Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 CC by KitOnlyHuman (CAS)

Comments

• KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Please note that I am updating the post to indicate that none of these are updated for the game as of now. If you'd like to learn more, please go here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775807/important-color-magic-packages-need-to-be-re-created-for-the-released-game#latest
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Please note that I am updating the post to indicate that none of these are updated for the game as of now. If you'd like to learn more, please go here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775807/important-color-magic-packages-need-to-be-re-created-for-the-released-game#latest

I feel somewhat silly for just having tested the glass I downloaded from you and then coming to see this post. haha. They sure are cute though!
    HSon1Mq.png

I feel somewhat silly for just having tested the glass I downloaded from you and then coming to see this post. haha. They sure are cute though!

I will be sure to @ everyone that's posted here when I get everything updated. And yes, that sim is amazingly cute! =D
    Will you guys please take this poll for me so that I can find the best way to package up my downloads for you? Thanks! http://goo.gl/d7epvn
    New OP layout for all of my friends and updated content! You can now use the MediaFire link to see the CAS Demo Only files and the updated files in the main folder! Requests are more than welcome!

@azyala @Catsza @CrazyboutTheSims @Darkling @ems0309 @Ezforu2 @fozzybear98 @HighMagister @jessathemessa @kiwisims4 @Maclimes @MadameButterfly @midnightpearl @MomGinny @NormanYap @pinkstar6206 @PrincessFayth6 @rollersk8chik @rosemow @simfeetunder @skm36 @Tahera @xox_sugarlips_xox
  • Ezforu2cEzforu2c Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 2014
    Kit I tried to contact you last night regarding the underwear cc you gave me the link to try out for you. I wanted to inform you that the cc crashed my computer. I have been told that Mediafire has a virus or something to that effect so you might want to consider going to another hosting site to upload it somewhere else. I tried contacting you via Origin once my computer went through the motions of trying to restart itself so that it could be functioning again, but when I attempted to start the conversation you switched to away and that was after I typed in that my computer had crashed. Which I won't lie that made me feel a certain way. Since I have met you we have had some nice exchanges and I want to believe that this was not malicious in any way because you are nice and you are new with creating cc. So I'm sure this is something that is normal or better yet can happen to whomever. However, when I can't get a hold of you and there is nothing said to the effect of I apologize or something like that it makes me wonder. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt being that I have never played "guinea pig" for anyone, but was willing to step out on a limb for you for whatever reason. So please do not send anyone to the Mediafire link because there is a problem with it.
    Post edited by Ezforu2c on
    Ezforu2c wrote: »
    Kit I tried to contact you last night regarding the underwear cc you gave me the link to try out for you. I wanted to inform you that the cc crashed my computer. I have been told that Mediafire has a virus or something to that effect so you might want to consider going to another hosting site to upload it somewhere else. I tried contacting you via Origin once my computer went through the motions of trying to restart itself so that it could be functioning again, but when I attempted to start the conversation you switched to away and that was after I typed in that my computer had crashed. Which I won't lie that made me feel a certain way. Since I have met you we have had some nice exchanges and I want to believe that this was not malicious in any way because you are nice and you are new with creating cc. So I'm sure this is something that is normal or better yet can happen to whomever. However, when I can't get a hold of you and there is nothing said to the effect of I apologize or something like that it makes me wonder. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt being that I have never played "guinea pig" for anyone, but was willing to step out on a limb for you for whatever reason. So please do not send anyone to the Mediafire link because there is a problem with it.

That's interesting. The files that are uploaded to Mediafire have been working well in my own and other's games without a problem. Did you accidentally click the wrong download file on the Mediafire page? I have AdBlock so I wouldn't know if it has ads or misleading download links. I do not think that there is a correlation between your crash and the cc that I asked you to test the link for me.

As for your message, I don't remember seeing it personally. I was watching Battlestar Gallactica all night and after a while, I just decided to stop multitasking and switch it to full screen. That's probably why I didn't notice. Cuz that freakin' show has one of the best storylines I've ever seen.

