Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(IMPORTANT) We have new rankings. New Members can't post pics or links!

ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
edited October 2014 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-what-we-know/p1
06Bon06 wrote: »
So what we have gathered in this thread - Credit to everyone that posted there, you are all awesome!
- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770559/promoted-to-level-4-new-members-cannot-post-pictures/p1

1. New members can't post images
2. New members can't quote normally, they get arrows instead of the box.
3. To become a member you need 50 points. -You get points from badges. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges When someone likes or agrees on your post you get- 1 Point for Agree
1 Point for Like
-
4. New members cannot post links

Note: The level system has been replaced by this, you are either a member or not :)
Feel free to add :)

Disagrees do not lower points ;)

Special Thanks to @metalfenix_Raf @Quelsimmy @bflury for adding to the post ^^

This may effect contestants and comp host!!!

Badge points here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges

P.S.
The amount of post you have are on your pages!

Requirements: You need 50 Points, 30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member

Update: The agree button no longer exist, so you have may have lost points and got demoted. Try to post more since we're only down to "likes" and "LOL's" now.
Post edited by ColorMePink on

Comments

• SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    I hope someone figures out how many points one needs to turn into a member, because then we can just spam those new members who need to post pictures/links with likes and agrees XD
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Huh well you must get points from more than just likes/agrees I only have 7 and I already have my member badge with 89 points.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    I think you might need 50. Like, Agrees, and LOLs are 1 points. Badges vary. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges :o
    edited August 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote: »
    Huh well you must get points from more than just likes/agrees I only have 7 and I already have my member badge with 89 points.

Maybe the amount of post. I don't know. It's kind of confusing to me. :s

Edit: I think it must of been your post count.
    Just found this out. The amount of points you have is on your pages!
  • darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    Hey thanks for posting this. I feel completely out of the loop right now. lol.
  • SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited August 2014
    I is so confused lol. But thanks for posting this!
    1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
    You're welcome. :) Someone was posting really nasty pics earlier in the TS4 forums and EA just popped up with this. I figure I should post the news over here since posting pics is definitely important in this section. >_<
  • darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    oh really. eh. doesn't surprise me. people will try most anything at least once. i must say i do like the ability to save posts. that's cool. and it's easier to change icons so that's a plus too. still unsure about this website. maybe after awhile the newness will wear off and it will be like riding a bike again over here.
    edited August 2014
    To clear up the confusion even though I still get confused by it. lol The new rankings are below are post count under our avis. You either a member or new member and if you haven't post here at all it's blank till you post.

To become a official "member" rather than a "new member", you have to earn/have 50 points. To get points, people have to like, agree or click lol on your post and that equals up to points. Then those sometimes lead to badges, which also equal to points. You find the number of points you have on your profiles.

I went around on my own comp thread liking people post and liking their older post in other threads, so they could be official members and they could post their pics without issue. I suggest doing that if you have a contestant or even a host with NEW MEMBER under their post count, because otherwise they won't be able post any pictures or post links.

I hope that makes more sense. :s
    edited August 2014
    I'm still getting use to this site as well. I think it may take us all awhile to get use to it with them adding more and more things. >_>

I do like the features you mention though. They did improve the forum experience some with the added stuff they gave us.
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    I think we need to create a thread for those people that are currently "new members" so that we can help them get the points they need. :S
  • iamjacks_br0kenheartiamjacks_br0kenheart Posts: 135 Member
    @justkeepsimming that's a great idea!
    Origin ID: honeynut135
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    i wondered why i couldn't post links properly, ~_~ i may need spamming, @justkeepsimming, super good idea!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    I'm spamming people with likes now. xD
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I think we need to create a thread for those people that are currently "new members" so that we can help them get the points they need. :S

That's a great idea.
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
    a few likes did it, whoever it was thankyou! (• ε •) if anyone needs it back, i'm happy to spam them!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    That was me, Spackichan. No need to spam me back. I think a few members should be promoted up now.
    ah, thankyou! :)
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hey, thanks for posting this. I didn't even know we needed fifty points until I read this thread. :)
    85k4x.gif

• simscouturesimscouture Posts: 35 Member
    It's pretty odd that it is determined by how many likes you get instead of the time you've spent as a member on the forums.

That's a good idea. I can always make one or someone else and we can spam those people with likes.
    It's pretty odd that it is determined by how many likes you get instead of the time you've spent as a member on the forums.
    I agree. Anybody that signed up before 2014 should of automatically been made a member. :s I'll like your post since you're "new" still. ;)

• simscouturesimscouture Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2014
    I agree. Anybody that signed up before 2014 should of automatically been made a member. :s I'll like your post since you're "new" still. ;)

I agree, that would actually be a much better idea. And thank you. :)
  • Tanpopo09Tanpopo09 Posts: 30 Member
    This clears a lot up. Thanks.
    (Now I know why I couldn't post a pic of my sim.....)
    edited August 2014
    @simcouture You're welcome. :)
    Tanpopo09 wrote: »
    This clears a lot up. Thanks. <br />
    (Now I know why I couldn't post a pic of my sim.....)
    Well that's no good. Time to "like" everything you've ever done. ;)

Edit: Done. Someone must of been helping, because I ran out of stuff to like. :p