Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about playing with your sim-self

I think I just realized that very few simmers only play with their sim self like myself. I've made simselves since sims 1,2,3 and 4 now. in all sims games, i have probably played more than 95% of my game with my sim self in the household.

So if you play with your sim self very often, tell why? And if you dont play with it almost at all, why?

Comments

• kitsunekyokokitsunekyoko Posts: 177 Member
    I don't play with my sim self since I find it a bit disturbing to possibly get the romantic messages like Goopy would like to go out on a date or seeing myself die. Also too potentially sad if you think about it, Sim self goes onto become astronaut well there's no chance same could be true for me. I suppose it's like wish for fillment in reverse if something looks and is based on me, but only based with no looks is ok.
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    I don't play with my Simself at all. Because I already exist, I have a real life to take part in, I guess! I just find it way more fun to invent a made up Sim and run their life for them.
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • FeMillahFeMillah Posts: 201 Member
    I made my very first simself last year, and I've been playing for 14 years, I never really had the need to play with my simself, but I found it funny to play with once I made me and my boyfriend, I use alias though so it not really portraying my life but more my fantasy life ;) (where Im a doctor rather than a scientist, and I have 4 kids )
    SATC-GIF.gif
  • AmmalineAmmaline Posts: 113 Member
    I sometimes make myself and my husband just to see what we do when left to our own devices, but I frequently get bored (in 3 at least) or somehow weirded out.

If the AI in this one is more interesting I would try again, but otherwise probably not!
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    The thread title sounds kind of dirty...
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    yeah i can relate with the death thing. thats the only bad problem i have always had with playing with my sim self. I would never really play through generations of a single family cause I never wanted my sim to age and die!! I never used cheat codes though or turned off aging, I just used aspiration rewards and genie lamps. one time i let myself die and then revived myself and then used some rejuvenation aspiration reward. my grandchildren were older than me
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    I don't tend to play as my sim self, i find it a bit odd watching myself do things that I could be doing in real life, like going to the park or eating, plus it would be very depressing to see a simself die.

I prefer to play as a random sim and have them live a crazy life that isn't actually possible for myself. Such as a sim who is a vampire, has 6 children and a unicorn, has killed off 3 husbands and is a millionaire. :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
    > @JoeWow1003 said:
    > The thread title sounds kind of dirty...
    i know, especially if i changed sim self to self sim
  • VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    In the previous versions of TheSims making a Simself was entering the uncanny valley... at least for me.
    Playing with it - totally out of the question!

Things have changed though.
    ... jinkies oO
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    The thread title sounds kind of dirty...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

I was about to post something about how I'm not mature enough to not giggle at the title!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    My friends and I all create and share our Sims Selves and then we post our weird, funny, tragic, even boring stories to each other. XD I guess it's a way we hang out, in a sense? Especially since many of us only know each other on line. Ha ha.
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    read title
    giggled like a 12 year old.
    Looked at time
    12:50am
    IRJsECv.png
  • iPatrickediPatricked Posts: 260 Member
    It just feels a bit ... awkward. Besides, I'd rather create characters and have new stories than just recreate myself.
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    > @JoeWow1003 said:<br />
    > The thread title sounds kind of dirty...<br />
    i know, especially if i changed sim self to self sim
    I will give you a million virtual cookies if you change the title to that

( o.o)> :cookie: <- Down payment
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    Though at 4am my time, I wouldn't listen to anything I suggest you do.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    Well i think i've gotten my answer. All of you think its weird or awkward to play with your sim self. I dont feel that way at all, i've never felt weird about it. I don't know what it is to feel weird about. I usually make my self sim really successful, genius, rich and with several girlfriends. Maybe this is because i'm 16 and i'm not really living a fully independent adult life in the real world yet, i'm not sure.
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I don't like playing me, I like creating either original people/families or I like to create my real life friends and even enemies (my enemies live bad lives in my games)
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I never play with my simself. It's to weird. Plus why would I want to stare at myself. I'd rather look at something prettier. .. or a hot male sim... just not .
  • duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would play with my simself

IF I COULD EVEN MAKE A CLOSE RESEMBLANCE.

I may have to wait for some good CC or stuff/expansion packs before I can even make myself
  • maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    Never do. It just seems...wrong :blush:
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I play with a simself from time to time. I feel a little weird going beyond my real life as I don't know what will happen IRL but it can be fun too. Sometimes I go realistic, sometimes I give her the life I'd like to have. That's what my current simself is doing. She's well off thanks to reaching the top of the Journalism career, as well as being a very successful author. I have been building her a home set over canals. It's not finished yet but already has all the necessary living quarters. The beds and furnishings are no longer the lowest priced items. She's an elder now but I'm planning to follow her son, who has just started university, and do a legacy style game. It started off as a realistic game but then my simself's in game husband ended up with an alien baby and it had been so long since I got one, I had to raise her. :) She's attending university with her half-brother now.

I also carried out an experiment where I gave the above simself an older sister who was my "realistic" simself with whom I tried to reflect my real life, but after university I gave her a house and left her to her own devices while I played the sister. The realistic one ended up with a couple of kids but her career was nowhere near as successful as the one I was playing, even with the NRAAS mod.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    I always make my simself and my husband first. I've been doing this since TS1, actually. (Well, when I played TS1 it was my simself and my ex.) But, once I create them I usually just add them to the neighborhood and don't play them much. I'll pop in on them from time to time, but for the most part I just kind of like seeing them walk around the neighborhood. I tend to play my other characters a lot more.

I guess I don't play my simself much because, well, I'm me every day. I like to create new characters to play with in the game.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • AntiSocialSim72AntiSocialSim72 Posts: 186 Member
    I had a game, a long long time ago, where I had self-sims of me and my husband and recreated our lives from teenager on. It's the only time I've ever done rotational play in TS3 and it was...challenging, but a lot of fun.

I do have a current game of our married self-sims but it weirds my husband out when I talk about it, so I don't play it very often :p I do also tend to put "us" as a couple into whatever town I'm playing, because I like to see what NRaas SP does to "us"!

I actually can't stand to play my own self-sim much because she's absent minded :p
  • xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    I have never really played my simself because I just find it too weird :)
    vht3wy.jpg