Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greek house or dorm?

LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
Did/ do you prefer living in a dorm or living in a greek house? Also share any funny or interesting university stories from The Sims 2.

My sim is living in a sorority with 7 other sims. That house is always active! There is never a dull moment. So many fights have broken out among the girl! Most of the time I have no idea what is going on in that house.

Comments

• LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    They also happen to live off chinese and pizza delivery. Like rarely does anyone cook.
  • GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    It's been sooo long since I've played TS2 University. I don't even remember Greek housing, I was probably too inexperienced to know how to join. My sims were mainly in dorms, and one time I had 4 sims just living in a house together. That was one of my favorite eps. I gave it to my friend a few years ago because I thought I was done with Sims 2 ohgeez-1.gif

Love your profile pic, btw!
    2m2dkr9.jpg
    GummiBearx wrote: »
    It's been sooo long since I've played TS2 University. I don't even remember Greek housing, I was probably too inexperienced to know how to join. My sims were mainly in dorms, and one time I had 4 sims just living in a house together. That was one of my favorite eps. I gave it to my friend a few years ago because I thought I was done with Sims 2 ohgeez-1.gif

Love your profile pic, btw!

I just started playing ts2 this week. I downloaded the ultimate collection. I have been having so much fun!

The greek houses were the fraternities and sororities. You have befriend the already existing members to join. My sim lived in a dorm for short while. Dorm living is a lot easier than living in a greek house. So many fist fights and slap fests have broken out in the house!

Lol thank you! I love Professor Snape! My siggy used to be made up of Snape gifs. That's probably the main thing I miss about the old forum. Also your sim looks really cool and chic!

• ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    I never used to make my sims live in a Greek house... and I played with University a lot! Maybe it was because I was too young to understand what a Greek house actually is - they don't exist over here in Ireland and the concept still confuses me.. it's just a house full of college students. What's with all the Greek letters and nonsense though? :lol:

Anyway, I always followed the same pattern - my sims lived in a dorm for the first year, then when they had enough money, they rented a small house with their friends. I never strayed from that formula. I should probably make my sims live in a Greek House the next time I'm playing shouldn't I? :mrgreen:

BTW, I've always wondered, why are there no Greek Houses in Académie le Tour? I never understood why :S
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I just started playing Sims 2 University. They start off with $500 so how do they make money to pay bills and move to a house?
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    @Meela_Pasht

After each exam they get money (if they get on the Dean's list or whatever that's called they get around €1,000). I'm almost sure :p You can also have them work in coffee shops for some money :)
  • RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    You can also get them to train others at the gym, or with Bon Voyage (I think that's the one that added it?) you could dig up treasure. That was always a good way to get money, especially if they got the treasure chest! Wiped out their hygiene though.
    @Conorsim and @RubiesandRainbows: Thank you both for the tips. :)
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
    Conorsim wrote: »
    I never used to make my sims live in a Greek house... and I played with University a lot! Maybe it was because I was too young to understand what a Greek house actually is - they don't exist over here in Ireland and the concept still confuses me.. it's just a house full of college students. What's with all the Greek letters and nonsense though? :lol:

Anyway, I always followed the same pattern - my sims lived in a dorm for the first year, then when they had enough money, they rented a small house with their friends. I never strayed from that formula. I should probably make my sims live in a Greek House the next time I'm playing shouldn't I? :mrgreen:

BTW, I've always wondered, why are there no Greek Houses in Académie le Tour? I never understood why :S
    Lol I was never apart of a Greek house in college. They say if join one it well help you later in life. Supposedly you will get better connection to get a good job. Though a lot of time to join one they do a lot of hazing. Every year someone is hospitalized over doing something crazy. People are idiots.

I might try out your idea. Renting out a house and picking other teens in neighborhood to live there. That sounds like fun.
    I just started playing Sims 2 University. They start off with $500 so how do they make money to pay bills and move to a house?
    Honestly I cheat a lot. I rarely ever play without cheating lol. Though I am playing one family without using the money cheat. It is hard lol.

• shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    Dorm for sureeee. I can honestly say I never cheat (unless you count moveobjects or constrainfloorelevations as cheating) so managing all the Sims involved in a Greek house is a hassle and a half when I usually only care about one or two.
    LuckySky wrote: »
    Honestly I cheat a lot. I rarely ever play without cheating lol. Though I am playing one family without using the money cheat. It is hard lol.

Yehh. That's what I've been doing because she was running out of money plus there were the those darn bills!! So, I use cheats all of the time.
    shesclassy wrote: »
    Dorm for sureeee. I can honestly say I never cheat (unless you count moveobjects or constrainfloorelevations as cheating) so managing all the Sims involved in a Greek house is a hassle and a half when I usually only care about one or two.
    I find it so hard not to cheat. I even downloaded a cheat plant. I do have one family I am trying not to cheat with. It is super hard!

I only really played with my main sim. I locked the door to whichever bedroom I chose for my sim. The other sims looked after their selves... for the most part. Though some would get on academic probation. I did help them out a little. I think next time I will either try a dorm or a house.
    LuckySky wrote: »

Yehh. That's what I've been doing because she was running out of money plus there were the those darn bills!! So, I use cheats all of the time.

I am playing with Brandi Broke from Pleasantview. She ony had something like $840 in her income. She has a teen, child, and a baby on the way. I really want to type in motherlode! Though I do move up their motives to make things somewhat easier.