Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question Regarding Neighborhoods?

Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
When I first started with Sims 2, I made quite a few sims trying to perfect my method of making them. I now have all of these sims in the different hoods. I was wondering if there was a way to start over? Do I have to delete a folder or something? I now know that I will make a test world (hopefully) when I want to test how I build/create something.
If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You don't have to delete any of the worlds that are in the game, I'm not sure what the limit of worlds allowed is, but it is quite a lot. There are only two things you must never ever do in TS2, if you do it will corrupt the game file and eventually make it unplayable. First thing to never do is to delete any sim, even those in the bin. For some reason even though a sim is deleted part of their files are still in there. Second thing to never do is to move a sim from one neighborhood to another. What happens here is they will keep the files of all the sims that they know and carrying them over to the new neighborhood, even though though those sims are not there. When I say move a sim from one hood to another it would be like taking a sim from Pleasantview to Strangetown. You can move them from one town such as Pleasantview to the Downtown or the Shopping District that is associated with Pleasantview. I hope that made sense. It is safe to delete a whole town folder if you so choose.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello!

You can reset the hoods if you want to start fresh.
    Here is a great article explaining how on MTS and EA help. With the UC version the file on win 7-8 will be in c/ program files (x86):

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Reset_Neighborhoods

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-reset-towns-in-the-sims-2/

Hope this helps.

:D
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2014
    Some other things to NEVER do in TS2:

Do not sell gravestones/urns. This has the same result as deleting Sims. Bits of the files attach themselves to other Sim files and a domino effect of corruption will begin.

Do not add certain NPCs to your household such as the Grim Reaper and Ms. Crumplebottom.
    Requirements I follow:
    - If the NPC is the only one in the hood - leave it alone! The game will not regenerate another and they cannot perform their intended functions, royally screwing up your game.
    Some NPCs are exempt from this, so use the combo of these requirements that I listed here. Example, you will find that Bigfoot is intended to be added to your family.
    - If the NPC does not have a proper first and last name. An example would be the tour guides.
    - If you cannot perform "normal" interactions. Sometimes interactions will open up as you interact with some NPCs, but if there are only certain limited interactions, don't try to force them to be something they aren't.

Some NPCs are coded as objects and not Sims so their files are not complete to function as Sims. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks all.. :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.