Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    What are lol's tho?

@pendragon1994,
    They were our "laugh out loud" reaction but got taken away due to some members abusing them. e.i: misusing them on things such as someone or an animal dying, when someone is sick or having a bad day. Stuff like that.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
  • HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    Hey @rosemow !

Well despite you said I only need 15 posts and 25 points, I can't change anything, I am still ranked as new member and I already signed out and signed in again, but it isn't changing! I also don't see how I can change my avatar or anything like that :(
    Hey @rosemow !

Well despite you said I only need 15 posts and 25 points, I can't change anything, I am still ranked as new member and I already signed out and signed in again, but it isn't changing! I also don't see how I can change my avatar or anything like that :(

Hello @pendragon1994
    You just now need to have the account for over 24 hours, as you have the required posts and points.
  • HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    Ah @rosemow Thank you so much for explaining, must be hard sometimes, to explain every tiny thing to all the new ones! Thank you for taking your time and patience with me ^^ Take care and again I am very gratefullll ^^
    Ah @rosemow Thank you so much for explaining, must be hard sometimes, to explain every tiny thing to all the new ones! Thank you for taking your time and patience with me ^^ Take care and again I am very gratefullll ^^

You’re very welcome @pendragon1994 :)
  • TBrandesTBrandes Posts: 45 Member
    Although i understand the reasoning for the limitations - but i've got to say its frustrating. On the german side i'm a full member, got my avatar, posted some of the stuff i've made (for example: 'Die Sims 4: Eigene Kreationen' > 'Nachbarschaft'), right now i'm working on a troubleshooting guide in regards to CC and mods. Its not finished yet and at the moment only in german. But i intend to translate it at a later date…

Sadly at the german side its a bit empty, quite a few downloads of my modlists, but with one exception no feedback at all. So i reworked most of my stuff and thought lets switch the language and finally get some feedback.

But with these requirements i'll need months to get even close to become a member. I'm hate spamming just to get the postcount up and at the moment i really ask myself why i should even bother to put so much work into it.
    Great, just saw some mistakes and it seems that i can't even edit the stuff i just wrote...
    TBrandes wrote: »
    Although i understand the reasoning for the limitations - but i've got to say its frustrating. On the german side i'm a full member, got my avatar, posted some of the stuff i've made (for example: 'Die Sims 4: Eigene Kreationen' > 'Nachbarschaft'), right now i'm working on a troubleshooting guide in regards to CC and mods. Its not finished yet and at the moment only in german. But i intend to translate it at a later date…

Sadly at the german side its a bit empty, quite a few downloads of my modlists, but with one exception no feedback at all. So i reworked most of my stuff and thought lets switch the language and finally get some feedback.

But with these requirements i'll need months to get even close to become a member. I'm hate spamming just to get the postcount up and at the moment i really ask myself why i should even bother to put so much work into it.

Hello and welcome to the forums @TBrandes... :)

In order to be able to posts pictures and have an avatar, you first need to become a full member because as of right now you are considered a new member. New members are restricted from starting new threads, posting pictures and links, having an avatar or changing one, sending private messages to other members. In order to become a full member, you will need to have 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    A link with a list of badges that gives out points. There is a page that explains what each badge is but it's broken for the time being.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p236
    And this link is a tutorial on how to use the site.. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1
    A link for a thread for New Members to introduce themselves to the community.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1
    I would suggest for all new members to go and read the rules of the site before posting... :)
    A link to Forums Etiquette, Warning/Banning Process and the Forum Rules... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules
    For any New members who want to get their post/point count up, the best thing that I would advise you to do is to find threads that may interest you and join in on them or go to the Off Topic section and join in on some of the word/story games over there. The posts made over in the forum section will go towards your post count whereas the posts made on your wall and the Activity Feed doesn't go towards the total post count. The only thing that you will get if you should make any post over on your wall or Activity Feed will be any Insightfuls, Likes or Awesomes as they will go towards your total points count. Hopefully creating your posts on other threads will also increase your points... :)
    And for anyone who may have any issues with either TS3 or TS4, these are links for New Members to post their issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
    And for name changes, you can request them on either @EA_Lanna or @EA_Mage page... :)
    Reading the rules was the reason for my posting.
    TBrandes wrote: »

