plenty tutorials online.
    3. Close all your background apps, e.g Steam or Adobe.

If this STILL doesn't make your game playable, try searching "Sims 4 Game Setting Low Spec". There should be some videos about editing graphics config files that aren't available in game in order to boost FPS.