I'm sorry if you felt offended or targeted. Of course, if there is another report of this, I would like to know straight away. Thank you.
    I prefer to not download from mediafire at all but have never had valid things come with any viruses or anything. Stuff like torrents sometimes do but it's best to leave that stuff alone anyway.
    @KitOnlyHuman did you update the glasses since I posted? I could test them and whatever @Ezforu2c tested and let you know if I have the issue also.
    For CC to crash the whole computer is bananas, not saying it's not possible but I don't think mediafire could stick a virus inside a package file that would crash a computer, there's no reason for them to either? That'd be lame.
    HSon1Mq.png
    I prefer to not download from mediafire at all but have never had valid things come with any viruses or anything. Stuff like torrents sometimes do but it's best to leave that stuff alone anyway.
    @KitOnlyHuman did you update the glasses since I posted? I could test them and whatever @Ezforu2c tested and let you know if I have the issue also.
    For CC to crash the whole computer is bananas, not saying it's not possible but I don't think mediafire could stick a virus inside a package file that would crash a computer, there's no reason for them to either? That'd be lame.
    They are updated, yes! Please let me know if you have any problems.
  • NOXID334NOXID334 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Ezforu2c said:
    > Kit I tried to contact you last night regarding the underwear cc you gave me the link to try out for you. I wanted to inform you that the cc crashed my computer. I have been told that Mediafire has a virus or something to that effect so you might want to consider going to another hosting site to upload it somewhere else. I tried contacting you via Origin once my computer went through the motions of trying to restart itself so that it could be functioning again, but when I attempted to start the conversation you switched to away and that was after I typed in that my computer had crashed. Which I won't lie that made me feel a certain way. Since I have met you we have had some nice exchanges and I want to believe that this was not malicious in any way because you are nice and you are new with creating cc. So I'm sure this is something that is normal or better yet can happen to whomever. However, when I can't get a hold of you and there is nothing said to the effect of I apologize or something like that it makes me wonder. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt being that I have never played "guinea pig" for anyone, but was willing to step out on a limb for you for whatever reason. So please do not send anyone to the Mediafire link because there is a problem with it.

I just downloaded it and it runs perfectly fine for me ingame.
  • SabreWolfSabreWolf Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded, scanned and extracted and have no issues. The game started up and a window popped up with all the mods. The underwear skins look great! Sorry you are having troubles Ez4u... But I can vouch its not Kit's content...
    They are updated, yes! Please let me know if you have any problems.

First, let me start off by saying that I too have never had an issue with Mediafire downloads before present, and after talking with a couple of people they advised that Mediafire was on the downhill spiral that is why people were shifting to Onedrive and other hosting sites. So with that being said I will upload the picture of what happened to my computer after said download. Considering I use this computer for gaming only, as I use my MAC for my work needs I am very careful as to what I put in this computer. Now I have never and I mean never seen this blue screen before so whatever caused it is unknown as I am not a computer genius. All I know is I tested the CC and then my computer crashed so whether or not mediafire did it or the programming was a little off is not my concern. However, if a problem exists I did not want anyone else to have to experience what I did.
    smdfk7.jpg

Tested all the undies and they work
    Next up is the glasses.
    But both zipped files downloaded and extracted with no issues and the game didn't crash when I started it up with all these items.

I'm not a windows person (been using them way longer than mac but prefer mac) but I did a search on that pfn_list thing and it seems to be memory related.
    HSon1Mq.png
    Tested all the undies and they work
    Next up is the glasses.
    But both zipped files downloaded and extracted with no issues and the game didn't crash when I started it up with all these items.

I'm not a windows person (been using them way longer than mac but prefer mac) but I did a search on that pfn_list thing and it seems to be memory related.

