Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My DiCaprio CAS Creation Got Removed from CAS!?!?

I have two creations that went really popular on the gallery. Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp, both have reached nearly 2k downloads and 700+ favorites. You've probably seen them. The problem now is that I just noticed my Leo DiCaprio is no longer in the gallery and neither is he in my Library. I never deleted or removed him, how could this happen? My other creations are still up on the gallery, but Leo has disappeared!!

Comments

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    @Gazpzchoid, I remember you and all your great creations. That s*u*x* if they are somehow getting removed or disappearing :'( .

My only suggestion - ALWAYS keep a backup of the sims 4 CAS Demo folder! I use CD-R's (if it's less than 700 MB), also Flashdrive , especially for a bigger folder.

Start menu / Documents / ElectronicArts / The Sims4 CAS Demo/

I remember CeeJay said the sims we create or put in our Library are in the folder called "Tray".

Looking through my CAS Demo folder now, I discovered in the folder "Cache" a whole bunch of sims, or screenshots of them. I have only a few sims I've actually Downloaded, and a few in my Library, not a lot. So there's No Way this is something I've downloaded. There are A Lot of these screenshots/sims.

It's almost as if it's the whole gallery. Just weird!!

Anyhow if you have Leo in your files perhaps you can just Re-Upload him to the gallery?

Good Luck and let us know.
    I loaded up my Demo and went into the Gallery to look. Yep, Leonardo DiCaprio is gone. You have 24 Uploaded creations. I'm wondering if there's a limit that we haven't been informed of?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769849/what-folder-do-sims-save-to#latest

I'm also going to link you to this thread right here.

It may help you to "Find" Leo in your files and re-upload him.
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    yes i have him backed up. but if i reupload him, i doubt he will get many downloads now. and i'm kinda hesitant to reupload him, cause on the "upload to gallery" button it says he is already uploaded and asks me if i want to "remove him from gallery".... so i'd have to remove him for sure and then reupload a brand new version which sucks
    actually i cant even remove him. an error message pops up, says "could not process this request". neither can i showcase him.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    #Gazpachoid - I remember seeing both of those sims. LOVED Leonardo. If this is the kind of stuff we will "have to look forward to" when the game is released in just over two weeks, I can honestly say that there is NO WAY I am going to use this demo again. Or, by that time, buy the game. Eventually, I would have downloaded him. So sorry about you losing him. :'(
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    I can't help but wonder - WHEN the full game is released , installed, played - Will the Demo creations and gallery , and Library just smoothly assimilate?
    -
    In other words will I be able to keep all the sims I've created in the Demo and add them to the full game OR will there be some awful issue?

@Gazpachoid - I guess no one knows Why Leonardo isn't in the gallery / Library anymore and what exactly happened there? Of course it's up to you but , it doesn't seem likely he's going to suddenly reappear intact.

If it were me I'd probably agree to "delete" or remove hin from the gallery and then reupload as new. But you said it won't even let you do any of that? I wonder what in the freakin' glitch is going on there?
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Someone probably reported your DiCaprio Sim.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm wondering if DiCaprio didn't request it be removed. Celebrities have some control over how their likeness is used, I guess.

Lawyer friend tells me it would be a "Personality Rights Infringement": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_rights

Not likely to be a good publicity move though, IMO :p If I were a celeb, I'd be delighted if there were a lot of sim mes. I think ;)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm wondering if DiCaprio didn't request it be removed. Celebrities have some control over how their likeness is used, I guess.

Lawyer friend tells me it would be a "Personality Rights Infringement": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_rights

Not likely to be a good publicity move though, IMO :p If I were a celeb, I'd be delighted if there were a lot of sim mes. I think ;)

This was my thought. DiCaprio himself probably wouldn't even know about it; this sort of thing would be handled by other people as a matter of routine.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited August 2014
    Wouldn't it be nice if there were some sort of clue or notification so the creator knew WHY it was removed?? But then we all know the communication is SO great here (sarcasm).

I do sometimes wonder what celebs might think if they happen to come across a sim of themselves?! Or what about some of the lesser known "celebs" for instance reality show TV stars?

As for Leonardo, perhaps I shouldn't suggest this BUT you could slightly change the spelling of the name and /or just slightly tweak something, for instance change his hair, eye, or skincolor. The game will think he's a new sim and upload him to the gallery :) .

Yes you won't get back the thing that says he has 7000 downloads but that would just be something you have to accept.

Edit: You could even put in the discription box how many downloads he had previous, and an explaination of why he was reuploaded.
  • popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited August 2014
    Personality Rights, probably a stupid thing EA has just decided to put into place with the gallery creations after possible complaints from a celebrity or something. I'm not sure.
    Post edited by popstar7 on
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2014
    popstar7 wrote: »
    Personality Rights, probably a stupid thing EA has just decided to put into place with the gallery creations after possible complaints from a celebrity or something. I'm not sure.

It's not EA, it's U.S. law. It's the same as with copyright infringement: if someone (or their legal agent) decides to enforce their personality rights, you don't get to tell them no.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    This just happened to my Lady Gaga and Handsome Hank who was at the very top isn't there anymore either.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Yeah, sadly EA can get sued if you use someone as a template and upload it to EA's server.

In previous Sims games I suppose stuff you made within the game never actually resembled a great likeness without Mods. However in The Sims 4, the Sims are so similar that it's now enforced.
  • qcfruscianteqcfrusciante Posts: 66 Member
    Really? Isn't it just a bug or something? Maybe you guys should ask the server guys over gallery. But if this is really the case, are name parodies allowed?
  • Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited August 2014
    I understand if it is a celebrity (which mine was) but Handsome Hank wasn't, he was just a really really really handsome sim. So why would they take him down. He was like the 2nd most popular guy in the gallery.
    Post edited by Ladybug889 on
  • bluesingingrlbluesingingrl Posts: 28 Member
    This happened to me too, then later the Sim I created reappeared. I think it's just a glitch. I LOVE your Sims, btw. :)
    <quote> @Gazpachoid said:
    I have two creations that went really popular on the gallery. Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp, both have reached nearly 2k downloads and 700+ favorites. You've probably seen them. The problem now is that I just noticed my Leo DiCaprio is no longer in the gallery and neither is he in my Library. I never deleted or removed him, how could this happen? My other creations are still up on the gallery, but Leo has disappeared!!</quote>
    This happened to me too, then later the Sim I created reappeared. I think it's just a glitch. I LOVE your Sims, btw. :)<br />
    @Gazpachoid said:<br />
    I have two creations that went really popular on the gallery. Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp, both have reached nearly 2k downloads and 700+ favorites. You've probably seen them. The problem now is that I just noticed my Leo DiCaprio is no longer in the gallery and neither is he in my Library. I never deleted or removed him, how could this happen? My other creations are still up on the gallery, but Leo has disappeared!!

how much time later? i already deleted the original to reupload it
  • bluesingingrlbluesingingrl Posts: 28 Member
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    This happened to me too, then later the Sim I created reappeared. I think it's just a glitch. I LOVE your Sims, btw. :)<br />
    @Gazpachoid said:<br />

how much time later? i already deleted the original to reupload it

The next day. I saw your new one today, great job! The Gallery is a little quirky I think. Off topic, but does anyone else have a long wait time for the Sims4 demo to load? Mine takes a long time, stuck at the "Maxis" screen for about 2 minutes.

• burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member

Your DiCaprio is back.

Your DiCaprio is back.
    yeah i just saw it today! thanks!!!!! ea already scaring me with their pre-release bugs