Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Need links to blog sites for others wanting to post stories on a blog site.

TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
I'm asking for links to other blog site that are much more user-friendly than Blogspot is.I've not been able to make Blogspot work with my stories and need to use another blog site.
44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
Post edited by TadOlson on

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi TadOlson, what about wordpress. That's where my legacy is going to be posted.

https://wordpress.com/
    Post edited by Puddinroy on
    :) Smile!

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Thanks though it needs to be a working link for me to be able to use it.I've had terrible luck with searches getting things like Hotshots,Conduit or SpeedSearchDial installed onto my computer.They're all nightmares to get rid of and the third one screws up browser settings.I've often gad bad luck with searches.

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    What about Blogspot was giving you issues? It will help to figure out what site would be best for your stories.
    edited August 2014
    It wasn't posting my stories correctly and kept making messes of the sentences and paragraphs by scattering the text all over the place on the published blog.I've got a picture of the horrible mess I get every time I try to post a blog there.
    BlogSpot is obviously very user-unfriedly unless you want to do computer programming just to get blogs to turn out.
    14938526011_f2544e583a_c.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I use weebly, I hate wordpress with a passion, it made everything difficult on me. Blogger is turning into a glitchy mess. Weebly is easy to use, and seems stable.
    Do you have the post still up? Maybe I can help figure out what's causing the issue. I'd hate to suggest another site and then you go there and the same thing happens. When the "thing" has a simple fix on either site that you just aren't aware of yet.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Good luck
    :) Smile!

I can still use BlogSpot for a few things though I'll have to use another one for my stories.I'll post links there and use it for photo albums.
    Just post if you need help with Wordpress. I use it fairly often and can help troubleshoot.
  • CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    Many people use tumblr. There's a whole community. We call them "simblrs"
    LE45tmE.png
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I use blogger though that may not be what you're looking for.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    I've got something set up with Weebly to try it out.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I use Blogger without too much difficulty and we all know how bad I am with computers ! Good Luck with Weebly :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I found Weebly seems easier to get the layout I want and to get the text size I want while BlogSpot isn't working out for posting the actual stories though it might be great for photo albums and a message board for linking the real stories.
    I don't know what was up with your post, I've never had blogger (aka blogspot) do that to any of my stories I've had on Blogger. However, very few people that I know of on here use weebly whereas more of us use Blogger or Wordpress so if you have issues in the future (sites like to change for the sake of changing), you'll likely have to go to the official weebly forums for assistance.
    I have seen enough of Weebly to know that it's way more user-friendly than BlogSpot which is terribly glitchy and like to make messes of blog updates when you try to publish them.BlogSpot is still great for message boards and announcing my updates though I'm not sure it's usable for all of my stories.
    I haven't experienced any glitches with Blogger. At least not ones that weren't fixed by Blogger in a reasonable time frame.

Blogger isn't for message boards. It's for blogs. I've read numerous stories on Blogger so obviously it's not terribly glitchy.

And in the future when Weebly decides to change things for the sake of changing them (all sites do this), and you run into issues because there are glitches in the roll out (it happens), you'll likely have to go to Weebly's official site for help as not many Simmers use Weebly. That's what I'm saying.

If you used Wordpress or decided to figure out what was causing the issue with Blogger, we Simmers would have been able to help figure out if the issue was truly a glitch or user error. Without you having to explain what you're trying to do. Personally, I'd have loved to figure out how your glitch happened. Because text wrapping around a picture may provide for a lovely means of telling a story, if it wasn't a glitch.
    edited August 2014
    I woouldn't mind that if the text displayed properly and wasn't scattering all over the screen.It looks like BlogSpot stories have to post like message boards and I've got something to show how it looks in that style.
    14763965219_9fa72b475d_c.jpg
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    Ah, ok, that's what you meant by message boards. And most sites are like that. Wordpress is the same as Blogger I would imagine in that regard, it isn't brought up in a comparison of the two blog sites.

And message board style is the style I prefer use on mine primarily so it doing that doesn't bother me.
    That version of my blog isn't great though it's at least acceptable to publish later.I just wish I could've used bigger lettering to make it easier to read without the text scattering all over the page when it gets published.