Thanks simfeetunder. I have been using MAC for the last 8 1/2 years and just recently went back to Windows and have not had any issues before. So when I downloaded and uploaded the lingerie everything came up as usual, and I went into the section where they would be and put them on and they looked great. Then like I said my computer crashed. So with that I figured it was probably something in the coding, but then talking with people they said Mediafire was bad now so then I figured maybe it was something with them. I appreciate the feedback with the pfn message.

@Ezforu2c

Ah, the blue screen of death. PFN file corrupts when the BSOD cannot understand something in the memory. It is suggested to try one RAM at a time to isolate which one might be causing this. I don't know if you already fixed it or are on another computer at the moment, but that would be my next course of action. It is directly related to reading the files necessary to startup the computer so it can be caused by poorly written device drivers up to the point of file corruption by viruses.

Did you manage past the blue screen to scan for a virus? If you find out a name of the virus, we can research further into where it might have come from.
    Glasses all work fine as well.
    HSon1Mq.png
    SabreWolf wrote: »
    I downloaded, scanned and extracted and have no issues. The game started up and a window popped up with all the mods. The underwear skins look great! Sorry you are having troubles Ez4u... But I can vouch its not Kit's content...

Thanks Sabre for your feedback as well. I am researching this pfn issue now.

@Ezforu2c

Ah, the blue screen of death. PFN file corrupts when the BSOD cannot understand something in the memory. It is suggested to try one RAM at a time to isolate which one might be causing this. I don't know if you already fixed it or are on another computer at the moment, but that would be my next course of action. It is directly related to reading the files necessary to startup the computer so it can be caused by poorly written device drivers up to the point of file corruption by viruses.

Did you manage past the blue screen to scan for a virus? If you find out a name of the virus, we can research further into where it might have come from.

Thanks Kit I guess it was the luck of the draw that this would happen once I d/l. So with that I apologize to you. I shall further investigate this issue and if I can't fix it myself I guess I will be doing a trip to the geek squad unfortunately.

edited September 2014
    @Ezforu2c

Thanks Kit I guess it was the luck of the draw that this would happen once I d/l. So with that I apologize to you. I shall further investigate this issue and if I can't fix it myself I guess I will be doing a trip to the geek squad unfortunately.
    =S Geek squads are rarely as helpful as people make them out to be unfortunately. Pretty overpriced. I build my own computer, and tend to encounter the most random things, so I just learn as I go and hope that I remember for future cases. Lol. I've only had blue screens related to video card issues.

Let us know how things go. I sincerely hope things get back up and running.

And edit: I'm sorry for calling you my victim. DX It was just a joke at the time!
    Glasses all work fine as well.

Thank you again. The others I'm waiting for the cloner tool (custom thumbnails whee!) to be updated so for now, that's the only two I'm planning to update.
    @Ezforu2c

=S Geek squads are rarely as helpful as people make them out to be unfortunately. Pretty overpriced. I build my own computer, and tend to encounter the most random things, so I just learn as I go and hope that I remember for future cases. Lol. I've only had blue screens related to video card issues.

Let us know how things go. I sincerely hope things get back up and running.

And edit: I'm sorry for calling you my victim. DX It was just a joke at the time!

Yes it was the the blue screen of death. :( I managed past it finally after it shut down multiple times to rewrite the files and so forth. Lol...it's quite alright about the victim statement :) It's funny how things work but I am so glad that there is clarity to what I experienced and there wasn't any damage done to you, and ultimately my computer is fine, I think.
    Updated OP: Loop Belt dresses have their own thumbnail now and are base game compatible! =D
    Updated OP again: All CC is updated for base game! Yay! Now to start on my Jeans collection. ^.^
    tumblr_nbfth6FE2I1tjirgzo1_500.jpg
  • mkryanmkryan Posts: 172 Member
    Gasp! Another female Kit? I've never met one before! I'm a Kit, too! Short for Kathleen. THIS IS SO EXCITING. I've only ever met male Kits, who were short for Christopher.

And also your stuff is totally gorgeous!
    Let's be friends! My Origin name is musikitty :p