Hello @TBrandes
    Welcome to these forums. With you writing a troubleshooting guide for cc and mods, you may like to post on threads in the Modding and Custom Content section of the forums. There may be threads there that you may be interested in posting on.
    The link to that section of the forums is
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • missautumn19missautumn19 Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for the info! Super handy :)
  • TehOpheliacTehOpheliac Posts: 17 Member
    Man, I just want to post a thread asking for help with a mod conflict (probably) that gives my sims a double set of eyeballs, the second of which floats over their groin. No, I'm not kidding: imgur [dot] com/a/Jups5zm

I've been having a lot of issues with mod conflicts lately, but I'm no longer getting crashes or Last Exception errors via MCC, so I thought I was good. )8 The game itself works perfectly other than double eyeballs -- which creepy me out enough that I don't even want to play it anymore. I have no idea where to start with this. The double set of eyeballs are there whether the sim is using any modded items/clothes or not.

Do I really have to make 30 posts and get 50 points just to ask for help with this? Apparently, I've been registered since 2011 according to my profile. I own literally every single one of the sims 4 expansion or stuff packs. I own at least half of the sims 3 games/expansions, and all of the Sims 2 and 1. That's an awful lot of work for a forum I never intend to use again after I figure out how to fix this. =/
    edited August 2018
    Man, I just want to post a thread asking for help with a mod conflict (probably) that gives my sims a double set of eyeballs, the second of which floats over their groin. No, I'm not kidding: imgur [dot] com/a/Jups5zm

I've been having a lot of issues with mod conflicts lately, but I'm no longer getting crashes or Last Exception errors via MCC, so I thought I was good. )8 The game itself works perfectly other than double eyeballs -- which creepy me out enough that I don't even want to play it anymore. I have no idea where to start with this. The double set of eyeballs are there whether the sim is using any modded items/clothes or not.

Do I really have to make 30 posts and get 50 points just to ask for help with this? Apparently, I've been registered since 2011 according to my profile. I own literally every single one of the sims 4 expansion or stuff packs. I own at least half of the sims 3 games/expansions, and all of the Sims 2 and 1. That's an awful lot of work for a forum I never intend to use again after I figure out how to fix this. =/

Hello @TehOpheliac
    The number of points and posts needed has changed since this thread was opened. You now need to have 25 points and 15 posts before you can become a full member. This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

With the mods issue, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
    I understand why you all have decided to put up this rule, but I also think it's a little ridiculous. I think it's rather telling that I've had my account since 2011 and this is only the second post I've ever made. I'm just not that social of a person, I guess.

Hnnng, I've already been doing that, though. I had like 3,000+ mods (most of them cosmetic for Cas because I'm a hoe for a pretty sim). I've taken out 80% of the gameplay mods and I've spent _days_ going through my cosmetics. I only have about 7-800 cosmetic mods now and I went through them all, one by one with the Sims 4 studio to make sure they weren't missing meshes or anything like that. That took me like 4-5 days to do and now my carpal tunnel is acting up something nasty. I've been wearing braces on my wrists nonstop. I've also been using the Sims 4 tray tool and I still haven't even gotten to looking at the "objects" yet in the Sims 4 studio. It'd take way too long to add a file one by one to the game and open-close it. It takes a good 5 minutes to load up every time I start the game.

As for the gameplay mods... I use MCC and a looooot of cooking or gardening mods. That is, they just add new meals or plants to the game because I love watching them cook. I don't know why I derive so much enjoyment from that. ; 3 ; I do use some mods to enhance careers or add traits / aspiration to add more personality to the sims, but there's barely any installed right now because I've been doing them one by one and a lot of them cause Last Exception errors. All the other gameplay mods are just little tweaks or fixes -- so sims don't go out during a blizzard to make snow angels, so they don't die due to weather, to be able to select pets because the cute but dumb things need to be told every time they want to eat, etc. It's all stuff like that to make it a little easier.

The cache files is a good idea, though. I hadn't thought of that yet. I've had issues for almost a month now and I've been researching online to fix things. Only, the eyeballs thing is super specific and I haven't found anything about it...
    I understand why you all have decided to put up this rule, but I also think it's a little ridiculous. I think it's rather telling that I've had my account since 2011 and this is only the second post I've ever made. I'm just not that social of a person, I guess.

Hnnng, I've already been doing that, though. I had like 3,000+ mods (most of them cosmetic for Cas because I'm a hoe for a pretty sim). I've taken out 80% of the gameplay mods and I've spent _days_ going through my cosmetics. I only have about 7-800 cosmetic mods now and I went through them all, one by one with the Sims 4 studio to make sure they weren't missing meshes or anything like that. That took me like 4-5 days to do and now my carpal tunnel is acting up something nasty. I've been wearing braces on my wrists nonstop. I've also been using the Sims 4 tray tool and I still haven't even gotten to looking at the "objects" yet in the Sims 4 studio. It'd take way too long to add a file one by one to the game and open-close it. It takes a good 5 minutes to load up every time I start the game.

As for the gameplay mods... I use MCC and a looooot of cooking or gardening mods. That is, they just add new meals or plants to the game because I love watching them cook. I don't know why I derive so much enjoyment from that. ; 3 ; I do use some mods to enhance careers or add traits / aspiration to add more personality to the sims, but there's barely any installed right now because I've been doing them one by one and a lot of them cause Last Exception errors. All the other gameplay mods are just little tweaks or fixes -- so sims don't go out during a blizzard to make snow angels, so they don't die due to weather, to be able to select pets because the cute but dumb things need to be told every time they want to eat, etc. It's all stuff like that to make it a little easier.

The cache files is a good idea, though. I hadn't thought of that yet. I've had issues for almost a month now and I've been researching online to fix things. Only, the eyeballs thing is super specific and I haven't found anything about it...

Hello @TehOpheliac
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch, Seasons Pack and latest patches.
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc which may help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    Hello and thank you, but I don't have any of the mods listed there installed any longer. I already removed them (along with most of my gameplay mods) after the seasons update patch.
    Hello and thank you, but I don't have any of the mods listed there installed any longer. I already removed them (along with most of my gameplay mods) after the seasons update patch.

You may need to continue to keep testing the cc/mods that you still have, to find the cause of the issue. I hope that you will soon find the broken cc/mods.
    I honestly have no idea what mod would be causing eyeballs to do this. I would literally have to start all over again because the Sims 4 Studio isn't going to show me what's breaking the game like this. It takes 5 minutes to load up the game and I have about 1400 mods in total (or at least, that's about how much I had the last time I checked). I don't think testing each mod one by one like this is an efficient method for testing. I would love to be able to talk to a larger ray of people to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.
    I just did the math, if I tested them all one by one it would take me 116.66666667 hours. That's not realistically feasible.
    I honestly have no idea what mod would be causing eyeballs to do this. I would literally have to start all over again because the Sims 4 Studio isn't going to show me what's breaking the game like this. It takes 5 minutes to load up the game and I have about 1400 mods in total (or at least, that's about how much I had the last time I checked). I don't think testing each mod one by one like this is an efficient method for testing. I would love to be able to talk to a larger ray of people to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.
    I just did the math, if I tested them all one by one it would take me 116.66666667 hours. That's not realistically feasible.

Try using the 50/50 method that I suggested in the eatlier post .
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16672169/#Comment_16672169
    Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
    Haha, I appreciate you're trying to help! But also, as I mentioned, I've already done that.
  • abs8872abs8872 Posts: 7 New Member
    I just want to point out that I joined this forum in 2011 and am still considered a "new member" because I haven't earned enough of their little "points" to be considered a full member. This is absolutely ridiculous. There are a few other choice words I could use to describe how shockingly unintelligent/trashy/classless this is on the forum's part, but since I am an actual adult who tries my best to follow rules, I won't.

I just think that if someone (read: ANYone) has been a member for 7+ years, regardless of how often or how little they post, he/she/they should be considered a full member. I mean, SEVEN YEARS. And I've been playing The Sims since it was released decades ago. I actually played SimCity long before they ever released The Sims (yes, I'm THAT old).

