Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some helpful tips for Sims 4 players

JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
To help cope with the, ahem, "loss", of certain features in Sims 4 here are some tips to help smooth the transition:

No family trees:
Get some good ol' fashioned graph paper and graph out that family tree yourself!

No toddlers:
Just pretend the first 3 days of the child's life they are a toddler. Don't let them go to school, have an adult Sim talk to them a lot to pretend they are teaching them to talk, have an adult Sim walk side by side with them a lot to pretend they are teaching them to walk. The possibilities are literally endless.

No pools:
Have your Sim take a bath over and over again to simulate the Sim swimming.

No open world:
When you have a Sim visit another lot load up a sound track of a car accelerating and driving down a road then close your eyes and imagine your Sim is driving to their destination in an open world. Hey! This could help cope with no cars as well! Twofer!

Well, those are all the tips I have for now. Feel free to share your tips to help the Sims community!
greenXen wrote: »
Yeah, and don't worry about the lack of CASt or colorwheel. You can just get out your magic markers and change the color right on your computer screen.
Candyr277 wrote: »
No cars:
Use the enlarge object cheat to enlarge a toy car. Use the MoveObjects cheat to place it in the driveway......oh wait.
Quelsimmy wrote: »
Don't like not seeing a rabbithole while your sim is at work?
Take a screenshot from the building in sims 3, print it and stick it on your screen!
Sad that there is no newspaper anymore?
Dump some trash next to your front door every day and then have your sim clean it up right away, like the old times!
JoeWow1003 wrote: »
No favorite color:
Just dress your Sim in only red or only blue (etc) so you can pretend that's their favorite color!

No favorite food:
Have your Sim only eat one particular kind of food. You can thank me later.

No zodiac sign:
This one is easy actually. Take Taurus for example; just pretend your Sim is a Taurus and make them always act stubborn and bullheaded. You can even find a nice site with daily horoscopes so you can see how your Sim should act that day and how they should interact with other Sims depending on the signs you mentally assigned to them.
Also, if you don't like the look of the new action que--just stick a row of post-its across the top left of your monitor--with your sims actions written on them B)
No basements:
This one is a no brainer. Simply go to another lot and build a house on that top and just pretend that's really a basement, then have your Sim move back and forth between lots whenever you want to visit the basement. This can be tricky though! Since it's a basement you have to pretend the top floor of the house is the first floor of the basement.
No terrain tools:
If you want to simulate your Sim walking down a hill then tilt your monitor down as he walks down the "hill." Same for when he goes back up that "hill", only you know, in reverse; tilt the monitor up. This is actually better than previous Sims games because now you can simulate your Sim falling down a hole by simply pushing your monitor off your desk. Realism!

Alternate terrain tools tip:
Terrain tools?

Step one: Take a photo of your finished lot.
Step two: Photoshop it so it looks like there are hills, valleys...ponds, you name it.
Step three: Build a square around your entire lot using walls.
Step four: Create a wallpaper recolor using your photoshopped image--be creative!
Step five: Upload the wallpaper recolor to your game.
Step six: Apply your new wallpaper to the backdrop you've created around your lot using walls.
Step seven: Enjoy!
Can't move babies away from their bassinet? Just buy a doll in game and whenever you want to take the baby to another room just put the doll in your Sim's inventory and when they reach their destination put the baby on the ground. Never have to worry about leaving your baby in their bassinet ever again!
Alizatina wrote: »
Miss dealing your sims having acne?
Rub bacon fat all over your face and then you can deal with your acne!

Miss the experience of the Repo Man?
Do not pay your sims' bills and when their power or water gets shut off, delete your Sim's toilet!

Miss the experience of being burgled?
In the middle of the night, roll a d20- Under 10? You have been burgled! Then roll another d20- Over 10? You beat up the Burglar! Under 10? The Burglar successfully burgled your house, delete 1d4 items from your house!
Loading screens:
Note the time on your computer at the start of a loading screen. When the loading screen has finished simply set the time on your computer back to what it was when the loading screen started. Viola! Loading screens are now instantaneous!
No aliens:
Seriously? Have you SEEN some of the Sims people make? You can most certainly still have aliens in Sims 4.
MVWdeZT wrote: »
Teens are too tall:

Give them the slumped-over walk style.
No story progression:
Write down a bunch of story progression things from Sims 3 (promotion, married, child, etc) on pieces of paper. Put them all into a hat. Whenever your Sim interacts with another Sim pull a piece of paper out of the hat and apply it towards that Sim. Keep the game fresh for years to come!

