Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    > @06Bon06 said:<br />
    > leelujack wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Well I suppose it proves that the new forum measures kinda work in that it a good thing they cant post pics <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Just unfortunate to have to see it for a few seconds, the Avi is the next thing that should be dealt with though.<br />
    <br />
    that's easy enough to fix though isn't it? i had mine done before i even posted on the forum.

Myself and other users are saying that New members should not be able to upload their own avatar. Because...well looks at the troll's picture :/
    oh, i see what you're saying. but i'm glad i was able to upload my own :D, i have some pretty born in game sims on 3 ;).

Is that a Sims 3 Sim? Wow! She is pretty
  • Grneydbandit0Grneydbandit0 Posts: 1,050 Member
    yes she is :), she and the one i used earlier were twins born in game. thank you, i can only take the credit of putting two good sims from the exchange together ;).
  • khlvhkhlvh Posts: 8 New Member
    Not to bump the convo back, but I've been a lurker since 12/21/09, hardly ever posted and stayed away from the forums because of the flame wars, hopefully this will keep the idiots at bay and I may stick around more.
    khlvh wrote: »
    Not to bump the convo back, but I've been a lurker since 12/21/09, hardly ever posted and stayed away from the forums because of the flame wars, hopefully this will keep the idiots at bay and I may stick around more.

This thread is for new users to understand the system better ;) I hope so ^^
    khlvh wrote: »

sorry for jacking it for a sec :).
  • DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    Great...

@06Bon06 Next agenda, discover how many flags it takes to get rid of a troll.
    edited August 2014
    Daijahv wrote: »
    Great...

@06Bon06 Next agenda, discover how many flags it takes to get rid of a troll.

lol Last time I checked he was at -970 points o.O

Let's experiment! >:)
    Alright!

Up to 893 abuse reports, -963 points, 155 spam and still going strong.

Off topic, I saw in another thread a few members begging for better (or more) moderation. I've only seen one Guru since I came back to the forums. Not sure where they've all gone.
    i guess they're all partying like it's 1999.
    Alright!

Up to 893 abuse reports, -963 points, 155 spam and still going strong.

Off topic, I saw in another thread a few members begging for better (or more) moderation. I've only seen one Guru since I came back to the forums. Not sure where they've all gone.

The moderation is terrible here :/ That's why they run free
    Yep. That sucks.

I miss the good old days where you needed to register a game in order to have a forum account.

Oh, I don't know if you saw my previous post about new member privileges or not Bon, but when I was level "New Member" I could post links and pics just fine. The link to that comment is here.
    Yep. That sucks.

I miss the good old days where you needed to register a game in order to have a forum account.

Oh, I don't know if you saw my previous post about new member privileges or not Bon, but when I was level "New Member" I could post links and pics just fine. The link to that comment is here.

Nope, I kind of loose some of them haha
    "Anyway, the image and link I posted was 4 days ago on Aug. 12, 2014 "
    Correct me if I am wrong but the new system was only created yesterday.
    Ah was it? Well that makes sense then.

This is the post I was referring to. It was actually the first one I made on these new forums. The pic and link posted fine. So that's why when I found this thread I was confused about what "New members" could and couldn't do.

If you scroll one post up, you'll see the "old me" that somehow is stuck in limbo even though we obviously have the same name and are the same person. I can't edit any of my old threads which bites.

Question: What's that promote button for in the profile? I haven't seen anyone with a number other than 0 beneath it.
    Ah was it? Well that makes sense then.

This is the post I was referring to. It was actually the first one I made on these new forums. The pic and link posted fine. So that's why when I found this thread I was confused about what "New members" could and couldn't do.

If you scroll one post up, you'll see the "old me" that somehow is stuck in limbo even though we obviously have the same name and are the same person. I can't edit any of my old threads which bites.

Question: What's that promote button for in the profile? I haven't seen anyone with a number other than 0 beneath it.

Omg that is really weird! They should really add date and time on posts.
    I think if you have a 1 you are promoted to MOD because I've only seen mods with a 1

The troll has -1,121 Points and 1K abuse reports. *Applauds mods *
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be upgraded to member soon :) !
    ldauop39735.png
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    When this first all came out I was on the points board and I was like "WOW IM SO POPULAR" lololol

now im away down and people have some crazy a*s high numners on points LOL

but I really think on the old forums having to register your game and it being harder to change avatars definately made trolling a lot harder to achiebe so trolls mostly just stayed away. So that was good. But here its too easy to troll and im sure everyone by now has seen a at least a little bit of the trolling action and it NEEDS TO STOP NOW

there are younger simmers here, such as myself (though I am a teen and unfortunately have seen stuff i would have prefered not to see I still prefer not to see these vile imagesof cartoons involved in youknowwhat) that definately do not want to be seeing

But anyway. I quite like the badges and point system though!
  • PiclikPiclik Posts: 36 Member
    I think they have changed the rules to become a Member because @randomboggan has 64 points and she still is a New Member.
    Origin ID: Piclik

• Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I lost my old account and was too lazy to figure out the pw. So here I am with an alt account and barely any points xD
  • randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2014
    New posts are not showing up for me, although I'd like to read them, because I have now 70 points, and I am still ranked a New Member. Edit: Okay, now it did show up. And yes, I'm at 70 points... Still haven't been promoted. Sad panda. Ha ha.
  • PiclikPiclik Posts: 36 Member
    Maybe you need 100 points now...
    Origin ID: Piclik

We will have to test it again. Please tell me your results. I believe they made it higher.
    @randomboggan @Piclik Something defiantly changed in the system because Piclik only has 65 points is a member while Randomboggan has more than a 100 points and is still new. Let me know if you figure it out ;)
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > randomboggan Piclik Something defiantly changed in the system because Piclik only has 65 points is a member while Randomboggan has more than a 100 points and is still new. Let me know if you figure it out

I was close too to fifty points! I guess ghat means a lot of work to go before I become a member. :(
    ldauop39735.png
    > @06Bon06 said:<br />
    > randomboggan Piclik Something defiantly changed in the system because Piclik only has 65 points is a member while Randomboggan has more than a 100 points and is still new. Let me know if you figure it out<br />
    <br />
    I was close too to fifty points! I guess ghat means a lot of work to go before I become a member. :(

Awww yeah, well feel free to come back wehn you become a member and tell us what it took.
  • simbolismesimbolisme Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sorry, abusing this thread to see if I'm back to being a new member.......

edit: Back to being confuzzled!

edit: Could joining date have anything to do with it?
    ...................nothing going on here.............................................................................no, absolutely nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top