But loyalty doesn't count for anything these days. Not with EA, not with these forum moderators. In a real-world forum, any intellectual could introduce an idea, regardless of experience; in internet terms, that would translate to, "anyone could post a new topic, regardless of points." But I see that this here isn't really a forum, but some type of oligarchy where only the privileged get to introduce/control the introduction of new ideas.

Here's a thought: change the name instead of calling it a forum. Because it's not a forum unless or until everyone has equal speaking privileges. :)
    edited August 2018
    abs8872 wrote: »
    I just want to point out that I joined this forum in 2011 and am still considered a "new member" because I haven't earned enough of their little "points" to be considered a full member. This is absolutely ridiculous. There are a few other choice words I could use to describe how shockingly unintelligent/trashy/classless this is on the forum's part, but since I am an actual adult who tries my best to follow rules, I won't.

I just think that if someone (read: ANYone) has been a member for 7+ years, regardless of how often or how little they post, he/she/they should be considered a full member. I mean, SEVEN YEARS. And I've been playing The Sims since it was released decades ago. I actually played SimCity long before they ever released The Sims (yes, I'm THAT old).

But loyalty doesn't count for anything these days. Not with EA, not with these forum moderators. In a real-world forum, any intellectual could introduce an idea, regardless of experience; in internet terms, that would translate to, "anyone could post a new topic, regardless of points." But I see that this here isn't really a forum, but some type of oligarchy where only the privileged get to introduce/control the introduction of new ideas.

Here's a thought: change the name instead of calling it a forum. Because it's not a forum unless or until everyone has equal speaking privileges. :)

Hello @abs8872, you have enough points to meet that part of the requirements, you just need to make more enough posts to meet the 15 post count and then you will be a full member... :)

I have seen accounts that was created on the old TS3 site being used on this site for spamming non-sims things such as ads for adult sites, witch/love doctors and the such. So it doesn't matter if someone created their account in 2009 as that account could still be used for spamming and not for the purpose of the game. Plus the fact that some people did create extra accounts on the old site to troll with without getting their main account banned for good.

Edit to say that this was put in place due to new members wanting to post and link adult sites and pictures when this first opened up in 2014. Banning didn't help stop the problem as they could just create yet another account since we don't have any type of gaming registration system put in place over here since we do have sections for TS, TS2, TSM and any other older Sims games can be talked about here on this site.
  • abs8872abs8872 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > abs8872 wrote: »
    >
    > I just want to point out that I joined this forum in 2011 and am still considered a "new member" because I haven't earned enough of their little "points" to be considered a full member. This is absolutely ridiculous. There are a few other choice words I could use to describe how shockingly unintelligent/trashy/classless this is on the forum's part, but since I am an actual adult who tries my best to follow rules, I won't.
    >
    > I just think that if someone (read: ANYone) has been a member for 7+ years, regardless of how often or how little they post, he/she/they should be considered a full member. I mean, SEVEN YEARS. And I've been playing The Sims since it was released decades ago. I actually played SimCity long before they ever released The Sims (yes, I'm THAT old).
    >
    > But loyalty doesn't count for anything these days. Not with EA, not with these forum moderators. In a real-world forum, any intellectual could introduce an idea, regardless of experience; in internet terms, that would translate to, "anyone could post a new topic, regardless of points." But I see that this here isn't really a forum, but some type of oligarchy where only the privileged get to introduce/control the introduction of new ideas.
    >
    > Here's a thought: change the name instead of calling it a forum. Because it's not a forum unless or until everyone has equal speaking privileges. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @abs8872, you have enough points to meet that part of the requirements, you just need to make more enough posts to meet the 15 post count and then you will be a full member... :)
    >
    > I have seen accounts that was created on the old TS3 site being used on this site for spamming non-sims things such as ads for adult sites, witch/love doctors and the such. So it doesn't matter if someone created their account in 2009 as that account could still be used for spamming and not for the purpose of the game. Plus the fact that some people did create extra accounts on the old site to troll with without getting their main account banned for good.

@lisasc360 Thank you for your reply. I am fully aware of how many posts I need to make in order to achieve full member status. The point of my comment was that I shouldn't need to. The fact that you have to earn points and make a certain number of posts at all is completely contradictory to the definition and purpose of a forum. Ergo, this platform deserves no such name.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top