Alternative to story progression:
Miss Story Progression? Invite total strangers to play other households while you are at the grocery story.
No traditional careers:

Get a job!
317igt2.jpg

Why *DO* you have so much time to play Sims anyway?
We use/borrow/steal (?) the idea a (? Russian?) simmer had created at the Creator camp?
* Use fountain tool to create a fake pool? :)
Or...
Put a ring of sinks outside, let them break and create puddles - let Sim run across puddles.
Waterslide/ fake pool?
Umm...
Group together tubs outside-pretend its' a ...
Sectional Pool!
or Hottub!

*Goes back to iced coffee -brain can't think beyond pools ... *
:D

s
Bubblez800 wrote: »
If you don't like the emotions, make your sims do nothing all day and they won't get frustrated/sad/happy about anything!
Post edited by JoeWow1003 on

Comments

• JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    So Sims 4 is gonna be a game of pretend? I don't even need a computer, I'll just close my eyes.

That's the ticket! No need to worry about system specs at all!

But you still have to buy the game. EA has that stuff copyrighted, you can't just steal their intellectual property like that.
    Yeah, and don't worry about the lack of CASt or colorwheel. You can just get out your magic markers and change the color right on your computer screen.

O!
    M!
    G!

Quite possibly the best piece of advice ever. I'm going to quote you on that on the first post.
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    No cars:
    Use the enlarge object cheat to enlarge a toy car. Use the MoveObjects cheat to place it in the driveway......oh wait.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    jzk3q.jpg
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    DISAGREE...but I still love you. :p

• InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »
    jzk3q.jpg

**Giggles** love the kitty post.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    Halle_M wrote: »
    DISAGREE...but I still love you. :p

Darn right!
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    Take a screenshot from the building in sims 3, print it and stick it on your screen!
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    OMG, I just took a look at your "Disagree" count! 1.2K! What the plumbob?! lol

I like to think I played some small part in getting you where you are today. You're welcome, Joe. :D
    First we complain about rabbit holes, now we miss them!?

So many helpful tips!

Remember to pre-order this game now to avoid the rush when the game is officially released :D
    edited August 2014
    Halle_M wrote: »
    OMG, I just took a look at your "Disagree" count! 1.2K! What the plumbob?! lol

I like to think I played some small part in getting you where you are today. You're welcome, Joe. :D

You're the best. I wouldn't be where I am today without your help :D

You're asking for consistency from the nay sayers. You don't want to plum at that windmill ;)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    lol witty
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Can we just have an empty Sims 4 case and pretend we got the game ;)
    knazzer wrote: »

If you use your imagination in any way to pretend you are playing the game or pretend you bought the game then no. Intellectual property theft is a very serious crime and carries stuff penalties.

To help avoid finding yourself in any sort of legal trouble I recommend pre-ordering the game today. Just in case.
    knazzer wrote: »
    I thought that was EA backup plan :D

• dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member

I kinda feel about the forums like Winston Churchill felt about Russia:
    Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma
  • ClassicStyleClassicStyle Posts: 154 Member

Imagine that you've got just a cold water, but you'd love to take a hot bath. The next thing you know, they shutoff the water supply to the entire city.
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    Sad that there is no newspaper anymore?
    Dump some trash next to your front door every day and then have your sim clean it up right away, like the old times!
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2014
    Also, if you don't like the look of the new action que--just stick a row of post-its across the top left of your monitor--with your sims actions written on them B)
    No favorite color:
    Just dress your Sim in only red or only blue (etc) so you can pretend that's their favorite color!

No favorite food:
    Have your Sim only eat one particular kind of food. You can thank me later.

No zodiac sign:
    This one is easy actually. Take Taurus for example; just pretend your Sim is a Taurus and make them always act stubborn and bullheaded. You can even find a nice site with daily horoscopes so you can see how your Sim should act that day and how they should interact with other Sims depending on the signs you mentally assigned to them.
    No basements:
    This one is a no brainer. Simply go to another lot and build a house on that top and just pretend that's really a basement, then have your Sim move back and forth between lots whenever you want to visit the basement. This can be tricky though! Since it's a basement you have to pretend the top floor of the house is the first floor of the basement.
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Someone make one up for terrain tools, coz I got nothin'. :\
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg