Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Possible to Create an Animated CAS Background?

PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
edited August 2014 in General Mods Discussion
I feel really stupid asking this question, but here I go anyways...

I just realized that CAS does feel a bit empty since it only has a plain background with gradients, so I was wondering if it's possible for someone to create a dynamic background. For example, I would personally like to have "particle" effects floating in the background (example video below). I don't know that much about modding and what's possible/impossible/difficult, but I know custom CAS backgrounds are possible (there are already tons out there). I just want to know if dynamic backgrounds are possible. Thanks. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjI9hTWQxV4
(It should obviously be much less intrusive and a bit slower)
ypU37gD.gif
Pricefield forever.
Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared

Comments

• Options
    RosemaryGardensRosemaryGardens Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't think so :/ Because the background is a DLL file so I'm not too sure if it'd be possible to make an animated background unless there was a more in-depth mod with the coding of the game, which I doubt it will be possible to do so :\ Doesn't matter though, maybe someday!
  • Options
    FOS4KOFFOS4KOF Posts: 31 Member
    > @RosemaryGardens said:
    > I don't think so :/ Because the background is a DLL file so I'm not too sure if it'd be possible to make an animated background unless there was a more in-depth mod with the coding of the game, which I doubt it will be possible to do so :\ Doesn't matter though, maybe someday!

The dll most likely is merely an extension or at least a wrapper with an image file inside. If that happens to be a filetype that allows for animation it would probably be possible. If it is a scripted backdrop then it might be possible to script it so that it would animate. Can't be sure though. I'm not that clever :)